All aboard the Sark train

Dr_truth189

16 minutes ago, athell said:

Agreed.  They moved the ball with ease at times, so there is a plus there.  Week 1 is always tough.  But man our red zone play calling looks like hot garbage.  It needs to be fixed immediately.

If it wasn't for Julio our offense didn't really play well last night, and the Eagles D-line got the best of our running game again like they've always had throughout these last 3 meetings in Philly. In 2016 part of the reason our offense executed much better is because we were creative with a lot more receivers and not just Julio, in fact we won more games that year not forcing the ball to Julio and spreading the ball around. What happened to Freeman and Coleman being used as our receivers more often?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

If it wasn't for Julio our offense didn't really play well last night, and the Eagles D-line got the best of our running game again like they've always had throughout these last 3 meetings in Philly. In 2016 part of the reason our offense executed much better is because we were creative with a lot more receivers and not just Julio, in fact we won more games that year not forcing the ball to Julio and spreading the ball around. What happened to Freeman and Coleman being used as our receivers more often?

If I can sit at home and distinguish our run plays from pass plays, I'm almost positive the eagles defense can too :tiphat:

11 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

That's another puzzling thing I was telling my buddies.  We either dont throw to Julio or throw to him exclusively.  Like, where is the mix like we had in 2016?  Spread the ball around ffs, we don't need to target Julio 20 times a game to win.

12 minutes ago, athell said:

That's another puzzling thing I was telling my buddies.  We either dont throw to Julio or throw to him exclusively.  Like, where is the mix like we had in 2016?  Spread the ball around ffs, we don't need to target Julio 20 times a game to win.

It's been said many times the perfectionist Kyle was.. I'm not saying we should practice plays to his ocd levels.. But kyle wasn't afraid to butt heads with Ryan, but I believe Kyle earned Ryan's respect 

8 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

If the offense isn't up to par by week 5 (No matter the record), I think he's gone. They had no issues moving the ball. But the red zone playcalling is atrocious. If he does go, I hope Dimitroff has final say on the new coordinator.

Actually I hope TD is already making some phone calls this morning.. Just to put the word out we're looking for alternatives 

11 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

If the offense isn't up to par by week 5 (No matter the record), I think he's gone. They had no issues moving the ball. But the red zone playcalling is atrocious. If he does go, I hope Dimitroff has final say on the new coordinator.

Dimitroff?  Why???  The Head Coach should hire his coordinators, NOT the GM!  Besides that, if we wind up showing Sark the door, I think Greg Knapp is the obvious choice for OC....at least, the remainder of the season... 

1 hour ago, k-train said:

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4044153-i-hate-kyle/

It is fascinating how the EXACT same things we are all saying about Sark were being said about Kyle after the first game of the 2016 season.

Fans are fans. We ***** when we lose and sing praises when we win. But don't look for another Top 10 all time offense with Sark at the helm...

Sark didnt lose his 1 on 1 battles last night, the players did, i.e. teco and free both had the same opp from 10 yds out, inside run, hat on a hat left the rb 1 on 1 with McLeod at the goalline, free tries a spin and gets snagged, (loses)...teco walks in with McLeod looking up at him from the ground (win) ....cant blame sark for that....this is bad execution, by many falcons last night.