Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpongeDad

Jason Whitlock: ATL Will Regret Giving MR $150 Mil Extension

1 hour ago, tactician said:

Raiders got killed for trading Khalil Mack. They got 2 firsts and got out of a 150 million dollar contract. I would make that deal for Ryan right now in a heartbeat.

You make it in a heartbeat you reckon lol.

Who you got and you don't think that new guy is stepping right in here and performing at the level Ryan has the last decade.

This place is unbelievable at times first game he has a bad one then all the BS comes out.

Clueless I swear,the same fools saying trade Julio aswell during the off season don't sign Trufant or Freeman fark me why don't we just draft a bunch of scrubs and move back to the good days of paper bag fan Falcon football.

Some of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves for calling yourselves "fans".  Perhaps one day I'll learn to stay away from the boards after an ugly loss where the best QB we're likely to ever have has a bad game.  

48 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Ryan's knock his whole career is that he does not have a killer instinct in the redzone. 

Too afraid of making a bad play. 

The knock his whole career has been whatever fits the narrative of clueless fans/media.  

1.  Can't win a playoff game
2.  Bad in the red zone
3.  Noodle arm
4.  Hasn't won a SB.
5.  Doesn't make enough plays with his feet
6.  Needs a loaded offense to be effective

He played like crap last night.  He's the first guy that will own up to it and shoulder the blame (even though there's plenty to go around) and he will work his butt off to fix it and get better.  

BTW G-dawg, this wasn't a knock against you or your comment.  Matt needs to be better there, and so does a lot of things.  Last night just sucked.

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lol, he just said what I've said about Ryan for years.. Ryan takes rediculus sacks to pad his stats.. He has for years.. If Ryan would have thrown the ball away all the sacks he took the last 4 years his qb rating would be way worse.. I've said this since Ryan has been here.. He had rather take the sacks and lose the yards than throw the ball away and effect his stats.. Truth

No, the truth is that someone that thinks someone would rather get slammed into the ground by a 300lb dude that could bench press a truck than have worse stats that give them no financial incentive or otherwise has the I.Q of tapioca pudding that farted on itself and then got ran over by a rogue dumpster.

maybe we will...maybe we won't...

but it's a guarantee his arteries are regretting the OT he puts them through every night...how you out of breath sitting down at a sports panel? 

like Cox said, and someone here mentioned it too, maybe @jerz, Schwartz just has Ryan's number. 

44 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Well, I am forced to say what I have resisted for years.  Matt Ryan is the problem.  

Sark schemed well.  The OL was mediocre, but more than anything else, Ryan's play was lousy.  You can chant "it's only one game", but the fact is that this was an important game.  

Matt Ryan missed open receivers and he absolutely made many poor decisions.  That is not the performance of a good starting QB.  

Blast me all you want.  All I have to say is that Matt Ryan is a disappointment.     

this was not a game any more important than our other outer division games...really doubt a tiebreaker will come down to game 1 opening week.

All these hot take and garbage coverage.

Majority of venting fools don’t appreciate Matt and blame him too much. Such is life at QB; especially for the falcons which gets the best national TV ratings when it’s a negative story. Why? We feed into it and the country is out to run with the negative spin narratives. Hey gotta hate on the man for his contract every chance we get! Even though his last one didn’t stop us from competing..

So dumb. Hot take next week. His body of work is really good and a bad week 1 ain’t the end. Only a fool makes decisions and forms opinions into this holy statements as if revelations. Glory seeking attention whores. GTFO.

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol listen to these idiots and who exactly do the Falcons go out there and get.I like how they pretend that a top level QB like Ryan is can be found like the air you breathe.

Off loading Mack and off loading Ryan isn't close to being the same either what a joke that comment was.

Teddy Bridgewater looked pretty darn good this preseason.  I think he'll make $5million this year.  I wonder if he could have gotten the ball to Julio in the red zone?

30 minutes ago, AL_Bundy said:

Teddy Bridgewater looked pretty darn good this preseason.  I think he'll make $5million this year.  I wonder if he could have gotten the ball to Julio in the red zone?

How's Teddy Bridgewater looked in his career so far I don't care how much either guy is getting paid I'd take Ryan today tomorrow and every other day over that guy.

Dunno if he would with Cox and co collapsing the pocket and putting consistent pressure on him I think he' d have got exposed even worse than Ryan did.

