How do you feel about tomorrow night's game against the Eagles?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO

While the eagles do have the better Oline, our Oline is slightly worse.  Eagles have a A+ line and we're probably an A- or B+.   Most would say we have the 3rd best in the league, do you think we are worse than that ? 

Edited by GANDI
4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

It comes down to One man

Image result for steve sarkisian

If he calls a great game, than nothing we can do except do our best.  If he is predictable and only gets us 10 or less points, than its time we really start looking at other options.  There is a lack of confidence in the offense and it shows.  I am not going to sit here and act like the 2017 offense was fluid and crisp, nothing about it looked good even when they actually produced points.  We all know that, your wearing blinders if you don't see that.  There were only 2 to 3 times where I felt the offense was going to do their thing in the season.  2008. 2012 and 2016.  Sadly, I felt more confident in our offense in 2008 than almost every year besides 2016, and even then thats a close call.  

If we execute the plays, you've got nothing to worry about.

20 minutes ago, GANDI said:

While the eagles do have the better Oline, our Oline is slightly worse.  Eagles have a A+ line and we're probably an A- or B+.   Most would say we have the 3rd best in the league, do you think we are worse than that ? 

Yeah I'd say somewhere between 8-10 which isn't bad but not as great as TATF thinks.

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Eagles have a top 3 O-line in the league. It’s not even close 

And many consider ATL top 5 so not sure how it can't be close. Even if ATL is top 10 your statement is way wrong.

You must not realize that considering you couldn't even understand my post you quoted.

Edited by Malachore
3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I think we are going to lose, I think our depth is WAY over rated by this forum, our 2nd and 3rd stringers get trounced by other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre season pretty much every year.

I think Quinn's use of pre season will backfire, yea our team is healthy but the starters barely played and timing/game speed will be a problem the first few games.

I think DL will be an issue to start with which will probably cause a domino effect on Defense. I think offense will be similar to last year, out of sync, dumb mistakes and penalties before they get in sync maybe later in the year.

Some of these issues should improve through the year but as far as the first game goes I think we get smoked and look bad doing it.

Quinns teams have started 4-0, 3-1, 3-1 with preseasons just like this one.

Same thing for the Falcons, Falcons starters have gotten the reps, just not preseason game reps.

Seems most of us feel comfortable with the defense but are worried about the offense.  There's good reason for that.  I think the magic number is 24 to win.  I can't really see the Eagles scoring more than about 20 pts. unless we turn the ball over.  I think we SHOULD  win but honestly I'm expecting a loss due to sloppy play.  Hope I'm wrong.  

27 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Does it bother anyone else the lack of blitzes we run? It just seems to me we let qb's get too comfortable against our defense because most know we're just not going to blitz.. 

Our defense is big on not giving up big plays and relying on a 4 man rush to pressure the QB. It works fine but Beasley and Takk really need to produce this year 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Our defense is big on not giving up big plays and relying on a 4 man rush to pressure the QB. It works fine but Beasley and Takk really need to produce this year 

That's the thing, everyone and every team knows that.. I just feel the lack of blitzes gives opponents too much cushion in the pocket.