Khalil Mack on his way to the NFC (Bears) now official

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Really depends on how the bears play the next 2 years.. If they suck its not horrible.. If they play good.. Gruden'd for sure 

See I look at it like this.  Bears are up and coming and highly underrated.  I don’t think those picks will be high picks.

I also think this Gruden thing is going to end horribly and the bears could have just gotten a top 2 defender AND what could amount to basically a late 1st if the Raiders pick is high 2.

Time will tell but this is idiotic imo.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

The Raiders defense was still terrible with Mack. I’m not sure how losing him hurts if the entire unit needs to be re-worked. They are probably in position to get Nick Bosa now. 

Gruden has made them worse.  Period.

Mack is a cornerstone player that you build around...like LA isn’t doing with Donald.

You don’t penalize your team and fan base because you can’t  put an nfl defense around an absolute superstar player.

17 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

The Raiders defense was still terrible with Mack. I’m not sure how losing him hurts if the entire unit needs to be re-worked. They are probably in position to get Nick Bosa now. 

Seriously, This makes no sense. They trade away not only their best ...but arguably the nfl’s Best ....defensive player, and you don’t see how that hurts that unit and that team? No way those two picks make them better than mack did.

And How are they in position for Bosa? Their offense is just good enough to win them a handful of games in the weak AFC. 

25 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Nick Bosa will go Top 3.  Odds are Raiders won’t be that high unless they trade up.

This is an odd one. I don’t really like the trade from either side.

For the Raiders, why are you trading away a franchise caliber player in his prime? Guys like Mack are extremely rare. Rush linebackers are the premium position on the defensive side and everyone is looking for the next Mack/Miller.

For the Bears, I get the appeal of going after a player like Mack. He is going to make that defense sick but I don’t think the Bears are at the right stage to be trading for Mack. You need an offense to win in the NFL today with the rules favoring the offense. I just don’t see an offense that is playoff caliber. Even the Jags found out last year that the NFL is about offense these days. You have to score points to win consistently in the playoffs. Now you use up a lot of cap space and don’t have a 1st rd pick for 2 years. You better hope Mitch is the truth.

For the Falcons, this is the best case scenario. If a team like the Patriots, Packers, or Saints grabbed him, it would have been tough. Mack would have been scary on a team that was on the cusp.

Meh, I think the raiders made the better choice in trading Mack over keeping him. 

The defensive unit was already hot garbage. Picking up 2 first, on top of having your own firsts gives you the ability to rebuild that unit. Even if they never fully replace Mack in one player, they gain possibly 2 or 3 extra guys to fill out the defense, while having cap space to sign 2 guys as well. 2019 is loaded with DL talent btw. 

What's the point of having a top 3 defender, when the unit itself is bottom 5? 

As far as Gruden being a talent evaluator/running Tampa into the ground, well they didn't have 2 first round picks for Gruden to utilize since they themselves gave that up for Gruden his first 2 years. Plus, not having a 2nd in the first year put them into a huge hole when it came to acquiring talent.

When he did, I thought his moves were great. Michael Clayton in a deep WR draft, put up an all time great year for rookie WR 's. Injuries demolished him after that. Cadillac was probably the best back from the 2005 draft, but he too faced the injury bug.

Gaines Adams was overdrafted , but wasn't the guy Gruden even wanted. He picked Adams because Kiffin needed/wanted him.  He later drafted Talib, who has been one of the best corners in the league. 

Had Quinn been in that position, there is no Beasley, Neal, nor Dieon. Hard to sustain success when you don't even have the best draft capital to utilize. Even harder when you finally have that capital, but the guys end up injured despite being pretty good players.

I think the Raiders will be just fine. They needed help on the O line. Miller was the best available with high upside to boot. Arden Key is another high upside guy. Many wanted PJ Hall on this board. Hurst was considered a 1st round talent. Could end up another Grady slipping to the fifth. 

7 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

Crazy?

No.

It just got real in Chicago!  (assuming it happens)

Kinda glad they are NOT on our Schedule.

Why I'd put our squad against any in the league player for player.

Screw Chicago Screw the rest of the league line em up and knock em down that's how I view it.

We are as good and as talented as any in the league.

38 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Meh, I think the raiders made the better choice in trading Mack over keeping him. 

The defensive unit was already hot garbage. Picking up 2 first, on top of having your own firsts gives you the ability to rebuild that unit. Even if they never fully replace Mack in one player, they gain possibly 2 or 3 extra guys to fill out the defense, while having cap space to sign 2 guys as well. 2019 is loaded with DL talent btw. 

What's the point of having a top 3 defender, when the unit itself is bottom 5? 

As far as Gruden being a talent evaluator/running Tampa into the ground, well they didn't have 2 first round picks for Gruden to utilize since they themselves gave that up for Gruden his first 2 years. Plus, not having a 2nd in the first year put them into a huge hole when it came to acquiring talent.

When he did, I thought his moves were great. Michael Clayton in a deep WR draft, put up an all time great year for rookie WR 's. Injuries demolished him after that. Cadillac was probably the best back from the 2005 draft, but he too faced the injury bug.

Gaines Adams was overdrafted , but wasn't the guy Gruden even wanted. He picked Adams because Kiffin needed/wanted him.  He later drafted Talib, who has been one of the best corners in the league. 

Had Quinn been in that position, there is no Beasley, Neal, nor Dieon. Hard to sustain success when you don't even have the best draft capital to utilize. Even harder when you finally have that capital, but the guys end up injured despite being pretty good players.

I think the Raiders will be just fine. They needed help on the O line. Miller was the best available with high upside to boot. Arden Key is another high upside guy. Many wanted PJ Hall on this board. Hurst was considered a 1st round talent. Could end up another Grady slipping to the fifth. 

LOL..come on man, that’s quite the spin. Gruden/Tampa drafted poorly during his entire time there, with one bad draft after another.  Michael Clayton was a major bust, as was Gaines Adams, even the Talib pick hurt that franchise.

https://raiderssnakepit.redescribe.com/2018/01/11/a-look-at-jon-grudens-draft-history/

He really should leave the drafting to Reggie, but we all know his ego won’t let that happen: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/1/5/16855448/jon-gruden-bad-twitter-nfl-draft-takes-adam-schefter-ian-rappaport