Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmo_dlo

What this team needs is ...

17 posts in this topic

1- A psychologist or mental performance coach to help the team with confidence, focus, and past losses. Quinn acts like he covers that, but he doesn't.

2- More discipline and less brotherhood lip service.

2 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

1- A psychologist or mental performance coach to help the team with confidence, focus, and past losses. Quinn acts like he covers that, but he doesn't.

2- More discipline and less brotherhood lip service.

Better OL would help

5 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Better OL would help

Definitely this ^^   plus Red Zone failure should not be an ongoing issue and I still say Ryan is overrated. When he had some clean shots he still lacks what his salary commands. We will have a good season but not SB quality team yet.

8 minutes ago, Drbob said:

A offensive coordinator who knows what he's doing would be a good place to start and a offense that has some drive and a heart to win. 

That C-factor seemed to be totally missing.

An offensive game plan that is more than: force the ball to Julio.

Freeman to go North and South.

Learn how to set up and execute a screen pass. We did it in 2016.

A redzone plan that includes passes thrown to receivers and not out of bounds.

QB cannot pat the ball until the pocket collapses. So design a play where it has to come right out, force him to let it go by design.

falconut1991 likes this

This team needs a redzone offense. Maybe bring in an assistant OC coach whose sole focus is drawing up redzone plays and nothing else.

I cringe and squirm every time we were in the redzone last night. It was depressing.

That one is on you Dan Quinn.

You stood by Sark.  Time to cut bait amigo.  We Will never be as good as Philly or New England, or maybe even San Francisco with Sark at the Offensive Helm!

Fire Sark!

Knee Jerk Reaction after ONE game?

NO!

His body of work is substandard.

Be bold.Change direction. 

We are going the WRONG way!

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

That one is on you Dan Quinn.

You stood by Sark.  Time to cut bait amigo.  We Will never be as good as Philly or New England, or maybe even San Francisco with Sark at the Offensive Helm!

Fire Sark!

Knee Jerk Reaction after ONE game?

NO!

His body of work is substandard.

Be bold.Change direction. 

We are going the WRONG way!

I agreed, I've seen enough.  Let's do something before it's too late.

I don't think the playcalls were bad.  They just weren't executed successfully enough.

Everyone wants a one liner explanation but the truth is a football team is complicated and we had a lot of different shortcomings last night that just added up to a narrow loss to the world champs.  Matt Ryan was inaccurate.  He was also hurried and rattled by the pass rush bacause our Oline struggled against their great Dline.  We had open guys but Matt didn't throw to them, because he was rushed and because he does not have confidence in them.  Our number 3 receiver has never caught a real NFL pass and had a major case of the drops the last time he took the field.  Julio dropped a 56 yard bomb (yes, should've been complete but he still dropped it) and the team committed 15 penalites.  I mean, there is plenty of blame to go around and I don't think this boils down to playcalling.  But it's also a close loss to the world champs in their stadium.