Are we as fans too selfish?

Steeler Nation is imploding due to the L. Bell holdout much worse than what happened with Julio, who's to blame in your opinion ? Is Bell being Greedy or is Management being careless and disrespectful.  I say a little of both but more so it's the GMs fault.  How can you expect a player to want to risk it all for a third straight year on a franchise tag ? 

Bell has made a lot money playing on the tag, and was offered a huge contract to "risk it all". I don't think any player asking for more than what a team is willing to pay is being "Greedy", moreso as they view it as testing the waters to see if they can get it. The NFL is greedy, and cut throat, so why shouldn't the athletes be the same? Bell has a number in mind, and is determined to get it from whomever will pay it. It's business, and the Steelers know it well.

No, we as fans are not too selfish.  Without us, there is no NFL.

LeVeon Bell can hold out and skip real games.  He might get a better contract but he runs the risk of losing his fans and getting let go or traded to some bottom dweller like the New York Jets.  That's his choice.  Glad it's not happening to our team!

58 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Just imagine if James Conner balls out this season Bell will have no leverage with the Steelers.

To be honest, Bell already doesn't have any leverage because the Steelers are refusing any offers him and his camp throws at them.

The Steelers probably planned to run him into the ground this season and let him walk next offseason.

I just don't see any chance of mending fences at this point.

Fans aren't selfish. We're entitled to our opinion. But suggesting that Bell, after averaging 22, 17, 23, 28 and 27 touches per game in each season (25 average) in his career is doing what he feels he needs to do and to that, I say God bless the man. If I was him, I'd hold out until I had to come back because he's drastically outplayed his contracts to date (drug suspensions, notwithstanding) and I believe he deserves to get paid for what he's done. We saw what happened year-over-year to Turner. Pittsburgh is going to run him into the ground and dump him when he experiences the same drop off. It's a business and runningbacks get screwed in the League, so I hope he gets paid. 

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Fans will be fans. Those teammates coming out, That's some punk ish.

I don't think it's punk-ish at all.  The guy probably makes 65% of what Bell makes and comes to camp and does his job and doesn't complain about what he makes. The teammates that are calling Bell out are trying to be team players and prepare for the season while Bell, who would make a pretty good salary this season on the franchise tag,  sits at home and becomes vilified for being greedy. 

So,  are we,  as fans,  too selfish?  Not by a long shot.  If anything we're jealous. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I don't think it's punk-ish at all.  The guy probably makes 65% of what Bell makes and comes to camp and does his job and doesn't complain about what he makes. The teammates that are calling Bell out are trying to be team players and prepare for the season while Bell, who would make a pretty good salary this season on the franchise tag,  sits at home and becomes vilified for being greedy. 

So,  are we,  as fans,  too selfish?  Not by a long shot.  If anything we're jealous. 

Fans will be fan. Not understanding the business aspect of professional sports is one of our problems as fans. A player talking about another player's pockets is a punk move. 

As an ATL sports fan I just want ONE of our teams to have a dominate season and bull doze the competition and win a championship.

Only happened once in Atl in the 50+ years we have had pro sports teams.

I don't think that is selfish, 150 + Pro sports seasons and only 1 championship, even blind luck has better odds than that.

But honestly I pretty much don't expect it anymore 28-3 broke me as an ATL sports fan since the late 70's I'm not sure how much I'd even care at this point if we won a SB.

I’m selfish because I have him on my fantasy team and I want him out there. Luckily I picked up his backup so I’ll roll with him. 

As far as mgmt goes they are perfectly within their right to franchise him per the CBA and Bell is perfectly within his right to hold out until week 11. Thing is though he’ll never get that movey back. It’s a tough decision.