Carter

Georgia vs South Carolina Thread

572 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, slamee101 said:

I was watching that and its honestly the only thing that made me nervous about Saturday.  LOL

8 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

He collapsed him, just broke him down. LOL like Thanos with the Hulk.

Man Thanos beat Hulk’s *** peaceful. Beat him so bad he said nope let the universe go I’m good wooosahhh. :lol: Lecounte folded that dude like laundry. Lecounte broke that dude off so bad his teammates just call him Kit Kat now... kit kat the gamecock.

sdogg and datboilando like this

As far as the pass rush there was literally holding on every play..and I’m not talking about holding on to the jersey I’m talking blatant arm across the neck holding ..it was literally on every other play 

51 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

As far as the pass rush there was literally holding on every play..and I’m not talking about holding on to the jersey I’m talking blatant arm across the neck holding ..it was literally on every other play 

Even so, Kirby’s defense is not predicated on merely pass rush. It’s keep everything in front of you and kill the ball carrier with every teeth rattling albeit clean tackle. As the game progresses mistakes get made and before you know it You look up and are winning by 4 TD’s. The opponents offense wears out by the punishments, they feel defeated then become defeated. Don’t get me wrong sacks are a part of the  philosophy too but unlike a Mike Smith coached team, they truly are overrated. Same philosophy he’s coached the last 12 years. It’s how he was taught and it works. Especially in college. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:06 PM, Black Francis said:

I am sorry for your loss as well. What a coincidence. Mine was 94 too. 

Thanks.  They were members of the Greatest Generation.  Really, tough, hard-working people to go thru the Great Depression and WWII

95Dawg, Black Francis and sdogg like this

On 9/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Black Francis said:

I’m headed that way through S Ga soon. My travels takes me through Valdosta on the way to Melbourne FLA. Long drive. I’m currently in Macon making a stop at Nu Way Weiners. It’s a must stop destination for the family when we are traveling south. 

I was in Ashburn, about an hour North of Valdosta, right on I-75.  Home of the "Big" Peanut monument

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Thanks.  They were members of the Greatest Generation.  Really, tough, hard-working people to go thru the Great Depression and WWII

Yes they were. 

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

I was in Ashburn, about an hour North of Valdosta, right on I-75.  Home of the "Big" Peanut monument

Lol. I remember seeing peanut signs everywhere around that area. I actually stopped in Valdosta and bought some fresh tomatoes and peanuts from a local. 

9 hours ago, mike teevee said:

Favorite stat was 7 penalties in two games. Kirby has these guys focused and playing great ball.