Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcon You

I'm sorry, but the issue is Matt Ryan

82 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I wonder how many more performances like this it would take before people do start blaming Ryan, especially if Knapp does get bumped up to OC.

15 maybe? lol. I mean, he's always struggled in the redzone. Regardless of OC. And still has happy feet in year 11..Not to mention, still Taking stupid sacks, after the SB debacle..Hes a vet, not a rookie.And I didnt even mention those ducks he threw to Julio. That was pathetic..I like him but, man hes frustrating to watch sometimes..

Edited by zekeyboy1

6 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Thank you. I barely slept last night because I was so pissed about how Matt played this game. Log onto these boards and I'm shocked to see more threads blaming Sark than him. Sark isn't Shanahan but he did enough for us to win yesterday. Matt was the issue.

He throws a bad pass to an open Freeman in the end zone on the opening drive, and on the second drive forces the ball to Hooper when he had Freeman open on the other side. If he makes those throws, it’s 14pts.

The officials made a horrible call with the Julio non-catch but if Matt throws a better ball, Julio walks that in for a TD. And then that INT throw... just gross.

Sark called a fine game, the offense was moving down the field for most of the game, despite the tough Philly defense. Most of the motions and screens were an attempt to slow their defensive line down, as they were having their way with our O Line in that second half.

Matt has a bad habit of playing jittery in big games. Even Geoff Schwartz mentioned it on Twitter. We did a lot to lose yesterday but most of the blame falls on him.

Bingo!  Great points.  Ryan's passes all looked weak and off target.  That bomb to Julio was under thrown and off target by 5 yards.  That would have been a TD if he threw it harder and straight.  Maybe easier said than done, but i don't get $30 mil a year either.

Just now, zekeyboy1 said:

16? lol. I mean, he's always struggled in the redzone. Regardless of OC. And still has happy feet in year 11..I like him but, man hes frustrating to watch sometimes..

The happy feet made me throw my beer at the TV.  Didn't want to waste the beer, so I headbutted it instead.

FalconinPA and Falcon You like this

24 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I wonder how many more performances like this it would take before people do start blaming Ryan, especially if Knapp does get bumped up to OC.

Never going to happen with a lot of people on this board. Ryan can do no wrong. You can tell the ones right after Ryan has a bad game, they immediately put up posts that it's not Ryan's fault, or Ryan is not to blame for this loss. I just hope Ryan can get back to that MVP mode.

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Never going to happen with a lot of people on this board. Ryan can do no wrong. You can tell the ones right after Ryan has a bad game, they immediately put up posts that it's not Ryan's fault, or Ryan is not to blame for this loss. I just hope Ryan can get back to that MVP mode.

The clock is ticking!  I will get harder and harder to defend games like this, but some fans will try, by hook or by crook.

Falcon You likes this

Ryan is tough as nails and has turned this franchise around after Vick destroyed it.  I give him credit, but at this point in his career he is playing like a rookie or 2nd year player.  Not sure why he doesn't roll out sometimes when the pocket is collapsing.  Not sure why he doesn't either throw the ball to someone or throw it out of bounds more often.  He is just sitting there waiting to get sacked.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

1 minute ago, Falcon You said:

Ryan is tough as nails and has turned this franchise around after Vick destroyed it.  I give him credit, but at this point in his career he is playing like a rookie or 2nd year player.  Not sure why he doesn't roll out sometimes when the pocket is collapsing.  Not sure why he doesn't either throw the ball to someone or throw it out of bounds more often.  He is just sitting there waiting to get sacked.

His biggest contribution outside of gameplay was not getting into trouble, but now his gameplay is getting us in trouble.

Falcon You and zekeyboy1 like this

3 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

MVP mode will never happen either imo..That was an anomoly..Prove me wrong Matt...........We're praying for you...........

Dog_Praying.jpg

11=team and Stray Dog THA GAWD like this

1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

MVP mode will never happen either imo..That was an anomoly..Prove me wrong Matt...........We're praying for you...........

Dog_Praying.jpg

I agree.  Shanny held his hand that entire season.  I could have had a good year under Shanny that season.  Shanny is a superior offensive coach and the 49ers will be contenders very soon, if not already.

10 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I agree.  Shanny held his hand that entire season.  I could have had a good year under Shanny that season.  Shanny is a superior offensive coach and the 49ers will be contenders very soon, if not already.

Well look at the Ryan hate BS.  Held his hand?  I wish the receivers could had held the ball last year and many more last night.  Yes, Matt played a horrible game but he didn't get much help from his line and receivers not getting open. 

coastiemike likes this

Nope. After looking at the video. The issue is the oline. Matt had no time to go through is progressions. They was in his face so much and sack him alot. He had to do one read passes. There was ridley,sanu and hooper running wide open on alot of plays.