If you’ve ever had to complete a task off of someone else’s plan or design you would realize how difficult and challenging that could be. Sark and Matt are in a tough position because of DQ. Sark is calling plays based off of someone else’s design and concepts and Matt has to excute a plan that the corrdinator isn’t  completely comfortable with or possibly even sold on. I believe when Sark first got hired the board was talking about him liking more of a power running scheme. How much of that have we seen?

8 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

this was not a game any more important than our other outer division games...really doubt a tiebreaker will come down to game 1 opening week.

Every game is important.  It was the first game of the season.  A game that allowed for weeks of planning.  A game against an opponent playing with a second string QB, missing their top WR and a starting LB.

This game should have been a win.  And it would have been a win if Matt Ryan had thrown to the open receivers in the red zone.  Not acknowledging these facts is an example of blind faith.  

I am not a fan;  never been.  I am not a fan of any entertainment  because I choose not to be fanatical.  I enjoy football and I support my team, but I am not blind.  Matt Ryan is a good QB,  but he did not throw to the correct receivers......and that is what a starting QB is charged to do......especially one that is paid the way he is.   

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

All these hot take and garbage coverage.

Majority of venting fools don’t appreciate Matt and blame him too much. Such is life at QB; especially for the falcons which gets the best national TV ratings when it’s a negative story. Why? We feed into it and the country is out to run with the negative spin narratives. Hey gotta hate on the man for his contract every chance we get! Even though his last one didn’t stop us from competing..

So dumb. Hot take next week. His body of work is really good and a bad week 1 ain’t the end. Only a fool makes decisions and forms opinions into this holy statements as if revelations. Glory seeking attention whores. GTFO.

He did not throw to the open man in the red zone.  

12 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lol, he just said what I've said about Ryan for years.. Ryan takes rediculus sacks to pad his stats.. He has for years.. If Ryan would have thrown the ball away all the sacks he took the last 4 years his qb rating would be way worse.. I've said this since Ryan has been here.. He had rather take the sacks and lose the yards than throw the ball away and effect his stats.. Truth

So let me get this straight. You think he would rather get sacked and risk injury than throw the ball away just so his passer rating won't go down? No offense but that's a pretty **** dumb assessment.

10 hours ago, etherdome said:

Well, I am forced to say what I have resisted for years.  Matt Ryan is the problem.  

Sark schemed well.  The OL was mediocre, but more than anything else, Ryan's play was lousy.  You can chant "it's only one game", but the fact is that this was an important game.  

Matt Ryan missed open receivers and he absolutely made many poor decisions.  That is not the performance of a good starting QB.  

Blast me all you want.  All I have to say is that Matt Ryan is a disappointment.     

I don't care about getting blasted or flamed. I speak my mind and voice my opinion. This team will not win a SB under Ryan as QB UNLESS we get someone the embodiment of Kyle as an OC again.

12 hours ago, RYNE said:

I was furious with the play calling and tackling. Not with matt Ryan. He made some poor decisions but I fully expected it. He and this team can not play in Philly for whatever reason. 

I'm not sure what playcall you were looking for.  We called a variety of things and the reality is we had to throw into the end zone and the Eagles knew it.  There is no magic play to make a guy wide open in that situation.  However, the pick on the last play did spring a man wide open, it's just that Matt was already throwing to Julio on the other side.  Generally I didn't see a problem with playcalling this game.  It was more blocking and throwing that was the issue.

What’s the old saying? Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. Who cares what these idiots think? Matt Ryan is who he is. He’s paid and as consistent as they come. Players have bad games and it’s the first game of a new season. When you really break it down, we just went toe to toe with the Super Bowl Champs minus Alshon Jeffery and lost by a yard. We’ll be fine. Stay away from the media after a loss, it’s better for your health.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Every game is important.  It was the first game of the season.  A game that allowed for weeks of planning.  A game against an opponent playing with a second string QB, missing their top WR and a starting LB.

This game should have been a win.  And it would have been a win if Matt Ryan had thrown to the open receivers in the red zone.  Not acknowledging these facts is an example of blind faith.  

I am not a fan;  never been.  I am not a fan of any entertainment  because I choose not to be fanatical.  I enjoy football and I support my team, but I am not blind.  Matt Ryan is a good QB,  but he did not throw to the correct receivers......and that is what a starting QB is charged to do......especially one that is paid the way he is.   

If every game is important, the importance loses its meaning...