Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shanep

Vic Beasley

50 posts in this topic

He was one arm tackling and playing like he was trying to avoid injury.the results showed.He's definitely looking like a one year flash in the pan.

Yeah, I noticed at least one of those one-arm tackles, but it looked like he couldn't get close enough to tackle the guy, and was just trying to slow him down 'til reinforcements came.  I hope that's the case, and hope he's not injured and just trying to cover it up!  
But really, I think as the season progresses he'll start doin' his thang and will be aight.....I hope!  

Xero likes this

If he keeps playing like this he's going to end up being a victim of "you can't pay everyone" on defense.

Neal is gonna be low-balled due to injuries & they let Vic walk after franchise tagging him in 2020 if he's eligible.

Yeah, terrible first game....only 1 or two very good games last year....he really has to get it together now or he will not be in line for a big pay raise.

Vic is kinda light for a DE but he has all the tools. I wish he was more aggressive and played with a little more nastiness to his game. I hate for any of our Dlinemen to get ran over (out ran maybe) by Sproles. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Peters was beating his *** all night. 

True statement. Peters erased Beasley, pure domination. I think teams have enough film on Beasley now that he's strictly a one trick pony.

1 hour ago, vafalconfan said:

True statement. Peters erased Beasley, pure domination. I think teams have enough film on Beasley now that he's strictly a one trick pony.

Exactly yet people want to throw him mega dollars. 

He will be gone when his contract runs out. The thing is if he was a step slower which will come with age he would never get a sack. His moves don’t work. He just hasn’t developed. 

Him blowing the tackle allowing the first down on one of the smallest players in the league was one of the plays that killed us late in the game

2 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

Not to defend Vic, because I'm not, but Peters erases a lot of players much better than Vic.  There is a reason Jason Peters will be a hall of famer even in his advanced age.  He's really really good.

Vic didn't look terrible last night...the Sproles missed tackle hurt, but he's a DE, in space, guarding Sproles in the open field.  Even when Rico played Sproles in the flat later in the drive, he gave up like 3 yards just trying to make sure he made the tackle

VTCrunkler likes this

21 minutes ago, athell said:

Not to defend Vic, because I'm not, but Peters erases a lot of players much better than Vic.  There is a reason Jason Peters will be a hall of famer even in his advanced age.  He's really really good.

It's like people don't understand this. 

Now, if he consistently does this against other LTs this year, then yeah, I won't cut the dude any slack. He had his share of poor plays Thursday (the Sproles one in particular), but he better show out against the lesser LTs because he won't be playing Peters-level LTs the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Vic is kinda light for a DE but he has all the tools. I wish he was more aggressive and played with a little more nastiness to his game. I hate for any of our Dlinemen to get ran over (out ran maybe) by Sproles. 

We still have that falcons filter in place.. Can't sign any nasty mean players.. Gotta sign the good ol Boys and this is what we get 

6 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Vic didn't look terrible last night...the Sproles missed tackle hurt, but he's a DE, in space, guarding Sproles in the open field.  Even when Rico played Sproles in the flat later in the drive, he gave up like 3 yards just trying to make sure he made the tackle

Foles was also vics man on the Patriots trick play that got them a first down.. Vic let Foles get down field 10 yards before he even realized it 

ki46dinah likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Foles was also vics man on the Patriots trick play that got them a first down.. Vic let Foles get down field 10 yards before he even realized it 

What's crazy is everyone in the stadium and in the booth or at home saw that play as it developed, everyone but the guys in white jerseys. I wish someone had leveled Foles on that play. QBs that run those kind of plays need to be crushed. Penalty be ****ed.

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The whole defense got wrecked. Even if he just plays contain, the DBs behind him flowed to the ball. You’re expecting our DE to make way too many coverage plays

Knight of God likes this