Khalil Mack on his way to the NFC (Bears) now official

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, caponine said:

Chicago stock just went up tremendously, their defense was already good last season. If thaf offense gets it together thats definitely a team to worry about. They have the size, speed and physicality/ athleticism to match with the nfc’s best offenses

I think CHI and CLE might be upcoming teams to keep an eye on. I'm actually pulling for CLE and will be following them this season. Have friends who are long time suffering fans and like what they are doing with their roster. Could be the next JAX.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think CHI and CLE might be upcoming teams to keep an eye on. I'm actually pulling for CLE and will be following them this season. Have friends who are long time suffering fans and like what they are doing with their roster. Could be the next JAX.

Same for me. 

Not sure about their HC, but they finally have a good GM.

BTW, I actually like this deal for the Bears as well as understanding it from the Raiders side. That Bears team has a load of really good young players, especially on defense. I like Trubisky and think he'll be a pretty good QB. I agree with FFS70 that the Bears and Browns are potential surprise teams this year.

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not calling you out 567, but we lost to chargers in our 2016 SB season.

567 is too perfect to make mistakes with his posts, but yeah, that was the Chargers biggest win of that season while that was the Falcons worst defensive performance of the whole year. Again, the Falcons 1-9 AFC home record since 2013 reflects that, and I believe the reason we beat the Texans in dominating fashion at home in 2015 is because we ended up going to the Super Bowl in Houston the following year. 

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

BTW, I actually like this deal for the Bears as well as understanding it from the Raiders side. That Bears team has a load of really good young players, especially on defense. I like Trubisky and think he'll be a pretty good QB. I agree with FFS70 that the Bears and Browns are potential surprise teams this year.

The Browns tend to always have their best seasons whenever the NFC South is on their schedule once every 4 years or whenever they play the Falcons. The last time the Browns clinched a playoff birth, they had to beat our Falcons in week 17. The Browns went 4-12 in 2006, and their ONLY road win the whole year was against our Falcons. The last time the Browns had any success was in 2014 in their 7-2 start before Alex Mack went down and they lost the rest of their games, they beat us for their 7th win and final win of the season. I feel like our 3-11 record vs. the Browns is a fluke because of that mess. If our offense has a bad day in Cleveland this year we could easily lose again. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I wouldn't say the next JAX. I think the Browns will gradually become a contender.

I'm still not sure about Hue Jackson at HC and how long until owner Jimmy Haslam gets the itch again to get involved with FO decisions. 

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Me too. I think Cleveland makes the playoffs. The bears not so much but they are on the rise. I think they have a shot at the playoffs  if they start Chase Daniels. If not they’ll be a team on the rise. 

1 minute ago, YoungHeezy said:

With all due respect to Khalil Mack, I’m with Jon Gruden on this. I’m not paying anybody on a bottom 5 defense QB money. Get the picks and re-build the whole defense like the Falcons did. 

Right. That was kinda my point that I think ppl misunderstood. The defense already sucked WITH him and it’s not gonnabe much worse without him. They will be better for it in the end because they can actually GET better. 

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Exactly. That Raiders defense needs a total overhaul, which doesn't happen by sinking $20mm a year into one player. I like Mack, he's an outstanding player, but the Raiders needed more and unfortunately Mack was their best card to get more quality players.

The odds that the two 1st round picks plus a free agent will contribute more than Mack by himself aren’t great.   More than likely you have at least one bust out of three.

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

The trade wiz that TD is, the Falcons absolutely could have landed Mack. It was all about the money. I would have offered them Vic and a first and used whatever I planned on paying toward Vic to Mack.

We would have to have given more as Bears 1st rounders figure to be higher than ours.

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The odds that the two 1st round picks plus a free agent will contribute more than Mack by himself aren’t great.   More than likely you have at least one bust out of three.

The Raiders defense was still terrible with Mack. I’m not sure how losing him hurts if the entire unit needs to be re-worked. They are probably in position to get Nick Bosa now.