How do you feel about tomorrow night's game against the Eagles?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how I feel about it, yet.  I was hoping for a little more from the offense this preseason, to make me feel more comfortable about the season.  The defense tends to start slow & even though the Eagles tend to start a little slow too, they also seem to do doughboy win their ugly games. I pumped for the game, just not sure what we'll get from the offense.  Just hoping it's a better game plan than last year. 

The Eagles are without there best WR, and there #4 WR.  Expect to see lot's of two TE sets on there part.  The are gonna try and run the ball down our throat.  It's imperative our OF scores ponts (TD's)  So the Eagles will be forced to pass.  Good luck with that on our secondary, without your #1 WR, and #1 QB.

Falcons 24- Eagles 13

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

In the immortal words of the great James Brown...”I feel good”. If we lose tho I wouldn’t be upset. We started the 2016 season 0-1. AT HOME! A road loss to the SB champs wouldn’t hurt me as long as we made it as competitive as the playoff game against them. In other words if we lose but had opportunities to win and fell short in ok. If we stink it up I’m concerned. 

My feelings to a "T". No shame losing to the world champs on their home field. But if we look sloppy, have stupid penalties and settle for FG's in the Red Zone, etc. I ain't gonna be a happy camper.

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

My feelings to a "T". No shame losing to the world champs on their home field. But if we look sloppy, have stupid penalties and settle for FG's in the Red Zone, etc. I ain't gonna be a happy camper.

That's what I'm worried about is sloppy play.  I think it's important to get off to a good start to set the tone for the season.  The back end of our schedule is mostly on the road so we have to get off to a good start.  

10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yea, losing against the defending world champs in their house isn't that big of deal in the long run, unless we just completely crap the bed and pull a "Falcon"...then I might call for a revolution!

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah I'd say somewhere between 8-10 which isn't bad but not as great as TATF thinks.

I challenge you to find one publication that has the Falcons Oline rated that low.  Most have them at least top five.  I could be wrong but I believe your spreading misinformation.  Even PFF has us at number 3 Behind Phi, and Dallas but what do they know lol 

44 minutes ago, GANDI said:

I challenge you to find one publication that has the Falcons Oline rated that low.  Most have them at least top five.  I could be wrong but I believe your spreading misinformation.  Even PFF has us at number 3 Behind Phi, and Dallas but what do they know lol 

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/6/4/17421956/top-offensive-lines-2018-dallas-cowboys-philadelphia-eagles-new-orleans-saints-jacksonville-jaguars

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/06/ranking-nfls-top-15-offensive-lines-heading-into-2018/

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/football/news/2018-offensive-line-rankings-fantasy-football-sleepers-busts-running-back-quarterback/vrtis9nam288189s72vxijl2g

14 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

I think we have the better team, but I'm not sure we are ready.  There's not been much evidence of it, so I don't really know what to expect.  Just like to hear what other Fans think going into this game.  

Rhonda Rousey had nothing to fear when she walked into the ring with Holly Holm.... Then she got her wig peeled back. 

A- There not healthy

B- Their missing numerous starters

C- We will set the tone early. We win by 10+ if we keep them under 100yds rushing.

12 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats the thing with this team...even the wins are frustrating at times...for once I would like to field a team that goes out and puts it foot on someones throat over and over and over again...I want to drink ...relax and enjoy game day with no anxiety...no frustration...no stupid play calling...no drops...and no mercy....kick the **** out of every team they play...and laugh about it....CAN I PLEASE HAVE THAT!!!!!:rant:

2016 NFCC we tasted it. Just need to find that again 

4 hours ago, GANDI said:

Thanks for that but even you must chuckle at the wide inconsistency of these rankings, at least PFF is allegedly compiled by some data, the others are pure speculation but digression.  We shall wait and see. 

PFF is based on last year. These are projections. Fusco is unproven. Levitre is showing signs of deterioration. Mack could too. We get our first look in 13 1/2 hours.

Not that it will happen but I’d love to see mistake free football on all three phases. I’m nervous and don’t feel good about it honestly but I do trust the defense to do it’s job and if they make plays like I expect them too, the O is more than capable of scoring points on any defense. So all of that taken into account looks like a dub. But what do I know?

7 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Just catch the football...Falcons win.

Vegas odds makers are drifting towards the Falcons as a point or two favorite. The reasoning is we are healthy and the Eagles 'O' is faltering and will need a couple of weeks to get it together. :tiphat: 

:slick: Rise up and kick some arse.:slick:

23 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Not that it will happen but I’d love to see mistake free football on all three phases. I’m nervous and don’t feel good about it honestly but I do trust the defense to do it’s job and if they make plays like I expect them too, the O is more than capable of scoring points on any defense. So all of that taken into account looks like a dub. But what do I know?

I think the defense is going to have get a turnover or 2.  If I'm an offensive player, I have no reason to have a lot of confidence going in.