Eating recommendations in ATL?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Homegrown for blue eyed soul food. Delicious. Hole in the wall joint in the hood but safe and always packed. Owned by a friend. Several movie stars and entertainers frequent the place.

And get the Comfy Chicken Biscuit. Here is a pic I took when I had one. This is maybe in my top 10 meals ever. I even ordered more gravy than you see there before I got through. <_<

em9K2Hu.jpg

11 minutes ago, fuego said:

And get the Comfy Chicken Biscuit. Here is a pic I took when I had one. This is maybe in my top 10 meals ever. I even ordered more gravy then you see there before I got through. <_<

em9K2Hu.jpg

Yeah they don't play in that place. Kevin went to culinary school and was trained by Pano of Pano's and Paul's. They're in several local mags as a top rated restaurant.

No for real. I never cared for Ga style fried chicken. Boring if you ask me, but strangely Ga has te best Country Fried Steak. Any one of the side venues that serve this is going to be on point. Also the “Chinese Food” in Atlanta is some of the best. Georgia and especially Atlanta isn’t a food novelty type place, but rather the type of place that has everything else. EVERYTHANG!!! Enjoy!

Nuevo Laredo for Mexican, Bones for steak, Gunshow for an upscale but unique and fun dining experience, the Optimist and Kimball House for oysters, west egg for brunch though there are tons of great options for brunch, Felinis for greesy pizza, Antico, Vero or verassanos for nice pizza, Houston's for nice but casual..... There are so many others but these are some of my favorites

Edited by Felton993

Looking at these lists it reminds me how much better the food is in Albuquerque, San Fran, NYC, Miami, and Orange County.

We have a great city but for it's size and diversity our food is just OK.

Gunshow is pretty unique and Stone Bowl for Korean is good, and for New Orleans style sandwiches the new Po Boys sandwich shop in Decatur smacks.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Homegrown for blue eyed soul food. Delicious. Hole in the wall joint in the hood but safe and always packed. Owned by a friend. Several movie stars and entertainers frequent the place.

Haha, you think THAT'S the hood, a block from the BeltLine and across the street from an under-construction mega movie theatre, a Kroger with 3 aisles of craft beer, and $700k brownstones?  Hilarious! The breakfast is great though.

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Haha, you think THAT'S the hood, a block from the BeltLine and across the street from an under-construction mega movie theatre, a Kroger with 3 aisles of craft beer, and $700k brownstones?  Hilarious! The breakfast is great though.

The area is certainly being gentrified, but it's in the hood. You can still walk up the street and buy a bag of crack. The restaurant probably still gets broken into at night. Safe during business hours but in the hood nonetheless.

15 hours ago, shock said:

D*mn the turnout for this thread is so dope. Lots of great suggestions here.

How about the super swanky Atlanta restaurant? The one where snobby folks go and spend over $100 on their meal? 

There are plenty of those too.    Aria, Bacchanalia, Bones, Babette's, Nikolai's Roof and St. Cecilia come to mind quickly.   

Nikolai's roof is really cool because the restaurant is on top of the Hilton and it rotates - beautiful views - and the food is out of this world good.  

44 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The area is certainly being gentrified, but it's in the hood. You can still walk up the street and buy a bag of crack. The restaurant probably still gets broken into at night. Safe during business hours but in the hood nonetheless.

Use to be straight hood...still is to a degree...not as bad as it used to be...I grew up in that area...That whole plaza where Target is used to be Atlanta Gas Light...that was my first real job

...people houses are still being broken into..

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Reynoldstown will forever be hood..looks better though....lol

16 hours ago, shock said:

D*mn the turnout for this thread is so dope. Lots of great suggestions here.

How about the super swanky Atlanta restaurant? The one where snobby folks go and spend over $100 on their meal? 

That's Staplehouse. But really, go ahead and make your reservations as soon as you get your dates nailed down.

http://www.staplehouse.com/

Local 3 is another one up in Buckhead.

http://localthree.com/

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Let me keep this short and let you know that this is not the hood.  You can buy drugs in all kinds of neighborhoods, but the hood is much worse than that.  Be grateful you don't know the difference.

19 hours ago, newgafatboy said:

Chops, Marietta diner, the vortex, and if you venture a little outside Atlanta to Douglasville the best Cajun west of New Orleans is found at Gumbeaux 

and brandys hot dogs in Marietta .... best dogs in the state .... sorry varsity 

Nu Way Weiners in Macon, Ga is the best. Not only famous but award winning too.  Too far for him to travel though. We stop there every time we go to Savannah. Nom nom nom. So good.