Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpongeDad

Jason Whitlock: ATL Will Regret Giving MR $150 Mil Extension

3 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Going rate for a qb with his resume had no choice... Smh

That's why I think the Raiders were really bold and brilliant for trading Khalil Mack. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Of course Ryan is a quarterback so it's not apples to apples.

14 minutes ago, tactician said:

That's why I think the Raiders were really bold and brilliant for trading Khalil Mack. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Of course Ryan is a quarterback so it's not apples to apples.

Starts with a qb but I do understand your reasoning... Only sucks not knowing what we are going to get week to week with #2... 30 mil I expect a whole lot...

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

There was a choice.  Trade him.  Draft his replacement and go with a different guy!

Sounds good but that would've been super bold... Qbs are cherished these days especially if you have a so called established franchised qb...

Lol listen to these idiots and who exactly do the Falcons go out there and get.I like how they pretend that a top level QB like Ryan is can be found like the air you breathe.

Off loading Mack and off loading Ryan isn't close to being the same either what a joke that comment was.

Lol, he just said what I've said about Ryan for years.. Ryan takes rediculus sacks to pad his stats.. He has for years.. If Ryan would have thrown the ball away all the sacks he took the last 4 years his qb rating would be way worse.. I've said this since Ryan has been here.. He had rather take the sacks and lose the yards than throw the ball away and effect his stats.. Truth

19 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

There was a choice.  Trade him.  Draft his replacement and go with a different guy!

Yep and give you something else to complain about when the next guy comes in and sucks eggs and then watch you change your tune lol.

Fact without Matt Ryan this team doesn't win too me that's non negotiable right now.We aren't trading his contract.Its well documented how hard these guys are to find.At this point in time it's ride or die with Ryan.

You have to agree with a lot of what Whitlock said. Ryan's red zone throwing was atrocious. He couldn't throw the ball in bounds where anybody could catch it. And this part was forgotten because there was a penalty. ON FOURTH DOWN ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE RYAN THROWS IT OUT OF THE END ZONE WHERE NO ONE CAN CATCH IT. No pro QB makes that mistake. Then with a new down because of the penalty, he throws it where Julio can't catch it in bounds. And as to the sacks he takes, there would have been more time on the clock with a fresh set of downs there at the end if he hadn't taken I know of at least 2 sacks on the last drive, not to mention scrambling and running time off the clock on one play at the end instead of just throwing it away the moment he saw no one was open. We probably have at least 2 more plays after that penalty. 

It was just horrendous throwing. You can't blame Sark for that as much as I would like to. 

I was furious with the play calling and tackling. Not with matt Ryan. He made some poor decisions but I fully expected it. He and this team can not play in Philly for whatever reason. 

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

You have to agree with a lot of what Whitlock said. Ryan's red zone throwing was atrocious. He couldn't throw the ball in bounds where anybody could catch it. And this part was forgotten because there was a penalty. ON FOURTH DOWN ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE RYAN THROWS IT OUT OF THE END ZONE WHERE NO ONE CAN CATCH IT. No pro QB makes that mistake. Then with a new down because of the penalty, he throws it where Julio can't catch it in bounds. And as to the sacks he takes, there would have been more time on the clock with a fresh set of downs there at the end if he hadn't taken I know of at least 2 sacks on the last drive, not to mention scrambling and running time off the clock on one play at the end instead of just throwing it away the moment he saw no one was open. We probably have at least 2 more plays after that penalty. 

It was just horrendous throwing. You can't blame Sark for that as much as I would like to. 

I believe Sark can take some of the blame.. Because if Ryan dosnt trust sarks game scheme no way will he be comfortable.. Idk thats the issue with Ryan atm, but if it is its understandable 

49 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Sounds good but that would've been super bold... Qbs are cherished these days especially if you have a so called established franchised qb...

Raiders got killed for trading Khalil Mack. They got 2 firsts and got out of a 150 million dollar contract. I would make that deal for Ryan right now in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

I was furious with the play calling and tackling. Not with matt Ryan. He made some poor decisions but I fully expected it. He and this team can not play in Philly for whatever reason. 

Matt is not a good RZ quarterback.  The things he does well are all done between the 20’s.

1 hour ago, tactician said:

Raiders got killed for trading Khalil Mack. They got 2 firsts and got out of a 150 million dollar contract. I would make that deal for Ryan right now in a heartbeat.

As much as I am disappointed with Ryan’s play and last years - we have the rest of the team to win now - you pull plug on Matt Ryan now and you might as well trade Julio, Free and Mack.

We will ride or die with Matt the next four years at least.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Matt is not a good RZ quarterback.  The things he does well are all done between the 20’s.

Ryan's knock his whole career is that he does not have a killer instinct in the redzone. 

Too afraid of making a bad play. 

Yeah.  We should've just dumped Ryan and (insert brilliant layman-fan dipsh*t draft/free agent signing/trade here)

Everybody always knows what everybody else should do, but they never say it beforehand...do they?

:rolleyes: