Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kung Fu Kenny

Khalil Mack on his way to the NFC (Bears) now official

294 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Trubisky really??!! Aint sweatin abt effin Bears. 

We got our own division to worry abt.

Trubisky showed hints of the good qb he can be, if he pans out then that team will definitely be a tough one. You better sweat bears maybe not this year but in the future. That team is going to be legit. But youre right though, own division comes first

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If I was an owner that lost his biggest and best star player via trade knowing that my team is in the process of moving to a market like Las Vegas real soon I would be pissed too.

Al Davis would've shipped Gruden off once again instead of trading a player like Mack.

Lol, his biggest and best star is Derek Carr. He just got paid. Without Carr, they couldn't even beat a Brock Osweiler-led Texans squad.

Y'all are making too much of this.

59 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Gruden has done nothing but bring dysfunction to that organization. They have a franchise QB, star pass rusher, and star receiver. A good core to build around. He hasn’t even coached a game yet and has completely screwed this up

Wouldn't the Mack trade be on mckinzie  

2 hours ago, athell said:

Wow they actually did it.  I was giving the Raiders too much credit.  Gruden is a complete and utter moron.

He got 2 1sts afterall but still...wow...what message does this send to your team?  Oakland going 2-14 this year.

I actually like what gruden did. The message it sent was they want the type of players we go after and that one man doesn’t make a team. I think the move will make them a better team. 

No.11, falconidae, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

26 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Wouldn't the Mack trade be on mckinzie  

I don't think so. Read the reports. Mack is angry with the organization because he felt disrespected by Gruden. Mckenzie had done a pretty good job with Jack Del Rio in actually building a solid core of a team. Del Rio is fired and Gruden is brought in and all summer long reports have come out that Gruden and Mckenzie basically hate each other. Gruden is ruining what Mckenzie was getting close to building in a winning team. 

This move is going to result in a 3-13 season for the raiders. Half the locker is (or already has) going to quit on Gruden because of this move. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I actually like what gruden did. The message it sent was they want the type of players we go after and that one man doesn’t make a team. I think the move will make them a better team. 

Exactly. That Raiders defense needs a total overhaul, which doesn't happen by sinking $20mm a year into one player. I like Mack, he's an outstanding player, but the Raiders needed more and unfortunately Mack was their best card to get more quality players.

Geaux_Falcons and Drew4719 like this

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

If the owner chooses to stick with Gruden through the WHOLE thing, then yes, it could. But, this move is basically going to force them to hit reset on the roster. Turnover is going to be HIGH after this first season. Pretty risky

2 hours ago, athell said:

Wow they actually did it.  I was giving the Raiders too much credit.  Gruden is a complete and utter moron.

He got 2 1sts afterall but still...wow...what message does this send to your team?  Oakland going 2-14 this year.

Have to looked at the Raiders defense? Even with Mack it was horrible!! That defense needs a complete overhaul. That is what the Raiders are doing. This makes sense!

Drew4719 and No.11 like this

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Khalil Mack, Leonard Floyd, Danny Trevathan, and Roquan Smith as starting LBs

Crazy

They did say trade though. Wonder if any of these were given up or just draft pics. I mean he does have 10 years to build the raiders so time isn't an issue 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

If they choose to stick with Gruden through the WHOLE thing, then yes, it could. But, this move is basically going to force them to hit reset on the roster. Turnover is going to be HIGH after this first season. Pretty risky

They needed to hit reset on the defense. They've been trash on that side for years, even when Mack was there. 

The rest of the team are professionals. They know the business. They'll get over it. 

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

They needed to hit reset on the defense. They've been trash on that side for years, even when Mack was there. 

The rest of the team are professionals. They know the business. They'll get over it. 

Has it actually been reported yet what the Raiders got for the trade? 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

They were an up and coming team just 2 years ago. What a cluster **** that franchise has reverted back into. Bet Al is rolling over in his grave.

Makes me even more grateful for the job TD/Quinn are doing here.

Even with that, the defense was horrendous. They only won the games they did because they outscored everyone. They still have the talent on offense this year to steal some wins that way. The defense needed a complete rebuild and that is what Gruden is thinking and it makes sense.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Even with that, the defense was horrendous. They only won the games they did because they outscored everyone. They still have the talent on offense this year to steal some wins that way. The defense needed a complete rebuild and that is what Gruden is thinking and it makes sense.

I don't know man. If I'm an NFL GM and I have a franchise QB, and a superstar pass rusher, and a good O-line, it seems like my job is pretty easy at this point. 

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't think so. Read the reports. Mack is angry with the organization because he felt disrespected by Gruden. Mckenzie had done a pretty good job with Jack Del Rio in actually building a solid core of a team. Del Rio is fired and Gruden is brought in and all summer long reports have come out that Gruden and Mckenzie basically hate each other. Gruden is ruining what Mckenzie was getting close to building in a winning team. 

This move is going to result in a 3-13 season for the raiders. Half the locker is (or already has) going to quit on Gruden because of this move. 

I saw the article on the Raiders rewarding players that produce with a trade and allowing another team to make the pay day.. Definitely not a good start 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Has it actually been reported yet what the Raiders got for the trade? 

2 first rounders plus it says.. So probably a couple of 7th round picks too.. Specifics not out yet 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't know man. If I'm an NFL GM and I have a franchise QB, and a superstar pass rusher, and a good O-line, it seems like my job is pretty easy at this point. 

What good does a superstar pass rusher do if the rest of the defense is complete garbage?

No.11 likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not really. Having one great pass rusher doesn't mean jack if the rest of the defense can't perform. It's great when you have a defense like the 2015 Broncos and the defense the Rams just assembled (on paper at least), then it's easy.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

What good does a superstar pass rusher do if the rest of the defense is complete garbage?

I think it's the hardest position to fill. If you have it, then you can build around it through the draft.

g-dawg and Drew4719 like this

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Not really. Having one great pass rusher doesn't mean jack if the rest of the defense can't perform. It's great when you have a defense like the 2015 Broncos and the defense the Rams just assembled (on paper at least), then it's easy.

Right. But my point is, it's easier to build around a guy like Mack rather than trade him and gamble on something else. But, if this trade is Hershel Walker like, then it could work very well for the Raiders. But they need to hit on those draft picks. 

athell likes this

19 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You don’t trade a HOF potential Defensive End/LB MVP who is 27yrs old in prime of career.

While two 1st round picks is steep,  Mack is a top 10 player in NFL and wasn’t a diva like OBJ.

Drew4719 and Vandy like this