AutumnEffect

September 2018 UGA Recruiting Thread

184 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Just someone please tell me Nolan Smith’s not bailing as well.  Saw somewhere someone said he changed his status on Twitter or something.

That bum is the worst in the business.  He’s just trying to get more subscribers or pump up his fan base.

g-dawg likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

UGA just released baseball player Adam Sasser.    It was the right thing to do and he really left them no choice.  Does the punishment fit the crime?  That is a debatable topic but in today's political climate - everyone knows this is unacceptable.  I wish the kid well but he needs to grow up - fast!

What was said I wonder?

If we don't end up with JH in the end, who that we are after would you want?  Keyton and Pickens are the 2 names being mentioned currently.

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

If we don't end up with JH in the end, who that we are after would you want?  Keyton and Pickens are the 2 names being mentioned currently.

Read where some would rather have Pickens. With a few of those thinking he is equal to JH. 

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

well you can certainly understand the attraction to Miami - there is a lot of talent down there - and I aint' talkin' about football. 

Image result for miami dolphins cheerleader swimsuit calendar

We don’t use our pass catching weapons.  Nauta will be a stud joker TE (though he had great size) in the NFL but we can’t get him the ball unless it’s a fumble recovery (missed block by him so he was lucky)

25 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Read where some would rather have Pickens. With a few of those thinking he is equal to JH. 

Uh... Yeah... No. Unequivocally... No.

Not to say he's not a talented receiver, but he is not remotely close to being a JH equal.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

8 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Uh... Yeah... No. Unequivocally... No.

Not to say he's not a talented receiver, but he is not remotely close to being a JH equal.

Rusty said JH is the best he has seen since he has been doing this. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

19 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Just someone please tell me Nolan Smith’s not bailing as well.  Saw somewhere someone said he changed his status on Twitter or something.

I mean at this point I’m hesitant to trot out “he’s all Dawg” about anyone. That was said about Haselwood this whole time. 

But with that being said, I’ve seen absolutely no one credible suggest Nolan is anything but all in with us.

On Haselwood... I am leaning toward thinking that if he doesn’t commit to Miami within the next week or so (he is visiting them this weekend) then he’s going to take it all the way to December and have his big moment to announce his pick and the door will be open. Georgia is still getting an OV with him later btw.

Clay Webb may also be back on campus visiting again this weekend.

fibonaccisquared and 95Dawg like this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

On Haselwood... I am leaning toward thinking that if he doesn’t commit to Miami within the next week or so (he is visiting them this weekend) then he’s going to take it all the way to December and have his big moment to announce his pick and the door will be open. Georgia is still getting an OV with him later btw.

That's the hope at this point. I just dunno though. If his expectation is a metric arse-ton of targets/catches... we're just not going to be that program. He'll have more than sufficient opportunities to make highlight reels and get drafted highly, but I don't see our offensive strategy shifting that significantly. I'm certain our coaches aren't going to just throw up their hands, so if we weren't already giving him the full court press, gotta assume that's happening now and then some.

Just now, fibonaccisquared said:

That's the hope at this point. I just dunno though. If his expectation is a metric arse-ton of targets/catches... we're just not going to be that program. He'll have more than sufficient opportunities to make highlight reels and get drafted highly, but I don't see our offensive strategy shifting that significantly. I'm certain our coaches aren't going to just throw up their hands, so if we weren't already giving him the full court press, gotta assume that's happening now and then some.

From what I understand, his choice to decommit had very little to do with football reasons and a lot to do with the lifestyle at Miami. If we’re gonna lose him then I’d much rather lose him to Miami. They’ve sent several great players our way in recent years and the chances of having to face him are much less there than if he goes to Auburn (guaranteed), Bama or even Oklahoma imo as long as Dabo is at Clemson.

fibonaccisquared, 95Dawg and g-dawg like this

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

f we’re gonna lose him then I’d much rather lose him to Miami. They’ve sent several great players our way in recent years and the chances of having to face him are much less there than if he goes to Auburn (guaranteed), Bama or even Oklahoma imo as long as Dabo is at Clemson.

Agreed.

Let him go. He is a good WR, but Blaylock is a 5* and wants to be here. Maybe Chaney plans on opening the playbook up once better WRs get on campus. Holloman, Bush,Hardeman(if he stays),Blaylock,Jackson will be fine next year. No recruit has the right to dictate what we do as a staff. He can leave and go to Miami or Oklahoma but those programs won't win a Natty.

Edited by lju713
sdogg likes this

19 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Let him go. He is a good WR, but Blaylock is a 5* and wants to be here. Maybe Chaney plans on opening the playbook up once better WRs get on campus. Holloman, Bush,Hardeman(if he stays),Blaylock,Jackson will be fine next year. No recruit has the right to dictate what we do as a staff. He can leave and go to Miami or Oklahoma but those programs won't win a Natty.

I agree that no player should dictate what the staff does. Never. Blaylock, though good, is not the caliber of player that JH is. 

53 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I agree that no player should dictate what the staff does. Never. Blaylock, though good, is not the caliber of player that JH is. 

That's true, but neither was Wimm or Godwin and they were our top 2 that lead us to the NT. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I mean at this point I’m hesitant to trot out “he’s all Dawg” about anyone. That was said about Haselwood this whole time. 

But with that being said, I’ve seen absolutely no one credible suggest Nolan is anything but all in with us.

Clay Webb may also be back on campus visiting again this weekend.

I doubt Kirby/Chaney think too much about offensive style points but seeing Saban open up his offense and UGA's struggles so far - along w/ perhaps some emergence of Fields - if UGA balances out the offense on route trees and maybe what suits Fields' strengths - that might all help us w/ Haselwood.

Like you said, if Haselwood can make it through the weekend w/ no commit - UGA might have a chance to get back in this.  We have "Momma" advantage, we have "home state" advantage, we have "best program" advantage and we have "Justin Fields" advantage - that is a lot of advantages.

sdogg and Carter like this

20 minutes ago, sdogg said:

That's true, but neither was Wynn or Godwin and they were our top 2 that lead us to the NT. 

Unfortunately, we are missing a Wimms on this team. I don't doubt that Blaylock can be solid, but it would be nice to have a guy, that Rusty said is the best wr he has covered, be part of this team.  I like the emergence of Ridley and Holloman, but we will be losing Godwin and possibly Mecole.  

sdogg likes this

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He yelled to put the neighbor in, except he didn't say neighbor and was talking about Fields.

Are you Fuukking serious?  Why didn’t his friends or teammates kick his redneck racist ***.  Should have been kicked off the baseball team by the 4th quarter of Saturday’s game.  

23 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Are you Fuukking serious?  Why didn’t his friends or teammates kick his redneck racist ***.  Should have been kicked off the baseball team by the 4th quarter of Saturday’s game.  

He has already called up Justin and apologized. Which does make up for what he did but at least he owned up to it and try to play it off like he’s just a young drunk kid doing what boys do. (Sorry if I got a little political there) 

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty said JH is the best he has seen since he has been doing this. 

AJ Green said not so fast.