FALCONS @ EAGLES - September 6, 2018 - 8:20pm ET

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yall boys better be glad we get Foles instead of Wentz.

Buddy was carving us up as a rook. He is way more of a threat than Foles.

Agreed.  They can sit Wentz half the season as far as I’m concerned.  Who cares what their record is...just don’t blow it with him early in his career.

7 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Agreed.  They can sit Wentz half the season as far as I’m concerned.  Who cares what their record is...just don’t blow it with him early in his career.

Dam bro where you been?

Give us your take on this game.

What are the keys, who you got, who's new that we don't know that could be a factor?

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dam bro where you been?

What are the keys, who you got, who's new that we don't know that could be a factor?

Long time no see!

I'm about to head into my dinner reservation with my better half...I’ll check in later.  I’ll share some thoughts... 

I’ve watched this team struggle too much against the Eagles to call this a definite win for us regardless of who the QB is.  We have the upper hand at QB and skill positions but they have the better lines on both sides and that scares me far more. But if we want to be the best this team will eventually have to learn to get past these Eagles so bring it on. 

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dam bro where you been?

I don’t really have a good feel at all for this game.  Talent-wise, this game has two of the the top 5 rosters in the NFL.  Both teams have a very good HC leading them.  Both teams played poorly in he preseason...but that part doesn’t concern me all that much.  

I know the Falcons improved an already good WR group, while he Eagles stayed about the same.  Wallace replaces Torrey Smith for us, but considering the fact that Smith was behind guys like Jeffery, Agholor, and Ertz as far as offensive ‘impact’...I don’t see that as a major change.  Wallace is a bit older, but still has the speed to play Smith’s role.

As for this game, we will be without Alshon Jeffery...so I expect to see more two TE sets.  They love their 2nd round rookie Dallas Goedert.  Given a little time, they may have the best 2-TE set the league presently offers.  Keep your eye open for Goedert this Thursday.

Foles is hot and cold.  It’s just who he is.  I don’t care that he looked bad in preseason, if he can find his rythym early he’ll be fine.  But Carson Wentz he is not.

I believe Jason Peters will be playing at Lt instead of Big V who took over half way through last season.  Even at 35 and coming off an injury, JP is the better option for this season.  Big V won’t be their starting LT when Peters is done...that will be Jordan Mailata.  He’s a rugby beast they traded up late in the draft to secure.  His transition to the NFL has been extremely impressive.  An absolute beast at 6’8, 358 with fast as **** feet for a guy his size.  He’s still a project this year and maybe part of next...but his potential is scary good.

As for the D, I don’t need to say anything about our deep line...everyone knows about them.  We will be without Bradham for week 1 which hurts, but we will have Jordan Hicks back.  He was the best LB on the squad prior to his Achilles injury.  In the secondary a new name to watch for is Sidney Jones.  High draft selection two drafts ago but pretty much red-shirted by the Eagles last year after he ruptured his Achilles preparing for the draft.  He was one of the top CBs of the class two drafts ago.

It will be opening night and I don’t know the team’s mindset being the defending champs for the first time ever.  That is what concerns me more than anything.  They were hungry as **** last year.  It’s hard to stay hungry after you’ve just enjoyed the best meal of your life.  We will see...

22 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I hope the Falcons come out looking sharp against Philly but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Quinn spends the entire training camp and preseason evaluating players. What about practice? Yeah I said it! If you wish to be great at executing plays you need repetitions...practice!

Players improve during the off season then only start to look sharp mid season after six to eight weeks of repetition. I understand Quinn is the mad scientist looking for new formulas but he has to realize the guys need many repetitions to perfect the execution. That's it, I got it off my chest.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. _Bruce Lee

This is a twitter from Chicago bears HC Nagy, it's about Trubisky, the idea applies here:

Matt Nagy: “We’re at almost 2000 snaps in practice. ... For somebody telling me 25-30 reps is going to make [Mitch Trubisky] better Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, it’s not going to happen.”

Same thing applies here. Falcons starters have gotten plenty of reps this preseason, just not in games.

I'll be pretty shocked if we win this game. I don't see Quinn's take on pre season this year panning out to well in the first few games. We barely played starters, yes they are healthy but will be out of sync probably on all 3 phases of the game. 

Primetine Road opener against the current SB champs who beat us in the playoff last year?

Yep we losing this one.

I don't like Quinn's approach to pre season, he pretty much made sure everyone was healthy but they won't be in game shape and won't be in sync with real competition.

After reading a lot of the thoughts on this post,, Gonna be a lot of surprised fans come Thurs night...  This team is loaded and ready! I believe we will win it,, but even if we don't , I think by the end of the season with this group of players,, we will be the team to beat in the playoffs. 

One last thought ,, IMO it's going to be all about the play calling for us,, Because we are the most talented team in the league this year!! So ,, if we have solid play calling , we will win this game.. But we have to see if they will run the ball enough or not.. If we don't it could turn out to be a lesson learned instead of starting out right and having the correct mixture of Run and pass. That will equal a very sweet first win of the season for us.

I'm thinking this game will start out with both defenses doing very well in the first half and some low scoring. I then think both defenses ware down in the second half and some big plays will get one or the other team a lead that stands. It's Philly's house, so you have to know that this is going to be a factor. The Falcons can't go into this game looking so predictable like the last time, where they did nothing to disquise anything. I'm hoping Ridley comes out playing well, and not making any mistakes, as he could be a big factor in this game. Ryan needs to be on target, and not waste any oppurtuniites with a open man too.

I really have no idea what to expect, but I'm thinking the Falcons could win if they limit mistakes, which has been what has typically done them in. Can't miss the open man, can't fumble the ball, can't not make the interception when the ball hits you in the hands. For as good as the Falcons are, they lack the killer instinct at the most important times.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:40 PM, Atlchamp99 said:

This game is going to simply be decided by line play. Can we block them? Can we pass rush nick foles? That’s literally it. They’re to me, more dominant on both sides of the ball than we are. I think if foles plays the way he has been were leaving with the W. If he plays like he did against the Vikings and patriots were going to get stomped out. IMO

That is literally every game played by every team every week.

This is how I see it.  We come out hot, move the ball and get a field goal.  The Eagles come out and dink and dunk Duke Riley to death and get a touchdown.  We come out and they have adjusted to Sarks intial plan.  The running game is not effective and we punt.  The Eagles come out again and work on Riley, we get a lucky interception.  We hit Julio for a long one and Sanu catch's a touchdown.  We get fired up and our defense takes over the game.  Eagles punt.  Sark starts his version of dink and dunk with the TE's involved and we move the ball downfield to a touchdown.  The Eagles start to lose the time of possession battle and we are playing our game.  We are in control  and win 20-7 thanks to Matt Bryant adding a field goal in the second half.

Please let it be so.