Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

It’s Hard To Pin This On Matt

64 posts in this topic

Realistically, there was nobody else open.   As much as Boy Wonder can go play in traffic, I must say he was great at scheming receivers open.  The screen to Coleman was the only creative play I saw, and even that was moderately sniffed out.  O Line still looks overmatched, and our OC still looks like a deer in headlights.  There were no positives to take away from this game offensively.  

It’s clearly both Sark and Matt together who wet the bed in this game. Until we right the ship with our run game, our offense will look terrible. The run game opens everything else up for us. This is something Shanahan and Mularkey understood.

P.S. I should say this though. Sark created enough opportunities. Matt has to play better. He’s looking more like he did with Dirk Koetter than Shanahan.

Edited by Eazy123

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Realistically, there was nobody else open.  

Yet two plays before Sanu beat his man on and inside move and Matt threw it to Julio double covered.

And on an earlier possession Free was wide open in the flat and he throws to Hooper with a man draped all over him.

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yet two plays before Sanu beat his man on and inside move and Matt threw it to Julio double covered.

And on an earlier possession Free was wide open in the flat and he throws to Hooper with a man draped all over him.

Pressure in his face all day.  If he gets sacked on that last possession then time runs off the clock.

Saubert dropped a catchable pass for a first down.  

Julio dropped a catchable pass for a first down. 

Sanu was silent as a mute.

Ridley was nonexistent.

It's funny. When Julio is open, Ryan is looking elsewhere. When Julio is double teamed he's tunnel visioned on Julio. Sark was probably asked, if you could do over the sequence to end the NFC Divisional game last season, what else would you do differently? Well, it didn't work again.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
red falcon, mar31985 and ZoneOne01 like this

5 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Pressure in his face all day.  If he gets sacked on that last possession then time runs off the clock.

Ridley was nonexistent.

Every single point you just made is true — save for the point about Sanu; he was getting open — but none of it factored into those missed red zone opportunities.

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Honestly believe Ryan would be better off calling the plays from the los.. Couldn't be any worse 

I would've like to see Ryan lined up at WR and Sanu behind center in shotgun, at least show something. Try a pick play. These long developing plays just don't work against the Eagles in the red zone.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
Porkins likes this

True Matt didnt have his best game.

However look at the offense under Shanahan. It was an attacking offense getting everyone involved from tight ends to full backs. It had a rhythm we had long drives and a plan to get the ball into the endzone.

rogueleadersf likes this

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Ridley was nonexistent.

Yeah Saubert isn't ready for the big leagues. Penalties. Dropped passes. Can't block. Philly was way too much of a task for him. Back to the PS young man.

As I’ve said in other threads, there is plenty of blame to go around. Matt deserves some, offensive line was whipped, defense couldn’t force a fg late, and special teams continue to be a joke.

Doctor Kildare likes this

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Realistically, there was nobody else open.   As much as Boy Wonder can go play in traffic, I must say he was great at scheming receivers open.  The screen to Coleman was the only creative play I saw, and even that was moderately sniffed out.  O Line still looks overmatched, and our OC still looks like a deer in headlights.  There were no positives to take away from this game offensively.  

One thing I didn't like about MR2 tonight was sme of his ball placement and some of his decisions left me scratching my head.

It wasn't one of Ryan's best nights.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

On the replay of the pass to Free in the and zone Free was open. Matt just flat out overthrew the ball. 

I posted this in a couple of other threads, but heard on NFL Network that in the last two years including playoffs Ryan is 1 for 20 throwing to Julio in the end zone. Crazy. Not to mention, what pro QB throws the ball out of the end zone where it can't be caught on 4th down? Totally overlooked because we got another play from the penalty. 

DogIsYourName likes this

Ryan seemed really off tonight. It has me worried that he may have hit the proverbial wall and is declining. I won't say that's for sure what's going on. I will need to see how he bounces back from this. 

Ryan seemed off from the start.

First drive, they're moving the ball down the field before getting stopped at the 1 on 3rd down. Most QBs would be trying to keep the offense on the field & pleading w/ the coaches to go for it in that situation...

... but tonight, Matt was already heading to the sidelines, willingly conceding & settling for the FG.

He had no fire tonight & it showed.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Every single point you just made is true — save for the point about Sanu; he was getting open — but none of it factored into those missed red zone opportunities.

I feel like MR2 in the RZ waits and holds the ball to long,weather routes take to long to develop but for me Ryan is much better when he gets the ball out quick.I think we need more quick hitting stuff in the red zone.

But tonight's our inability to consistently pound the rock cost us in my eyes.

7 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Honestly believe Ryan would be better off calling the plays from the los.. Couldn't be any worse 

Matt would disagree. 

47 minutes ago, atljbo said:

It seem like everything is hard work ... Sark never create easy plays for the offense..

We used to routinely see wide open receivers and backs...even in 2015. Now every pass has to be pinpoint.

rogueleadersf likes this