Practice Squad Announced

1 hour ago, stizz said:

I have NFL Network so I've watched some of the preseason games around the league during scrub time and ALOT looked better than what we saw from Benkert. 

Long snapper is another head scratcher but I'm intrigued by who will be added to our open roster spot. 

To me Benkert was behind a scrub line for the most part. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons announced Sunday that they’ve signed 10 players to their initial practice squad for 2018.

Below are the players who have been signed to the Falcons’ practice squad:

• QB, Kurt Benkert
  • OT, Daniel Brunskill
  • DB, Deante Burton
  • TE, Jaeden Graham
  • TE, Alex Gray
  • WR, Devin Gray
  • C, J.C. Hassenauer
  • DB, Ryan Neal
  • LS, Jeff Overbaugh
  • DT, Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

The Falcons trimmed down to a 52-man active roster on Saturday, per NFL policy. Atlanta begins it season on Thursday night in the 2018 NFL Kickoff game against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.

Where is Celestin?

5 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons announced Sunday that they’ve signed 10 players to their initial practice squad for 2018.

Below are the players who have been signed to the Falcons’ practice squad:

• QB, Kurt Benkert
  • OT, Daniel Brunskill
  • DB, Deante Burton
  • TE, Jaeden Graham
  • TE, Alex Gray
  • WR, Devin Gray
  • C, J.C. Hassenauer
  • DB, Ryan Neal
  • LS, Jeff Overbaugh
  • DT, Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

The Falcons trimmed down to a 52-man active roster on Saturday, per NFL policy. Atlanta begins it season on Thursday night in the 2018 NFL Kickoff game against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.

That is:

Disappointing

Perplexing

Underwhelming

to say the least...

4 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

The problem with the long snapper argument is people are now saying a long snapper needs a year to develop. Josh Harris was a UDFA in 2012, made the cut and started immediately. Was he the once in a generational long snapper? The Lebron James of long snappers? Can we not expect the college ranks to develop long snappers anymore?

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

In one of the pressers, DQ seemed to highlight Smith's penetration ability but then mentioned Zimmer's ability to play more positions as being more coveted.

This is true. My understanding is it was that, plus they felt Zimmer has more upside. 

But Smith is more ready now than Zimmer supposedly is. ****, he’s more ready now than Senat is.

19 minutes ago, GANDI said:

Is there anyone who saw or knows why Zimmer was kept over G. Smith?  Could it be he's more of a run stuffer ? 

@Vandyis correct...Smith is more ready now...but Zimmer has more upside...He could be a steal with more coaching...he's strong as a rhino...I like him....thats @Knight of God man...he could provide more insight..

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@Vandyis correct...Smith is more ready now...but Zimmer has more upside...He could be a steal with more coaching...he's strong as a rhino...I like him....thats @Knight of God man...he could provide more insight..

Thanks man, but I think they could have kept both. Crawford is better than neither