BLM

Is this the year Andy Dalton overtakes Matt Ryan

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, BLM said:

As Matt Ryan continues to make rookie throws ,maybe this is the year Andy Dalton outperforms Ryan.  I'm just patting myself on the back for benching Ryan and picking up Dalton for the home opener lmao Ryan got 8.8 points out of projected 20.  Dalton probably gonna hit 20.

 

Like I drafted Ryan as my only QB to be THE starter for me and I benched him and dropped a guy to pick up Dalton.  I chose Ryan over Big Ben, Kirk Cousins, Rivers, Smith, and Grap who were all available for me at that time.  Maybe I got a bit of Nick Saben in me lol!  Nothings given on my team. Draft status means nothing.

Dalton is playing the Colts defense and Ryan played the Super Bowl champions defense. Fair comparison! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not that Ryan hasn’t separated himself for years already but ya know history revisionists btw.

Thread should be titled:

Is this the year logic finally dies forever and goes extinct? Mindless mouthpieces keep spewing.

Ryan has strong stats except where it really counts: TD's.  

Stop pretending.  He is not great.  We have a serviceable QB that needs a lot of help.  

Unfortunately, his new contract insures that we will need to draft deftly to continue to help the guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah let's see if Dalton can hit 60% comp his season. let's see if can have  3,500 yd season. Let's see if he can end the back to back losing seasons and help his team get to 8-8.

Or can we realize Cowherd's shtick is to stir the pot and he uses hyperbole to achieve that

We lost bc we couldn't beat the refs, injuries, and the defending SB champs at home week one

This board is insane.

If we have a winning season, it will be thanks to our improved defense and the many skilled players on offense.  

Ryan does not win games.  He manages them.  And, in the red zone, he manages them poorly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Ryan has strong stats except where it really counts: TD's.  

Stop pretending.  He is not great.  We have a serviceable QB that needs a lot of help.  

Unfortunately, his new contract insures that we will need to draft deftly to continue to help the guy.  

? Compared to the GOAT:

Their 1st 10 seasons starting

Ryan 260 TDs

Brady 295 TD:

Thats a difference or 3.5 TDs per season and includes a then record 50 TDs in 2007; inflating the difference. Taking away their best years in their first 10 leaves you with Ryan having 222 TDs and Brady 245. A difference of 2.5 TDs per year.

So, it’s more like Ryan isn’t as bad as some are making him out to be; as the usual facts go.

Please try to use context. TDs passing isn’t a weakness. Red zone TDs passing I’ll give you his career he is clearly more of an average QB like a Rivers. However, he will wind up with total TDs over 400 for his career easily. That’s assuming he stays the same in the RZ the rest of his career and keeps the same patterns.

History shows in the current NFL if you are capable of maintaining a high level you can play QB into your 40s due to the position being protected more from a rules standpoint.

It’s not unreasonable to think Ryan has more 30+ TD years in him.

This bipolar nonsense of Ryan is either Great or a Game Manager/Average Joe is ridiculous. He will be among record holders.

One particular area of being average may make him less than elite of the elites or less than elitest. That does not make him “not great”. Still has a good shot at the HoF, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, etherdome said:

If we have a winning season, it will be thanks to our improved defense and the many skilled players on offense.  

Ryan does not win games.  He manages them.  And, in the red zone, he manages them poorly.  

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

? Compared to the GOAT:

Their 1st 10 seasons starting

Ryan 260 TDs

Brady 295 TD:

Thats a difference or 3.5 TDs per season and includes a then record 50 TDs in 2007; inflating the difference. Taking away their best years in their first 10 leaves you with Ryan having 222 TDs and Brady 245. A difference of 2.5 TDs per year.

So, it’s more like Ryan isn’t as bad as some are making him out to be; as the usual facts go.

Please try to use context. TDs passing isn’t a weakness. Red zone TDs passing I’ll give you his career he is clearly more of an average QB like a Rivers. However, he will wind up with total TDs over 400 for his career easily. That’s assuming he stays the same in the RZ the rest of his career and keeps the same patterns.

History shows in the current NFL if you are capable of maintaining a high level you can play QB into your 40s due to the position being protected more from a rules standpoint.

It’s not unreasonable to think Ryan has more 30+ TD years in him.

This bipolar nonsense of Ryan is either Great or a Game Manager/Average Joe is ridiculous. He will be among record holders.

One particular area of being average may make him less than elite of the elites or less than elitest. That does not make him “not great”. Still has a good shot at the HoF, too.

All I am really saying is this:  We should have won the game on Thursday.  We did not because Ryan made poor decisions and errant throws.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etherdome said:

All I am really saying is this:  We should have won the game on Thursday.  We did not because Ryan made poor decisions and errant throws.  

I’ve agreed on that one and was among those first saying this in the game day thread,

My point is this: Ryan is rarely THE reason we lose.

I just hate when people come out in droves when it’s obviously on him as if to say “aha, we were right. Ryan isn’t elite he is actually trash or completely average; aka easily replaced.”

It’s just not the truth.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’ve agreed on that one and was among those first saying this in the game day thread,

My point is this: Ryan is rarely THE reason we lose.

I just hate when people come out in droves when it’s obviously on him as if to say “aha, we were right. Ryan isn’t elite he is actually trash or completely average; aka easily replaced.”

It’s just not the truth.

Agreed.  I just want him to make better decisions and better throws when we need him the most.

 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Agreed.  I just want him to make better decisions and better throws when we need him the most.

 

It’s been a rough 2 game stretch in Philly. He was more so let down last year. I think Matt deserves a little leniency on one bad game. Now, for his price sure he should start playing more like last year. Let’s get everyone else on board again and we can score like we know this team is capable of. Hopefully, a better run game and rebound game from Ryan is all we need for that to happen. Of course, there was still a few easy drops vs Eagles but that’s football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well looks like Andy Dalton won round 1 so far with 15 more rounds to go.

But the even bigger question this week is, does Case Keenum overtake Matt Ryan?? Ryan at home vs the Panthers, hard to go against Ryan.

Bu thow many times have we all overrated mr. ryan? TOO MANY TIMES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now