Screencaps of the Final Drive

2nd down - Julio into Double coverage. Complete lack of creativity used to get the other 3 guys open.

3rd down - Matt hit immediately. Tried going to either Sanu or Ridley but neither were open at the top of the screen. Note they both ran the same routes into the same coverage.

1st 4th down - Sanu and Ridley in the exact same routes YET AGAIN and not open - Throw to Hooper in Double coverage, Julio was doubled also.

2nd 4th down - Ridley w/ the illegal pick to spring Teco open. Definitely wouldnt have gone uncalled if Matt hit Coleman for the TD. Sanu and Hooper double covered.

Dont know how you can look at these and say that our  play design for our redzone passing game inst a problem. You can clearly see there really wasn't anywhere to go w/ the ball on any of these plays.

2nd.JPG

3rd down.JPG

4th 1.JPG

Edited by RubberDucky
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The big thing I take from tonight is we need to be more balanced.

Ryan throwing the ball 45 times or whatever it was is not good for us.

We have to get creative in how we run the football.

The Eagles DEs shut down the stretch run tonight in which Fusco and Schraeder really struggled getting that right edge blocked.

I think I saw 1 inside zone run with Free who went for 8 yards.We weren't smart enough the Eagles front were really working there way down the line to shut down the edge and there DTs cleaned up the cut back.

We needed to show outside stretch but run it inside like we did against the Rams last year in that playoff game.

We really need to try and not sell out running the footy.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

The Eagles DEs shut down the stretch run tonight in which Fusco and Schraeder really struggled getting that right edge blocked.

I think I saw 1 inside zone run with Free who went for 8 yards.We weren't smart enough the Eagles front were really working there way down the line to shut down the edge and there DTs cleaned up the cut back.

We needed to show outside stretch but run it inside like we did against the Rams last year in that playoff game.

Agree completely. It seemed like once Philly started setting the edge and not allowing the RB's to bounce outside we abandoned the run game. It sometimes feels like Sark doesnt know you can run it between the tackles.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The zone blocking scheme sucks. Only team it ever worked for was the 97 & 98 Broncos

2 minutes ago, NUPE said:

The zone blocking scheme sucks. Only team it ever worked for was the 97 & 98 Broncos

No it doesn't it worked for us in 2016 how does it suck.

You got 1 of the better RB tandems that can absoluteY kill with it.

All it comes down to is better execution.

Also don't forget the Eagles are one of the better d-lines in the league to.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

No it doesn't it worked for us in 2016 how does it suck.

You got me of the better RB tandems that can absoluteY kill with it.

All it comes down to is better execution.

Also don't forget the Eagles are one of the better d-lines in the league to.

We made it to the Super Bowl because we faced 2 very injured Seahawks & packer teams in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Agree completely. It seemed like once Philly started setting the edge and not allowing the RB's to bounce outside we abandoned the run game. It sometimes feels like Sark doesnt know you can run it between the tackles.

He knows it because he used inside zone against the Rams in that playoff win last year why he didn't use it today he knows.

Just now, NUPE said:

We made it to the Super Bowl because we faced 2 very injured Seahawks & packer teams in the playoffs

Rubbish we made it too the SB because we decimated both of those teams.They could have been at full strength but there weren't beating us that year regardless.

Injuries you reckon how many rookies did we have playing on our defense that year.

19 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

2nd down - Julio into Double coverage. Complete lack of creativity used to get the other 3 guys open.

3rd down - Matt hit immediately. Tried going to either Sanu or Ridley but neither were open at the top of the screen. Note they both ran the same routes into the same coverage.

1st 4th down - Sanu and Ridley in the exact same routes YET AGAIN and not open - Throw to Hooper in Double coverage, Julio was doubled also.

2nd 4th down - Ridley w/ the illegal pick to spring Teco open. Definitely wouldnt have gone uncalled if Matt hit Coleman for the TD. Sanu and Hooper double covered.

