Road Warrior

How do you feel about tomorrow night's game against the Eagles?

136 posts in this topic

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I don't see a blow-out happening either way because of the respective defenses, but other than that .......

I'm in a "Tomorrow night will tell me a lot" mentality. Not everything, mind you - no first game sums up a whole season (we lost the first game at home to the Bucs the year we went on to become an offensive juggernaut and go to the Super Bowl, after all). 

But given the first team's on-and-off performance during the pre-season (I don't care about going 0-4, but I do care about how out of sync the first team offense often looked) and my continued reservations about Sark, I'm interested to see what we look like in a FULL game against a top-notch defense.

Matt looked sharp in training camp. Last year Matt was a little off with his accuracy and when he got his accuracy going the receivers started dropping balls. From what seen for the most part other than the Jags game we have been sharp with throws and catches. Also the running game seems to be better this time than last year. All of this with out two of our best players on offense. I expect us to have a better showing in Philly versus last year. I want to see what the pass rush looks like and the run defense with all the starters.  The first weeks of the season are really hard because teams are developing their identities. This is the best time to beat them tho because they are missing a lot of pieces. With all that said I believe we get the win.

Edited by bighurt
therawest and Tim Mazetti like this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I think we should win the game, yet I think we will lose the game.

I just have a weird feeling about it.  Everything points to us going up there and taking home a win, but I just don't feel overly confident about it.

That's the way I feel.  

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

How do I feel about it?

People keep saying we have the better team, yet we haven't beaten them in years.

That's how I feel about it.  

I don't know that we have the better team, I just know it's the best team the Falcons have ever had and they have a very small window to keep this group together.  

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

How do I feel about it?

People keep saying we have the better team, yet we haven't beaten them in years.

That's how I feel about it.  

Who’s saying that outside of falcon fans? Who actually thinks the falcons are better? Nobody respects the falcons. Most people are all over the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, and Saints. 

slick0ne and Oldmanfan like this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Who’s saying that outside of falcon fans? Who actually thinks the falcons are better? Nobody respects the falcons. Most people are all over the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, and Saints. 

People are all over the Rams even though we went out there and kicked their ***.  

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes...I'm talking about Falcons fans. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

20 minutes ago, athell said:

I think we should win the game, yet I think we will lose the game.

I just have a weird feeling about it.  Everything points to us going up there and taking home a win, but I just don't feel overly confident about it.

Go and listen to that remix song and then come back. And if that dont help, listen to Manuel's prep speech and then come back. And if that dont help, then you dont need any help cause you're already dead.

athell likes this

I think there will be all sorts of ugliness from both teams. Especially in the first half. Half time score might be 5-0. I think there's a 50-50 chance we win it. Our second half showing will be critical. If we put up another second half goose egg we will get beat. It will all come down to player execution and whether we beat ourselves or not.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think there will be all sorts of ugliness from both teams. Especially in the first half. Half time score might be 5-0. I think there's a 50-50 chance we win it. Our second half showing will be critical. If we put up another second half goose egg we will get beat. It will all come down to player execution and whether we beat ourselves or not.

This sounds right on the money.

I felt much better before I rewatched PS Wk 3 vs Jax when they gashed us with their running game ones vs ones (yeah I know D Jones and R Allen were missing) plus our OL got blew up a few times plus the Ridley and Hoops drops. So yeah I still think we can win but I’m nervously waiting. It’ll take about two shots and four IPAs to calm the jitters before the gm. I’m really thinking Sark/Knapp can get er done but they got to prove it. Falcons 24 Iggles 16