Khalil Mack on his way to the NFC (Bears) now official

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t understand this thinking either. 

We got Julio, Raiders gave up Mack. Entirely different scenario, Raiders are like the browns were with us in this deal. 

He rates himself Vandy he thinks he's can build the team in what he sees is the right light.To me this is a guy whose in charge has shut out all the outside noise and it's business as usual.

In a word EGO everyone knows it's huge.

6 minutes ago, osiruz said:

And those same players couldn't even get to the bowl for years with Dungy. Gruden made them better.

Gruden is an offensive minded coach.

Monte Kiffin made them better. Kiffin was one of the few coaches that stayed with the Bucs from the Dungy regime. He was Dungy's DC in Tampa also.

Kiffin was able to finish with Gruden what he had started with Dungy.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Gruden made Sapp, Brooks, Barber, and Lynch better? 

That offense was atrocious when Dungy was there. Defense stayed and played at the same level. Only difference is Gruden went and got Simeon Rice. You guys are idiots for trying to say dungy is the reason they were good. He really sukz as a coach. I watched them closely those years.

Just now, tactician said:

Ok so do you think the Falcons should have pulled the trigger on this trade? Trade two firsts, a third to the Raiders and get Mack and a second and then give Mack 141 million 90 Million guaranteed with a 60 million dollar signing bonus. Yes or No.

I said No in another thread and I'll reiterate it again here.

BUT our team doesn't need to do that because we have more talent and are drafting really well since DQ got here.

Differing circumstances.

4 minutes ago, tactician said:

Ok so do you think the Falcons should have pulled the trigger on this trade? Trade two firsts, a third to the Raiders and get Mack and a second and then give Mack 141 million 90 Million guaranteed with a 60 million dollar signing bonus. Yes or No.

No I don’t, we don’t have the cap space bears have with Ryan, Julio, et al. Bears have a rookie QB locked in a rookie deal.

none of which changes the fact I think the raiders were idiots.

5 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Gruden is an offensive minded coach.

Monte Kiffin made them better. Kiffin was one of the few coaches that stayed with the Bucs from the Dungy regime. He was Dungy's DC in Tampa also.

Kiffin was able to finish with Gruden what he had started with Dungy.

He was what they needed to get over the hump, being that he nearly made the SB the year before. The defense got a little better, but they also got a QB who could throw the ball.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Supposedly he and Gruden have never even met. 

Which I find strange. Mack may have made his position known to the Raiders FO before Gruden got there. Or maybe Gruden is just a jerk. Hard to say.

This last week, a QB signed the biggest contract ever, a WR signed the biggest  WR contract ever, and a defensive player just signed the biggest defensive player  contract ever. Twice.

Than there's the little factoid that Stafford, last year, was the highest paid player in the NFL, now he's the 3rd highest paid QB in his division. These contracts are just mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

That offense was atrocious when Dungy was there. Defense stayed and played at the same level. Only difference is Gruden went and got Simeon Rice. You guys are idiots for trying to say dungy is the reason they were good. He really sukz as a coach. I watched them closely those years.

I’ve never said anything about Dungy in this thread.

i questioned you saying gruden made sapp, barber, brooks and Lynch better....which was a pretty silly comment. 

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Which I find strange. Mack may have made his position known to the Raiders FO before Gruden got there. Or maybe Gruden is just a jerk. Hard to say.

This last week, a QB signed the biggest contract ever, a WR signed the biggest  WR contract ever, and a defensive player just signed the biggest defensive player  contract ever. Twice.

Than there's the little factoid that Stafford, last year, was the highest paid player in the NFL, now he's the 3rd highest paid QB in his division. These contracts are just mind boggling.

That it is, falconidae. Yet still way below what stars are paid in most every other sport.

Just now, tactician said:

Nice rationalization buddy. The Raiders are idiots according to you, but yet you would not take the trade they are offering. Looks like according to you and others here its actually the Bears who are the idiots since no one here would make the deal they did. You don't get to have it both ways man.

Rational thought ....what you are trying to spin as rationalization...is something you must be lacking in.

i wouldn’t take that deal because I am in a  completely different situation from bears. But if I’m the faiders, I don’t even entertain letting my best player go for that.

1 minute ago, tactician said:

Everyone here claims the Raiders are idiots for making this trade, yet not one person on this board has said they would have made the trade the Bears did. Maybe getting 2 first round picks and not crippling your salary cap isn't so idiotic after all.

LOL 

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I actually like what gruden did. The message it sent was they want the type of players we go after and that one man doesn’t make a team. I think the move will make them a better team. 

It could, but losing a player like Mack will hurt the defense no question in the short term. Gotta get those 2 firsts to pan out.

8 minutes ago, tactician said:

If it was a great trade for the Bears everyone would saying, "we could of got Mack!." No one is saying that. The Raiders just got the most draft compensation for a defensive player in modern NFL history. The Bears just signed him to the largest deal for a defensive player in NFL history. Yet according to you the Raiders got fleeced? Dude, you're just flat out wrong. 

I am?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/sports/wp/2018/09/01/the-khalil-mack-trade-means-that-the-bears-are-contenders-and-the-raiders-are-rebuilding/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/instant-analysis-of-bears-trade-for-khalil-mack/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-super-bowl-odds-more-double-khalil-mack-trade%3famp

There’s 100s of more pieces out there praising bears in this trade. Not that the media or Vegas means that much, but get off the ********-wagon claiming nobody isn’t out there saying this wasn't a great trade for bears.  

3 hours ago, athell said:

See I look at it like this.  Bears are up and coming and highly underrated.  I don’t think those picks will be high picks.

I also think this Gruden thing is going to end horribly and the bears could have just gotten a top 2 defender AND what could amount to basically a late 1st if the Raiders pick is high 2.

Time will tell but this is idiotic imo.

Even if they aren't, the NFL isn't the NBA. The talent drop off isn't nearly as steep after the first 10 picks, or heck, after the first five.

24 minutes ago, tactician said:

Everyone here claims the Raiders are idiots for making this trade, yet not one person on this board has said they would have made the trade the Bears did. Maybe getting 2 first round picks and not crippling your salary cap isn't so idiotic after all.

I don't think our situation and theres are the same hence why wouldn't so the trade rightly or wrongly.

To me it's a power play from Gruden he'll live or die by it.