SLEVEN

Falcons trade for safety

102 posts in this topic

Just now, RoddyWhite84 said:

Yeah I will never understand how they do it..year after year,like is the pressure playing against them in a high stakes game that great? 

ESPN 30 for 30 in September 2028 on how the Patriots manipulated the league into letting them become a perennial powerhouse dynasty.  That's the only explanation I have.  BB/Kraft have some dirt on Goodell and the scripts have been set like freaking professional wrestling lol

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well alright then cya RON

This means we are going to see a lot of Kazee this season, which suits me fine.

Vandy likes this

There was an informal study done years ago, when he was in his prime, that said golfers subconsciously or otherwise, play worse when Tiger Woods is in a tournament than when he isn't. It wasn't a small difference either. It was huge. 

And people were saying that none of last night’s players had a shot at making the team.  

They did, they just sucked.

which speaks to our scouting.  

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

And people were saying that none of last night’s players had a shot at making the team.  

Well the team can only keep 53 and all the starters and backups were not playing, but like 40 guys playing last night. 

34 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Not even a 7th rounder...a conditional 7th rounder. No idea how this could be received poorly. Either he's so bad he doesn't play and we lose nothing, or he's good enough to play some and we lose a late 7th.

Yeah, it's a conditional 7th round pick in 2020.  That's essentially nothing.  It just ensures we got him before anyone else on the waiver wire.

He could be someone we were interested in before the 2015 draft.  Or maybe something about him stood out when we played New England twice last year.

Anyway, I'm all for trying something at backup SS.  Parker was clearly not the answer.  And I'm not sure they consider Lammons a SS, but more of a CB/FS type.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

"which speaks to our scouting."   All true except the last quip, which is just not accurate.

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I hate to say it but he NEEDS to be a Seahawk or something. He was invisible 

I was excited and had hopes about him. But it looks like Kazee will be even better than I thought Parker would be so whatever.

lostnmexico and Knight of God like this

I'm hearing all over the place that this guy is garbage. Then again, looking at his draft scouting report it appears as if he was just drafted extremely early, asked to play out of position and to do things he'd shown he wasn't good at. Quinn excels at putting players into positions they excel at. I'm guessing if Richards makes the team he'll be on Special Teams and a back up Saftey in run support on short yardage situations.

lostnmexico likes this

18 minutes ago, stizz said:

Yo @TheFatboi are you going to admit you were wrong or just act like you didn't tell me last night Ron Parker was making the team?

I always admit when I was wrong about something. I’m a man.  I didn’t even watch the game last night so I had no clue of how Bad he played. I saw that on the board. 

stizz likes this

13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I always admit when I was wrong about something. I’m a man.  I didn’t even watch the game last night so I had no clue of how Bad he played. I saw that on the board. 

You skipped around the words here, but ok.

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

:lol:  I do not blame them.  Pride alone would not have allowed me to end my career like that BS last night.  I promised myself I was not going to comment on last night's game but I will say that was disgusting and even the coaches should have been ashamed of that.  Way beyond traditional bad Preseason game 4 football.

lostnmexico and Vandy like this

Trying to get back to Jorden Richards here

I don't know anything about him other than he was a ball hawk at Stanford----seems to be one of the things Quinn is looking for

"Richards played college football at Stanford, where he played in 54 games for the Cardinal. In his four seasons at Stanford, Richards registered 245 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, nine pass defenses, nine interceptions, two forced fumbles and a sack."

Highlight Reel.  Looks like a DQ guy.  Curious if DQ may see if he can do both S and LB.  Other vid in this thread suggests he does not tackle well.  Hope that's not the case as we saw plenty of that from guys we're cutting.

5 hours ago, athell said:

Pats buddy says he is an awful safety but good special teamer.  If true, makes sense.

As well appear to be set in the DB that is what I was thinking.