Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DogIsYourName

Rain delay

61 posts in this topic

What have we come to, that we're calling rain delays over some passing showers when the commentators are still doing their jobs on the field?

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

What have we come to, that we're calling rain delays over some passing showers when the commentators are still doing their jobs on the field?

lawyers - a fan could be struck by lightning

Well this crappy band seems to be doing fine out there.  It's not even raining.

terrible 

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Serious? Is the kickoff delayed or just bs? 

Sounds like the kickoff is delayed.  Philly sucks.  If this is how the NFL is going to do things, then everyone needs a dome.  It looks nice out there.  Crappy band is still playing and literally everyone but the players are still outside in the stands and field.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Sounds like the kickoff is delayed.  Philly sucks.  If this is how the NFL is going to do things, then everyone needs a dome.  It looks nice out there.  Crappy band is still playing and literally everyone but the players are still outside in the stands and field.

OK, outside watching the ribs on the smoker.. Just wondering how much time I actually have to get these babies off 

1 minute ago, nolove4thecrook said:

It's one cell common this time of year for up here keep your pants on people

Agreed.  Instead they're backing up the kickoff by 35 minutes.

Silly. Upset the NFL wants to protect players/refs/fans. Letting the lightening pass and delaying kickoff by 30 minutes is just common sense.

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

We had a problem in the playoffs with the ground being slick. I hope it's not a repeat.

It looks like the cell heading for Philly is weakening at the moment so hopefully not much rain. The storm is still tall so I guess it is the lightning worry.

SpongeDad likes this

At least it is raining now.  I think the teams easily could've completed their warmups but I'm happy to see there is actual inclement weather corresponding to the delay.