Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atl Falcon

This one’s on Matt

14 posts in this topic

I’m a MR2 fan and realize all his accolades. But honestly - this this one’s on Matt. Just  think about it - how good would he be without all the weapons. What would TB  BR AR JG DB RW CC  MS even Flacco Dalton TT DW MM AL DC CK TM do with all these weapons. With that said I know Sark called  - well maybe a bad game but he can’t throw the ball and make the reads for Matt. Flame .....oh and BTW our OL is pretty good. Just saying...

Foreverafalcon likes this

1 minute ago, shanep said:

Right,that 50  yard bomb he dropped right in Jewelry Jones slippery hands was a horrible pass.and the 1touchdown in the last 21 red zone passes to Jewerly was all on matt

Matt Ryan looked terrible this game, you can't really argue that.

sanfranfalcon likes this

I think people usually overreact and blame Matt, but this time he was not sharp and was not finding the open man.  He was pretty locked on Julio.  

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

So Matt dropped those 8-9 passes himself?

No but he threw a boneheaded INT, was zoned in on Julio and Hooper on two plays in the red zone when others were open, took some bad sacks, had a bad intentional grounding, and was off on some throws.

IamFRESCO1 likes this

1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

No but he threw a boneheaded INT, was zoned in on Julio and Hooper on two plays in the red zone when others were open, took some bad sacks, had a bad intentional grounding, and was off on some throws.

Julio rounded off that route and left Ryan out to dry. You can’t do that in the redzone. CBs are staying underneath since the back of the endzone in an extra defender basically

This is dumb,

Nick Foles had 15 seconds to analyze the defense and then throw it on every play. 

Matt had two or three guys in his face within seconds of snapping the ball. He did the best he could with constant hands in his face, linemen getting backed up, and running backs getting bulldozed. 

Sure he missed a couple, but honestly Im more worried about our Oline getting tossed around like ragdolls and not being able to run block at all.

IamFRESCO1 and wartownfalcon like this

Most the sacks were because of pressure up front and coverage. That Hooper play was illegal contact since it happened when the ball was in the air. The defender accidentally ran into Hooper otherwise Hooper has an easy TD there

Okay so Matt’s get a pass?? Not to blame?  I don’t see it... happened but what would TB AR DR  BR others do in this situation? Honestly???

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Okay so Matt’s get a pass?? Not to blame?  I don’t see it... happened but what would TB AR DR  BR others do in this situation? Honestly???

AR would have been ducking through that gaping hole on the right side every time Long went around behind him. 

Matt did look like garbage tonight. Hey I love MR, but tonight wasn't his best showing. He couldn't seem to see past the green jerseys at the LOS.

But it wasn't just MR. No draw plays. That WR screen which was a disaster all night. Almost nothing to the RBs. For all the talk about getting them more involved in the passing game.... yeah right. And more play action. Didn't see any of that.

I thought our D could have come on a little stronger too, but they have no conditioning. They were done when the 4th quarter started. 

And still, we gave Philly all they could handle. If the injuries aren't lingering issues, we still got a very good team. We aren't going away or letting anyone have an easy one this year.

The O will come around. More no huddle would probably help.

I think though we are lacking some beef along the DL.

It's game one, and if I recall, all our game 1s are pretty crumby.

Atl Falcon likes this

Eagles had Ryan shook all game. Dude did not look like a franchise QB out there tonight. Granted, his O LIne (and Freeman in pass protection - sound familiar?) did him ZERO favors, but he was missing wide open guys and was off-target all game.