The guard positions are the weekness. They need to be upgraded.

I fault shark for not running to ball up the middle more with trap plays.

Edited by RazorWing

23 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Same here. Last night's game for Ryan was a rare stinker for him.

It was evident he needed more in-game reps during the pre-season, but as like in the past, he'll get it going. Hopefully sooner than later.

FalconinPA likes this

Ryan has one bad game and he is the problem.:rolleyes:

Dude was on point almost all last season; when receivers were Garbo.

Last night we had no rushing offense to support our passing game and they kept coming after Matt. Foles had far more time.

I did like our run D overall. Just us to keep them fresh when our own TOP is skewed by throwing so much.

coastiemike likes this

42 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Thank you. I barely slept last night because I was so pissed about how Matt played this game. Log onto these boards and I'm shocked to see more threads blaming Sark than him. Sark isn't Shanahan but he did enough for us to win yesterday. Matt was the issue.

He throws a bad pass to an open Freeman in the end zone on the opening drive, and on the second drive forces the ball to Hooper when he had Freeman open on the other side. If he makes those throws, it’s 14pts.

The officials made a horrible call with the Julio non-catch but if Matt throws a better ball, Julio walks that in for a TD. And then that INT throw... just gross.

Sark called a fine game, the offense was moving down the field for most of the game, despite the tough Philly defense. Most of the motions and screens were an attempt to slow their defensive line down, as they were having their way with our O Line in that second half.

Matt has a bad habit of playing jittery in big games. Even Geoff Schwartz mentioned it on Twitter. We did a lot to lose yesterday but most of the blame falls on him.

EDIT: And let me not forget throwing uncatchable balls five times in a row to end the game, taking sacks late instead of throwing the ball away, that horrible intentional grounding, that terrible deep ball to Julio, and missing a wide open Coleman on the last play. It blows my mind that people could watch that game yesterday and come out putting more of the blame on Sark than Matt.

Sark is still clueless. I Ryan pretty much defended him in the post game interview. They were asking why wasn't Julio on the field. I said it last night. On the 4th down play, no WRs were on the field. We were in more of a goaline offense. Two TEs, both were blocking. We did nothing to confuse the defense. The play was basically a run all the way. Some blame Ortiz, but there is a chance that he misses a block. We should have changed things up. You don't take your bullets out of your gun if you plan to use it.

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ryan has one bad game and he is the problem.:rolleyes:

Dude was on point almost all last season; when receivers were Garbo.

Last night we had no rushing offense to support our passing game and they kept coming after Matt. Foles had far more time.

I did like our run D overall. Just us to keep them fresh when our own TOP is skewed by throwing so much.

Yeah, we got hardly any rush, just a spot here and there.

Everytime Matt took a snap, his line was on roller skates. They never stopped moving backwards. When Matt tried to escape, he would be getting pressured by 2 or 3 people from different directions. You put anyone behind that line, even Brady, Brees, Or Rodgers, they would have happy feet too. You got to give your QB a chance, give him an escape, make adjustments, and actually counter what they are doing.

coastiemike and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

Yeah, we got hardly any rush, just a spot here and there.

Everytime Matt took a snap, his line was on roller skates. They never stopped moving backwards. When Matt tried to escape, he would be getting pressured by 2 or 3 people from different directions. You put anyone behind that line, even Brady, Brees, Or Rodgers, they would have happy feet too. You got to give your QB a chance, give him an escape, make adjustments, and actually counter what they are doing.

Matt had a couple of awareness problems related to pressure but it was mostly our pass blocking.

Two fold problem: They don’t have to respect rush lanes when we aren’t succeeding. This leads to more consistent pressure. And we were facing an elite DL.

coastiemike likes this

2 hours ago, Statick said:

Same here. Last night's game for Ryan was a rare stinker for him.

It was evident he needed more in-game reps during the pre-season, but as like in the past, he'll get it going. Hopefully sooner than later.

I like this

5 hours ago, tactician said:

Maybe Ryan and Sark are just not a good match. Sometime coordinators do not fit certain QBs and vice versa.

Matt Ryan has things he is great at and things he is terrible at.

GREAT: Throwing timing routes where he throws before receiver cuts.  Great anticipation thrower - best in NFL

TERRIBLE:  Hate throwing in tight windows where he has to fit a ball in - this relates directly to red zone.

GREAT: Twenty yard throws - zips it well and beautiful thrower.

TERRIBLE:  bombs, 40+ yards.  Now he has in past completed a lot of these but generally throws them where receiver has to come back or jump ball.

If you want to blame someone,, Blame Sark! Ryan is just doing what they tell him to do.. I'm a little afraid this O# they are running right now is a little to vanilla !! Grammer school if you will!!  It's like we went backward instead of improving.. Sure hope they prove me wrong.