Romfal

Who you got for Roster Spot 53?

113 posts in this topic

We cut more players than we needed to which means we have our eye out for a signing.

Roster currently stands at:

24 Offense

2QB: Ryan, Shaub

3RB+1FB: Freeman, Coleman, Smith, Ortiz

6WR: Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hardy, Hall, Gage

3TE: Hooper, Paulsen, Saubert

9OL: Matthews, Levitre, Mack, Fusco, Schraeder, Sambrailo, Garland, Schweitzer, Gono

25 Defense

4DE: Beasley, McKinley, Reed, Shelby

5DT: Jarrett, McClain, Senat, Crawford, Zimmer

6LB: Jones, Campbell, Ridley, Ishmael, Oluokun, Jarvis

6CB: Trufant, Alford, Poole, Oliver, Wreh-Wilson, Bethel

4S: Neal, Allen, Kazee, Richards

3ST: Bryant, Bosher, Harris

quickzero and FalconBlood like this

I'm kind of surprised we kept 5 DTs and then Shelby with the ability to kick inside.  DE would be my guess just based on the numbers, though I guess Crawford can play outside.

Panthers Cut DE Daeshon Hall

Panthers traded up with the Cardinals to select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall with the No. 77 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

The Panthers sent Arizona picks No. 98 and 115 to move up. Hall (6’5/266) bookended Myles Garrett on a ferocious Aggies defensive line, tallying 36.5 career tackles for loss, 16 sacks, and four forced fumbles as a two-plus-year starter. While not as explosive as Garrett, Hall possesses incredibly long arms (35 5/8") and is a plus athlete, running 4.76 at the Combine with running back-like vertical (36") and broad (10’3") jumps. Hall lacked standout sack production at TAMU, but he has experience at 4-3 end, 3-4 end, and 3-4 outside linebacker and is an intriguing traits-based prospect whose motor popped on tape.

Injury is a concern but could be a long term assett once healthy.
Edited by lostnmexico

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

Panthers traded up with the Cardinals to select Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall with the No. 77 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

The Panthers sent Arizona picks No. 98 and 115 to move up. Hall (6’5/266) bookended Myles Garrett on a ferocious Aggies defensive line, tallying 36.5 career tackles for loss, 16 sacks, and four forced fumbles as a two-plus-year starter. While not as explosive as Garrett, Hall possesses incredibly long arms (35 5/8") and is a plus athlete, running 4.76 at the Combine with running back-like vertical (36") and broad (10’3") jumps. Hall lacked standout sack production at TAMU, but he has experience at 4-3 end, 3-4 end, and 3-4 outside linebacker and is an intriguing traits-based prospect whose motor popped on tape.

I loved Hall coming out. Not sure what happened in Carolina but maybe a change of scenary and scheme might make a difference.

lostnmexico likes this

3 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Injury is a concern but could be a long term assett once healthy.

isn't this the dude @Kayoh was banging the table for to take last year?

gtech1, hjerry, falcons007 and 2 others like this

17 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I'm kind of surprised we kept 5 DTs and then Shelby with the ability to kick inside.  DE would be my guess just based on the numbers, though I guess Crawford can play outside.

That and I don't believe McClain is producing like we anticipated.. Defense is my guess also

I also think History could repeat itself if we claim another……...Remember how we abused Ty Sambrailo then brought him in last year…..I also give you:

OG Chaz Green staeted 14 Games for Dallas last year  out of Florida (DQ connection?)
Age / DOB:   (26) / 4/8/1992
Ht / Wt:   6'5' / 318
Dallas' 2015 third-round pick is only entering his fourth year but will forever be tarnished by his outing against the Atlanta Falcons (four sacks allowed) last season. Green opened 2017 as the Cowboys' starting left guard but was replaced by Jonathan Cooper after three games. He'll still find a home as depth if he can elevate his play beyond last year's performance. Sep 1 - 11:09 AM
Edited by lostnmexico

Packers cut FB Aaron Ripkowski, I’m interested in him. I remember him being solid for the packers as a runner and pass catcher. Although, their run game was trash lol

Pretty much and quality FB that gets cut. But then we could just cut Ortis and that leaves us back at 52. I’m thinking pass rusher. 

30 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

Packers cut FB Aaron Ripkowski, I’m interested in him. I remember him being solid for the packers as a runner and pass catcher. Although, their run game was trash lol

Ain't that the same dude that Jalen Collins caused a fumble against in the NFCCG vs Green Bay in 2016?

54 minutes ago, Romfal said:

isn't this the dude @Kayoh was banging the table for to take last year?

Yep. Very hard. 

49 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

I found a good returner. I would also love Hall. Any DE or LB.

iMac got cut? WTF...

Lorenzo Mauldin got released by the Jets. I liked him coming out of college & I'd be curious to see what he could do at DE for us. By all accounts, he apparently has the type of motor & character that DQ loves. He's had some injury issues thus far though, including something w/ his back... so he might be damaged goods.

14 minutes ago, k-train said:

Ain't that the same dude that Jalen Collins caused a fumble against in the NFCCG vs Green Bay in 2016?

I believe so