Dont know how you can look at these and say that our  play design for our redzone passing game inst a problem. You can clearly see there really wasn't anywhere to go w/ the ball on any of these plays.

2nd.JPG

3rd down.JPG

4th 1.JPG

The Falcons break into hives whenever they get close to the end zone

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Rubbish we made it too the SB because we decimated both of those teams.They could have been at full strength but there weren't beating us that year regardless.

Injuries you reckon how many rookies did we have playing on our defense that year.

I disagree. Rookies played well against back ups

Number one PHILLY has a good defense.

Number two we didn’t run the ball well and it put everything on Matt; who had a much worse game then the playoffs.

Number three we seem to use more of the longer developing routes inside the 10 when our pass protection wasn’t reliable for that versus their exceptional defensive line.

Number four it’s the first week of a new season and we were on the road at the defending champions.

We left seven points out there from the first Drive, the missed extra point, and the INT that wiped out a chance for at least another three. Despite all the negative we could have won the game if we just did those three things.

Don’t even mention their first touchdown after our drive ended due to the Julio no catch. And of course Alford missed an easy INT himself.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

We simply abandoned the run game. Freeman averaged 6 yards per carry but didn’t have hardly any touches. 

While you do have to take Philly's elite defense into consideration, I put a lot of this on Sark. You can't be as unbalanced as Atlanta was last night. Kudos to Philly for shutting down those stretch plays. They knew it was coming and was prepared. Even so, the lack of run game put a lot on Ryan. Freeman, while he was banged up at the end, had a good average. The running game wasn't being completely shut down. Sark needs to figure that out moving forward. Stretching to that edge is something that can be improved. The offensive line is good enough.

What I can't forgive on Sark's end is the ending. Kurt Warner nailed it on Twitter. Philly was running the same zone defense every time. A simple seven across. It blows my mind that Sark and Ryan didn't attack that. Why didn't Atlanta overload the zone at a certain spot? You ran the same routes forcing the same passes. No creativity. And LOL at Ryan throwing the ball away on fourth-and-goal. He was lucky to get the illegal contact penalty. Even if you're going to just chuck it up to SOMEONE, why would you just throw it away in a do-or-die scenario? Unbelievable.

Matt's arm also does not look as sharp as it has in the past. A lot of people are talking about it, and I tend to agree. He's never had a Stafford arm, but his passes don't look as sharp or crisp as they have in the past. I don't put the game on him, especially having to pass it 45 times against that defense, but there are times where I wish he would just tell Sark to eat crap and let him take control.

Edited by NoMoreVick
2 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

We simply abandoned the run game. Freeman averaged 6 yards per carry but didn’t have hardly any touches. 

One carry was for 20.   That was on the first drive. So you’re talking like 3 yards a carry after that. He was garbage rest of the way.  The run game just wasn’t there but we probably should have tried a couple more. That doesn’t absolve Matt of a poor game though. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

One carry was for 20.   That was on the first drive. So you’re talking like 3 yards a carry after that. He was garbage rest of the way.  The run game just wasn’t there but we probably should have tried a couple more. That doesn’t absolve Matt of a poor game though. 

Something has felt off about Matt the past few games I’ve seen from him. Not sure what his deal is. He doesn’t look like an MVP though. In 2016 we had guys getting wide open. That doesn’t seem to be happening the past couple years and I don’t see him making the tough throws like an elite QB should. He is just awful in the red zone. 

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Haha yeah thatcwas definitely a homer post lol. They were crushing free. And hes hurt again? Already. He got killed pass blocking as well.

1 hour ago, FalconsFanSC said:

perfect pick at top of screen to free up somebody but Ryan is locked on Julio.

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

2nd fourth

4th 2.JPG

The thing that gets me about this play is look how closely packed together Sanu and Julio are so naturally the field is crowded along with the natural defender of the sideline. Way too much traffic to fit a ball in there - hence poor play design.