Sit down interview Falcons' OLB Dewey Jarvis

24 minutes ago, poolerspirit said:

Who is this guy? Was he with us all of preseason? I don't remember seeing him on the field... ever! Best wishes to him on his career as a Falcon though...

I had to go back and check but yeah he was with us, #49.

I thought Celestin made more plays but I’m sure the coaches saw something from him that they really liked.

I don’t know if it was his versatility to play DE and LB.

Extremely articulate Young man.   I think he made the team on character. 

He was outplayed in preseason but like Gono, sometime you keep a guy based on the projection of where you think a player can be in a couple of years rather than where he is at the present moment.

I like the potential though.  Seems to have his head on straight and that isn't always the case in todays NFL.

Edited by lostnmexico
5 hours ago, Beef said:

Anyone know his college stats and his measurables?

I saw that he’s 6’2, 237, with both pass rush and coverage skills, so sounds similar to Campbell. 

But what are his drills like?  Is there any video of him playing?   What were his stats in our preseason games?

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1016440&draftyear=2018&genpos=olb

And this: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dewey-jarvis?id=32462018-0002-5600-851e-eaaaa3c0db3f

He is a quick twitch, it seems. Three cone 6.85. The analysis seems promising in that the weaknesses are not inherent.

20 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I had to go back and check but yeah he was with us, #49.

I thought Celestin made more plays but I’m sure the coaches saw something from him that they really liked.

I don’t know if it was his versatility to play DE and LB.

Jarvis is credited with 2 sacks on nfl.com though I didnt watch most of the preseason to tell you when they happened. He did something right and was probably a standout on special teams