Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLEVEN

Falcons trade for safety

102 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That division really is terrible. But at least Sam Darnold should be promising, I think he’s the next big thing at QB. 

The Jets QB history is largely ignored and just terrible. Namath is still their all time leader in every category and has been for like 40 years. The next closest is Ken O'Brien who left the team in 1992. I had no idea the pressure on Darnold to be great. I hope he can handle it.

I thought Parker was just in decline, but a KC fan told be Berry and the CBs make him look better than he is. Just got a text from a Patriots fan cousin of mine “your defense just took a huge hit with Richards. Sorry bro.”

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I thought Parker was just in decline, but a KC fan told be Berry and the CBs make him look better than he is. Just got a text from a Patriots fan cousin of mine “your defense just took a huge hit with Richards. Sorry bro.”

He's not gonna be starting. 

Knight of God likes this

Heavy celebrations going on at the Pats message board. They would have traded him for a $5 craft beer and they would have tossed in 3 bucks. I hoping he doesn't have to actually play

4 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Heavy celebrations going on at the Pats message board. They would have traded him for a $5 craft beer and they would have tossed in 3 bucks. I hoping he doesn't have to actually play

If their level of player evaluation is the same as our message board, than I think we got a steal.

rounz likes this

58 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't get this move. I know it was only a 7th but it feels like a waste. Hopefully he proves me wrong and isn't another Ty Sambrailo.

Timing seems strange as well. Would it not be better to wait to see if there are any cuts first. Richards may have been one of them.

guess they wanted him but assumed he wouldn't pass waivers.

Not sure why everyone is upset by this, we gave up a conditional 7th rounder for a guy who will only play SP and apparently he was decent at it. Not a bad move at all to be honest. Maybe we will finally have a top 10 SP this year

27 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

By all accounts, there is no way this dude ever sniffs the field on the defensive side of the ball unless Keanu goes down *knock on wood*.  So gotta disagree that our defense just took a huge hit.

They keep skipping around my needs for a defensive tackle or a defensive end or linebacker problem so I guess they don't think they need one

30 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if he made the team. 

Conditional 2020 7th could be a non-pick if he gets cut. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Not even a 7th rounder...a conditional 7th rounder. No idea how this could be received poorly. Either he's so bad he doesn't play and we lose nothing, or he's good enough to play some and we lose a late 7th.

Exactly

Gee-Q likes this

1 hour ago, athell said:

I see no lies in this post and it's incredibly annoying lol

Just imagine if they actually hit on alot of those picks makes me sick thinking about it.

athell likes this

1 hour ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Seems that Patriot fans are delighted he's gone.

Was Parker that bad this offseason?

Yeah He was--- Parker was extra terrible last night he looked like an UDFA -Parker Benkert Gono and Reggie Davis all looked like crap and probably wont make the team

6 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Just imagine if they actually hit on alot of those picks makes me sick thinking about it.

On the other hand...if Carroll doesn't make a dumb decision...if we didn't make dumb decisions...If the Panthers didn't collapse...he would look a lot different.  For some reason teams just go full blown dumb against the Pats.  I will never understand it.

Jerz #Quinning and falconidae like this

Just now, athell said:

On the other hand...if Carroll doesn't make a dumb decision...if we didn't make dumb decisions...If the Panthers didn't collapse...he would look a lot different.  For some reason teams just go full blown dumb against the Pats.  I will never understand it.

Yeah I will never understand how they do it..year after year,like is the pressure playing against them in a high stakes game that great? 

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

You can call it the Buffalo Bills Syndrome. There is some kind invisible wall teams hit when playing the Pats. Or if you are the Bills, a wall you build around your team for decades.

athell likes this

You are not going to find a "steal" from the players that a team loves - Belichick is not exactly the easiest guy to play for, Boston is not the most weather-friendly city to play in, and the Pats defense is not as speedy as ours.