Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon Jedi Knight

Ive figured out the Red Zone problem

64 posts in this topic

The way to fix the problem is just dont get into the red-zone. Keep the offense out of the 20 yard lines, and we will score more TDs.

I know that sounds stupid, but apparently thats the only we can score touch downs - Outside the 20 yard line.

sanfranfalcon likes this

1 minute ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

The way to fix the problem is just dont get into the red-zone. Keep the offense out of the 20 yard lines, and we will score more TDs.

I know that sounds stupid, but apparently thats the only we can score touch downs - Outside the 20 yard line.

that's absolutely the sad reality of it right now!!

14 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

This has been an issue since Ryan came into the NFL. Now, some of it has been to do with the OCs, but after analyzing Ryan's Touchdown passes throughout all his years, it has become evident that most of Ryan's TD passes were from outside the 20 yard line.

Ryan does not function well in Compressed Spaces. He needs more open field to work with. He operates better as a passer with more than 20 yards ahead of him to score.

He is not the kind of passer that can thread a tight needle through a cluster of people crowded up against him. Most of his success comes on passes when he has at least 25 yards or more to work with.

Matt Ryan's "RED ZONE" is from the 30 yard line.

Then someone needs to issue warrant and get him arrested for stealing sooo much wealth from Mr.Blank.

2 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Cannabis is legalized...I get it.

Dont over do it. Please! 

13 hours ago, The_Realist said:

Yep. Matt Ryan has never been comfortable throwing the fade in the redzone. The fade is bread and butter NFL redzone procedure, and Matt can't do it. It's why he consistently throws 10-15 less TDs than the 'elite' QBs per season. Matt is a smart QB, but doesnt have the zip to punch it in to small spaces. This has always been the case.

I think a bigger problem is his agility. He doesn't trust his own legs. As soon as he tore up his knee brace vs philly, he threw off his back foot every time.

20 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

This has been an issue since Ryan came into the NFL. Now, some of it has been to do with the OCs, but after analyzing Ryan's Touchdown passes throughout all his years, it has become evident that most of Ryan's TD passes were from outside the 20 yard line.

Ryan does not function well in Compressed Spaces. He needs more open field to work with. He operates better as a passer with more than 20 yards ahead of him to score.

He is not the kind of passer that can thread a tight needle through a cluster of people crowded up against him. Most of his success comes on passes when he has at least 25 yards or more to work with.

Matt Ryan's "RED ZONE" is from the 30 yard line.

I’ve figured it out too...We need a dependable Tight End.  Ryan really misses Tony G. 

This "Julio doesnt know how to box out" is a load of garbage.  Antonio Brown is 5'11.  He cant box out any CB in the league but what happens is Big Ben puts a ball on him that only he can make a play on in the redzone.  They also scheme AB open around the goalline.  It makes no sense that Julio only has 1 double digit TD campaign.  Meanwhile lesser guys like D. Adams, D. Bryant, J. Nelson have all had 14-15 TDs in a season and some multiple seasons. 

In 2016 Julio was making all kinds of ridiculous sideline grabs and toe taps on the field and even the endzone.  The 1 vs GB in the playoffs, The one vs the saints on the left side,  the crazy grab vs the Buccs in the endzone.  Julio is almost magical about getting that big frame up and feet down to make those graps.  He is not the problem.  Sure...he has untimely drops (In Carolina last year most notably) but he makes spectacular plays more often than not.  

I dont get it with us running on the goalline.  Freeman ate last year on the goalline.  Coleman is the bigger back but free runs with more power.  We really need to stop trying to find a guy who can replace one of them and find a guy who brings a different mindset.  Yes we run zone but we need a downhill back like L. Blount who is 225-230 and can push a pile or break a tackle and get into the redzone.  We keep up with these experiments...B. Hill and Ito Smith.  

2 hours ago, Stryka said:

This "Julio doesnt know how to box out" is a load of garbage.  Antonio Brown is 5'11.  He cant box out any CB in the league but what happens is Big Ben puts a ball on him that only he can make a play on in the redzone.  They also scheme AB open around the goalline.  It makes no sense that Julio only has 1 double digit TD campaign.  Meanwhile lesser guys like D. Adams, D. Bryant, J. Nelson have all had 14-15 TDs in a season and some multiple seasons. 

In 2016 Julio was making all kinds of ridiculous sideline grabs and toe taps on the field and even the endzone.  The 1 vs GB in the playoffs, The one vs the saints on the left side,  the crazy grab vs the Buccs in the endzone.  Julio is almost magical about getting that big frame up and feet down to make those graps.  He is not the problem.  Sure...he has untimely drops (In Carolina last year most notably) but he makes spectacular plays more often than not.  

I dont get it with us running on the goalline.  Freeman ate last year on the goalline.  Coleman is the bigger back but free runs with more power.  We really need to stop trying to find a guy who can replace one of them and find a guy who brings a different mindset.  Yes we run zone but we need a downhill back like L. Blount who is 225-230 and can push a pile or break a tackle and get into the redzone.  We keep up with these experiments...B. Hill and Ito Smith.  

While I agree with what you're trying to say, I also think Julio doesn't know how to beat double coverage in the redzone and last game totally made me sure of that. How they beat us? Double Julio, he doesn't know what to do with that inside the 10. That's his whole career with different OCs, it ain't new. But you're right, He makes circus catches look easy tho

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’ve figured it out too...We need a dependable Tight End.  Ryan really misses Tony G. 

Rookie QBs always depend on a good TE, as a safety net. Matt Ryan is way beyond having to rely on a HOF TE now. No team in the NFL has all the weapons we have on their offense. BUT SOMEHOW they score TouchDowns .... riddle me that

On 9/8/2018 at 2:44 PM, CraigSmackDaddy said:

The problem is that teams don’t respect our run game inside the 5 yard line.  I haven’t went back and watched all the redzone attempts but I sure would like to see who was open IF Matt had time to throw the ball.  One of them I recall Hooper got completely mauled and there was no flag.  

The guy who "mauled" Hooper was covering Freeman who ended up wide open in the endzone out of the flat.