TSprings

ATL - Draft My Best Friend, PSU S Nick Scott

9 posts in this topic

Nick Scott, Safety, 5-11, 200, Fairfax, VA

“Nick Scott came in with the highest, what we call our T-score, on the team, which is a combination of the power clean, squat, bench press, vertical jump, 40-yard dash, and body weight,” Franklin said. “You could make the argument Nick Scott is the best athlete that we have on our team from a testing perspective, so excited about that.”

https://onwardstate.com/2018/03/30/nick-scott-primed-break-year/

Image result for nick scott penn state

Nick Scott is one the best people I have ever known and one of my closest friends. He is one of the best leaders, kindest, and goofiest people I know. We co-captioned my High School team where he almost exclusively played running back and quarterback. He played defense sparingly in HS to save him for offense. I kept telling him that his natural position was safety, however he was wanted to play running back coming out of high school. When he visited Alabama Nick Saban told him to he wanted him to play defensive back, went to Penn State a few weeks later and committed as a running back. Should have listened to Saban.

As for me... I was a preferred walk on to Richmond an FCS school at Outside Linebacker and stopped playing after 2 years and 2 shoulder surgery's LOL.  

Career summary: (also shows you the hard and mostly selfless effort of college football players)

2014 Fr: Red shirt

2015 rFr: After red-shirting he played in a 3 back committee and played on special teams and won PSU's award for best special teams player. Ran and threw for a TD, and was PSU's leading kick returner. 

Rushing: ATT: 30 YDS: 133 TD:1 Avg: 4.4; Receiving: Rec: 2 YDS: 43; Passing: ATT 2 YDS: 46 TD: 1

Special TeamsTKL: 8 Kick Return: YDS: 310 AVG: 24

2016 rSo: A guy named Saquon Barkley came to town and became the feature back. Nick only played special teams.

Special Teams: TKL 8 Kick Return: YDS: 138 AVG: 10.6

2017 rJr: Nick finally took my hint and asked to move to Safety. He was named special teams captain (one of 3 captains on the team). He played in every game as a Safety under Marcus Allen and Troy Apke (two seniors who were both drafted this year).

Defense & Special Teams: TKL 33 TFL: 1.5 & 1 fumble recovery for a TD

2018 rSr: Named defensive captain and starter at Saftey

In the first game he finished second on the team with 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TKL, and 1 pd.

More things to come!

Strengths:

-Leadership

-Instincts

-Tackling (power and form)

-Pursuit

-Special Teams

-Strength

-Intelligence (his dad is a professor at Harvard)

Weaknesses

-Elite Quickness/change of direction

-Mechanics/ only 2 years at Safety

NFL Projection: Balanced Safety/Slot Corner - He may not be developed enough or have the top end speed to be a coverage safety, but he could get there. His ability to tackle in open space could make him a valuable nickle/dime corner and special teams player. He is exactly the type of of player we were looking to back up Keanu Neal this year with Ron Parker and now Jordan Richards.

NFL Comparison: Malcolm Jenkins

NFL Draft Round: 5-7 It may be a long road being a first year starter but he has already shown to be the leader and impact player on a top-10 ranked CFB team. I think his special teams ability, potential, and work ethic will prove to be the most valuable part of his game. Most scouts probably do not have a draft grade on him... YET!

Image may contain: 6 peopleLe

My two best friends to this day and HS FB captains... and 3 random french girls who have never seen football before...

Lets get you drafted bud!

-Troy

Edited by TSprings

PSU pro day:

Here’s how it stacked up w/ the safeties at the NFLCombine

40 Yard-4.43(6th),

Bench-18(T-7th),

Vertical-41”(3rd),

Broad-10’8”(4th),

L-7.12(13th),

20YS-4.2(T-10th),

I've seen a few people post about RAS (relative athletic score) 

Nick scores a 9.22, good for 4th in this year's draft.

9 hours ago, TSprings said:

Welp. Drafted by the Rams in the 7th.

Could not not be more proud.. *tears

Good luck to him. Hopefully he can sort you some tickets to the Falcons @ Rams game later this year.

8 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Good luck to him. Hopefully he can sort you some tickets to the Falcons @ Rams game later this year.

Definitely will!