Kung Fu Kenny

Khalil Mack on his way to the NFC (Bears) now official

294 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

90 mil guaranteed for a non-QB. I’d never make that deal. 

I agree. I do not care who the player is, I'd have never given up this much to acquire him and then pay him this much. The only way I would consider this is for a QB . . . and even then I am mulling over it. How people say Oakland are the losers in this deal or that they made a mistake is beyond me. 

One man does not make a team.

I understand why they traded him and in theory, it’s a good deal if you have the ability to draft successfully. However, historically, Gruden is absolutely horrible at drafting talent.

Elite pass rushers are EXTREMELY rare to find. A team could literally have every pick in the first round, draft every DE, and still not hit on one. So typically when you have one, you try to hold onto him the best you can. 

Based on those two factors I doubt that the Raiders get back quality players that equal Mack. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Chuckie has 10 years to make the Raiders. I think they win this trade today. If he drafts like he did in Tampa then they will lose.

People always blame him for what happened to that franchise but name another HC since he's gotten fired that's done anything there. You can't. Outside of Tony Dungy every coach there has failed. Folks seem to overlook how great that Raiders team was that Gruden built. I think he's going to do it again eventually.

3 hours ago, tactician said:

If you were the Falcons GM would you have pulled the trigger on the deal the Bears did? 2019 first round pick, 2020 first round pick, 2020 third round pick for K. Mack and a 2020 second round pick and sign Mack to a 141 million dollar, 90 million guaranteed contract?

Maybe....probably not - if I could get Raiders to take Beasley and less draft picks I might.

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’ve never said anything about Dungy in this thread.

i questioned you saying gruden made sapp, barber, brooks and Lynch better....which was a pretty silly comment. 

It was kind of implied with all Gruden threads and it's really stupid. I'm sick of reading such stupid comments. Dungy had sorry ads Shaun King running his offense. And I think Alstott wasnt playing meaningful snaps for Gruden. I also said Gruden made them a better team. I wasn't implying defense. He did get Simeon rice.

3 hours ago, YoungHeezy said:

90 mil guaranteed for a non-QB. I’d never make that deal. 

Wouldn’t have traded 2 firsts for him either. That team needs first round talent, especially on offense 

tactician likes this

8 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

OBJ, Donald, and Mack have all gotten paid.

...........while Le'Veon Bell hasn't. He may need to fire his agent.

He’s a RB....

9 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Wouldn’t have traded 2 firsts for him either. That team needs first round talent, especially on offense 

People are really sleeping on the Bears.  I watched every single game of theirs last year and I'm telling you they were so close to winning so many more games last year.  Fox and co. were so bad for them.

The biggest question is Trubisky.  If he can even be an Alex Smith type they are going to win games.  They've had a great offseason and have talent up and down that roster and that was before Mack.

Also people still freaking out over money that isn't theirs...smh...I suggest you all start to realize this is the future of the nfl and contracts.  Y'all are gonna have an anyuresm when it's Debo's turn.  Get used to it, this is the way the league is going.  Or don't...but please don't complain about other people's money on an internet message board, it's not a good look.  Y'all have zero clue about the cap, contracts or what the FO can and can't do so please sit down.  These guys know a liiiiiiiiittle more than you do.

If you ran the team and drafted a generational talent, you would let him walk or trade him because you don't want to pay him what he is worth.  It's ridiculous.  Y'all wanna hoard cap room and money like a dang dragon.  Go look at the teams with the most cap room over the past years and tell me how they have done.  Cle, TB, Jax up until they started drafting well...more cap space does not mean more success.  Draft talent...pay talent.  You don't draft a guy, put in the work, and let someone else benefit because you are being cheap.

And then you double down and act like backfillling that spot is easy!  Like the draft is a gimme!  The draft is a crapshoot even at the top.  Proven nfl talent, especially elite talent > college potential and unknowns.

Ok I'm off my soap box.  I hope you all have a great Sunday...last Sunday before football!

Edited by athell
coastiemike and MoFalconsFan56 like this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

People are really sleeping on the Bears.  I watched every single game of theirs last year and I'm telling you they were so close to winning so many more games last year.  Fox and co. were so bad for them.

The biggest question is Trubisky.  If he can even be an Alex Smith type they are going to win games.  They've had a great offseason and have talent up and down that roster and that was before Mack.

Also people still freaking out over money that isn't theirs...smh...I suggest you all start to realize this is the future of the nfl and contracts.  Y'all are gonna have an anyuresm when it's Debo's turn.  Get used to it, this is the way the league is going.  Or don't...but please don't complain about other people's money on an internet message board, it's not a good look.  Y'all have zero clue about the cap, contracts or what the FO can and can't do so please sit down.  These guys know a liiiiiiiiittle more than you do.

If you ran the team and drafted a generational talent, you would let him walk or trade him because you don't want to pay him what he is worth.  It's ridiculous.  Y'all wanna hoard cap room and money like a dang dragon.  Go look at the teams with the most cap room over the past years and tell me how they have done.  Cle, TB, Jax up until they started drafting well...more cap space does not mean more success.  Draft talent...pay talent.  You don't draft a guy, put in the work, and let someone else benefit because you are being cheap.

Ok I'm off my soap box.  I hope you all have a great Sunday...last Sunday before football!

All we need now is a choir and communion and church is over...

:tiphat:

athell likes this

47 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm just hoping it's a lose lose situation. Raiders are worse for trading away their best player. Bears suffer because they need those draft picks down the road and Mack just can't live up that deal in the later years of the contract.

13 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Nagy said they were going to use a first round pic for de next year anyway and chances he would be a Mack are slim to none.. It actually makes sense 

athell likes this

4 hours ago, athell said:

And then you double down and act like backfillling that spot is easy!  Like the draft is a gimme!  The draft is a crapshoot even at the top.  Proven nfl talent, especially elite talent > college potential and unknowns.

Yep, bears have the cap space and Nagy said himself they would have used the 1st next year for a de.. Which probably wouldn't be a Mack type player.. I don't think it's such a bad move for the Bears myself

athell likes this

6 hours ago, athell said:

Yeah they have a good defense and it appears Howard and Cohen have their days, but I’m not sure ab their oline. I literally don’t know if it’s good or not because I’ve done zero study on it. To say if Tribusky can be “just Alex Smith” means over 4,000 yards 26 touchdowns and 5 picks with a 68% completion percentage and I don’t think that’s happening, at least yet. 

athell likes this

3 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah they have a good defense and it appears Howard and Cohen have their days, but I’m not sure ab their oline. I literally don’t know if it’s good or not because I’ve done zero study on it. To say if Tribusky can be “just Alex Smith” means over 4,000 yards 26 touchdowns and 5 picks with a 68% completion percentage and I don’t think that’s happening, at least yet. 

What I meant by the Alex Smith comp is not turning the ball over, a game manager, more than anything.  But yeah.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this