Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Takeaways from this game.

67 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And they lost the game by 6. Those 7 points and it's a 19-18 Falcons win.

I agree but they've had a problem leaving points out there for a while now. These self inflicted wounds have been going on since our SB loss.

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I agree but they've had a problem leaving points out there for a while now. These self inflicted wounds have been going on since our SB loss.

Sadly.

Besides the obvious gorilla in the room, (Sarkasim), no mention of the other that's just an accident waiting to happen... K Armstrong & the NOT so Special Teams, I know... new long snapper, but even with regular guy, near Blocked Punts/FG's & Penalties on every ST play...but when? Do some of these coaches get evaluated????

14 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I just can’t see this offense being that stagnant all year.

We all said that last year too and here we are.

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's the thing, it's 1 game. Was it a ****** game? Yes. But it's 1 game in Philadelphia. Even the great Kyle Shanahan 2016 Falcons offense scored only 15 points and lost there. The Falcons just have to find a way to avoid playing at Philly in the playoffs. We'll be fine.

Playoffs.jpg

After what we saw in a "real game" we need to slow the hype train down to a sedate one-game-at-a-time speed before it careens off the Fail Cliff and explodes from unattainable expectations.

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Playoffs.jpg

After what we saw in a "real game" we need to slow the hype train down to a sedate one-game-at-a-time speed before it careens off the Fail Cliff and explodes from unattainable expectations.

If I recall in 2016 the Falcons lost at home against the Bucs in the season opener. Last year the Falcons were 4-3 and had suffered back-to-back home losses against the Bills and Dolphins and everyone said the same thing.

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If I recall in 2016 the Falcons lost at home against the Bucs in the season opener. Last year the Falcons were 4-3 and had suffered back-to-back home losses against the Bills and Dolphins and everyone said the same thing.

Yes, exactly. And if I remember correctly, I was just as enraged and frothing at the keyboard then. So I'm just trying to do my humble part to keep everything the same so we'll get the same result this year. :tiphat:

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes, exactly. And if I remember correctly, I was just as enraged and frothing at the keyboard then. So I'm just trying to do my humble part to keep everything the same so we'll get the same result this year. :tiphat:

wwgpt.jpg

PokerSteve likes this

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Go back to the 3rd down play at the end. Julio draws the double coverage and Sanu beats his man to the inside and there was a clear path to get him the ball. Even Cris Collinsworth pointed it out Sanu was open but Ryan was trying to force it to Julio. I can't post the screenshot. Post it in this thread, frame by frame from the sky cam replay they showed and you'll see Sanu breaking open right as Ryan releases the ball.

Ryan got hit immediately. He wouldn't have been able to hit Sanu. In fact it looks like that's where he tried to go,  but the ball come out a duck because of the hit. 

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Ryan got hit immediately. He wouldn't have been able to hit Sanu. In fact it looks like that's where he tried to go,  but the ball come out a duck because of the hit. 

It was the 2nd down play, not 3rd. It's one of the ones that PMF posted in his thread.

32 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It was the 2nd down play, not 3rd. It's one of the ones that PMF posted in his thread.

I made a thread with screen caps of that whole series of downs. 

Watched every play multiple times and never Sanu break open. In fact our play design had Sanu and Ridley running the exact same routes to the same spots against the same coverage 3 times in a row.  I honestly feel Matt never had a chance to complete a pass with the plays that were called. 

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

I made a thread with screen caps of the whole drive.  

Watched every play multiple times and never Sanu break open. In fact our play design had Sanu and Ridley running the exact same routes to the same spots against the same coverage 3 times in a row.  I honestly feel Matt never had a chance to complete a pass with the plays that were called. 

I'm done arguing with you about it. It's not worth my time to continue to point out something that you clearly can't see.

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm done arguing with you about it. It's not worth my time to continue to point out something that you clearly can't see.

Not even trying to argue, just trying to have a discussion, but now you want to act like a jerk. My evidence is there. I presented it. You can't even make up your mind about what down you're talking about. 

8 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

And this one could have been the game winner.

Schwartz decided if they were going to die, Julio wasn't gonna be the triggerman.  Goes to a kind of deuce bracket on the 10.  You can see the inside-out double coverage they had on Julio.  They didn't even try to disguise.  I saw this from my couch and I was ready to raise my arms because it's one on one everywhere else.

IMG_3947

Here we go.  Sanu sets his man up by stemming his route outside.

IMG_3948

Sanu has his man stacked, he's about to step on his toes and cross his face.  Yet Matt is locked in on Julio who is doubled from the start.

IMG_3949

For some reason, Sanu doesn't even get a look.  Had his man set up and beat.  That ball just now coming out to Julio in double coverage should have just now been coming out to Sanu who is beating his man across his face with nothing but space in the end zone to work.

IMG_3950

giphy.gif

So because I couldn't remember if it was 2nd or 3rd down (and had misremembered which down it was) I don't know what I'm talking about? The play is in PMF's thread. It's clear as day that Sanu was going to be open. It's a throw Ryan has made thousands of times in his career.