Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osiruz

Our offense is overrated

132 posts in this topic

Bradham and their other lbers are also out. So is Alshon Jeffrey. Sark has to get fired. This isn't good at all. This offense looks like it's stuck in the La Brea tar pits.

Tonight was the FIFTH time in the last 15 games where the opponent was held under 21 points and the Falcons still lost. 

Anyone trying to defend this Offense doesn't have much to work with.  

Our Oline can’t stand up to stout Dlines. No ability to rush, lineman being pushed back into QB which also takes passing plays that develope out of the playbook. 

Well you guys are expecting 2016 offense but that's not what we have.

Our receivers are Julio (a stud), Sanu (average number 2) and then a bunch of guys that can't really contribute or just haven't yet.  Freeman got hurt and Coleman is better as a change of pace.  And Matt Ryan is good but wasn't really on point tonight.

At the end of the day, way too much was running through Julio. Instead of going to the open man, we were forcing it to Julio or taking a sack.

12 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Well you guys are expecting 2016 offense but that's not what we have.

Our receivers are Julio (a stud), Sanu (average number 2) and then a bunch of guys that can't really contribute or just haven't yet.  Freeman got hurt and Coleman is better as a change of pace.  And Matt Ryan is good but wasn't really on point tonight.

At the end of the day, way too much was running through Julio. Instead of going to the open man, we were forcing it to Julio or taking a sack.

I agree there's a Talent deficit namely at TE. We also don't have the right coach for the offense. This is a finesse quick strike offense, and Sark seems more suited to a pro style offense.

13 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Tonight was the FIFTH time in the last 15 games where the opponent was held under 21 points and the Falcons still lost. 

Anyone trying to defend this Offense doesn't have much to work with.  

I wish I could disagree.  I really do...

On ‎08‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:11 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Stopped at jags game. 

Forming an opinion of the offense based off a preseason game is just stupid. I don't care what the rest of the post says. 

Was I wrong though? O line suckz donkey cojones. Can't discard preseason as if its nothing.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:14 AM, osiruz said:

I went and rewatched the jags game. On one first half sequence Ryan was sacked or had to throw away the ball on 3-4 straight plays. The OL was manhandled and he had no time to throw. 

On another late second half sequence the highly inconsistent Hoopers bloopers, Sanu, and Ridley all dropped passes. Not to mention Hoopers Bloopers and TC dropped laydown screen passes. 

We also failed to have anyone get open on a few PA plays. This leads me to believe we don't have much behind Julio, and maybe the routes we have our players run are too predictable. 

Yes! Yes! Yes!

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Was I wrong though? O line suckz donkey cojones. Can't discard preseason as if its nothing.

Offense didn't look good our SB season during preseason...MR especially. Seemed like we were headed towards a repeat of 2015.

Yet, MR had an MVP season...team goes to SB.

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

With the Falcons what you see in preseason you better pay attention to

4 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Offense didn't look good our SB season during preseason...MR especially. Seemed like we were headed towards a repeat of 2015.

Yet, MR had an MVP season...team goes to SB.

He is still having an MVP type season but its all for naught behind a dumpster fire OL. Our SB season we lucked out because more than 3/4 of the OL in the NFL were decimated by injuries and ours was top 5.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

He is still having an MVP type season but its all for naught behind a dumpster fire OL. Our SB season we lucked out because more than 3/4 of the OL in the NFL were decimated by injuries and ours was top 5.

Our Oline was healthy, not so much this year.

5 minutes ago, osiruz said:

true

20 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Our Oline was healthy, not so much this year.

Even healthy this OL isn't that good. Shraeder has always been and always will be terrible and his entire soul and aura are below average. Fusco is a pinch better than Schweitzer, and Alex Mack is old. 

On 8/31/2018 at 2:14 AM, osiruz said:

I went and rewatched the jags game. On one first half sequence Ryan was sacked or had to throw away the ball on 3-4 straight plays. The OL was manhandled and he had no time to throw. 

On another late second half sequence the highly inconsistent Hoopers bloopers, Sanu, and Ridley all dropped passes. Not to mention Hoopers Bloopers and TC dropped laydown screen passes. 

We also failed to have anyone get open on a few PA plays. This leads me to believe we don't have much behind Julio, and maybe the routes we have our players run are too predictable. 

You called it, it wasn't a popular post then, but as of now you are correct. 

On 8/31/2018 at 4:47 AM, TNFalcon1 said:

Oh no here we go again with a couple of series in a preseason game are going to define what we do in the regular season BS....

Some of these replies were ludicrous lol.

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

Some of these replies were ludicrous lol.

So you believe you are some kind of Nostradamus? Did you also predict that we would have 6 starters on IR?