Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JG2008

So we give Matt Ryan his new deal and $30 million a year and.....he’s not performing

58 posts in this topic

So we give Matt Ryan his new deal and $30 million a year and.....he’s not performing 

Is it REALLY —Sark’s fault? The OLines fault?

I realize that was the going rate if we expected to keep him but he does not look like a $30M a year QB

Matt Ryan: The NFL's Highest Paid QB (For Now) Matt Ryan agreed to a historic dealwith the Falcons on Thursday. The five-year contract extension makes him the first player to secure $30 million per season as well as the first to net $100 million guaranteed at signing.

Ryan's Ball placement has been off on a few throws tonight.

Enough with the 30 mill a season if you don't pay him the team goes backwards it is what it is the market has spoken.

Could be worse you could have paid Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins the money they got for not much at all.

IamFRESCO1 and Smiler11 like this

In today's NFL, teams try to win BEFORE they have to pay the market rate to the QB.  Hence Rams going on spending spree.  Hence Eagles winning.  Hence Seahawks winning before they had to hand out contracts.

Falcons are already in QB contract purgatory.  It's the life cycle of an NFL team.  Draft a decent QB but don't win before his big payday and you don't get to win until that QB retires.

Edited by BLM

In all fairness, everybody on offense looked prettt bad tonight. Defense had a few players that looked bad as well (Riley and Vic). 

8 minutes ago, dfsutton said:

In all fairness, everybody on offense looked prettt bad tonight. Defense had a few players that looked bad as well (Riley and Vic). 

Julio looked fine too me. One question, anybody know any of our other receivers?

slamee101 and CrimsonFalcon like this

17 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

I realize that was the going rate if we expected to keep him but he does not look like a $30M a year QB

Matt Ryan: The NFL's Highest Paid QB (For Now) Matt Ryan agreed to a historic dealwith the Falcons on Thursday. The five-year contract extension makes him the first player to secure $30 million per season as well as the first to net $100 million guaranteed at signing.

1 One is old and he passed his pride

2 hire the God  awful Greg Knapp.

3 we saw what happens when you don't  have  diversity on Defense.

8-8 or 7-9

mqg96 likes this

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Julio looked fine too me. One question, anybody know any of our other receivers?

Except for:

1. the dropped pass on the double move that would have been touchdown ifnhe caught it clean

2. the terrible effort on the route that resulted in an interception inside the 5. 

So yeah, you could argue he took 14 points off the board. That's fine to you?

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

It’s a New Season but unfortunately its the same Matt Ryan run red zone offense that continues to confuse and disappoint old and new fans alike with their inability to make common sense playcalling decisions at crucial junctures in the red zone to win and actually finish games

Matt does well between the 20’s

but when he enters the Red Zone he turns into a different QB

8 hours ago, JG2008 said:

I saw dominoes fall.  Matt looked good early but the line started to falter.  When the line started to fall, Matt got tunnel vision and lastly Sark's play calling did little to stem the relentless pass rush.

me4falcons likes this

I feel like Quinn sacrificed this game in an effort to keep the team healthy in the preseason.  It's too bad to because the game was there for the taking.  He did keep the team pretty healthy, but that seemed to come undone pretty quick.

As far as Matt goes, there were two things that particularly bothered me.  He kept taking sacks in situations where he should have been able to throw the ball away.  That was bad.

Then at the end of the game he kept throwing the ball way out of bounds.  You got to stop worrying about the INTs at that point and keep the ball in bounds and give your guy a chance.  Those throws weren't even close to being playable.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ryan's Ball placement has been off on a few throws tonight.

Enough with the 30 mill a season if you don't pay him the team goes backwards it is what it is the market has spoken.

Could be worse you could have paid Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins the money they got for not much at all.

cant get worse than last night 

one bad game and he is not performing after his new deal? hmmm Ill take stupid takes for 500. Ryan wasnt the only one who looked bad. The o-line didnt protect him, run game was barely there. Julio seems to be the one we throw to last night. That was a catch by Julio. Where was Ridley? We should have took the points at the beginning of the game. Defense played their butts off but sputtered after Neal went down. Sark play calling is still hot trash. So to say Ryan is not performing after one game is crazy. 

RiseUpFalcs and me4falcons like this

8 hours ago, 81KJW said:

lol It's always somebody else fault lol 

Lol. Matt cant do no wrong to alot ppl on AFMB. Every QB has pressure in his face. Smdh. Just say Matt has to play better. PERIOD

On 9/7/2018 at 8:51 AM, Monolith2001 said:

I saw dominoes fall.  Matt looked good early but the line started to falter.  When the line started to fall, Matt got tunnel vision and lastly Sark's play calling did little to stem the relentless pass rush.

That was also a stout DL we went up against.

Matt’s play was shaky. And we still almost won the game.