Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osiruz

Our offense is overrated

132 posts in this topic

I went and rewatched the jags game. On one first half sequence Ryan was sacked or had to throw away the ball on 3-4 straight plays. The OL was manhandled and he had no time to throw. 

On another late second half sequence the highly inconsistent Hoopers bloopers, Sanu, and Ridley all dropped passes. Not to mention Hoopers Bloopers and TC dropped laydown screen passes. 

We also failed to have anyone get open on a few PA plays. This leads me to believe we don't have much behind Julio, and maybe the routes we have our players run are too predictable. 

The Seahawks D made the Broncos record-setting offense look like the Browns. 

The Jags D is legit. They will make every offense look bad this year. 

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

I went and rewatched the jags game. On one first half sequence Ryan was sacked or had to throw away the ball on 3-4 straight plays. The OL was manhandled and he had no time to throw. 

On another late second half sequence the highly inconsistent Hoopers bloopers, Sanu, and Ridley all dropped passes. Not to mention Hoopers Bloopers and TC dropped laydown screen passes. 

We also failed to have anyone get open on a few PA plays. This leads me to believe we don't have much behind Julio, and maybe the routes we have our players run are too predictable. 

I agree. We should have showed everyone that they have to pick their poison against our offense. We lost The Preseason Championship. Julio and Free didn't do **** either. The world thinks Jacksonville sucks, and we should have crushed them in this meaningless game. God forbid us not being able to execute the playaction pass when the run isn't working. 

Obviously you can't read much into preseason but I also think there is some truth to what OP is saying.  All the pundits are acting like this is 2016 and we are a Superbowl favorite.

Until we see it in a real game, I am not just going to assume that: 1) our pass blocking is good enough, 2) our hands are good enough, 3) our playcalling and ball distribution is good enough, or 4) our DL play is good enough.  Ridley doesn't look ready to help much, Sanu is still dropping TDs, and Julio hasn't even taken the field in a game and led the team in drops and had only 3 TDs last year, one on a gadget play.  Beasley showed nothing and we really need him this year.  I think Clayborne was a lot better than people give him credit for and Poe was at least another force to be reconned with in the interior.

2016 was its own thing.  Each year is different.  I think we'll be good but I don't think anyone should get too carried away just yet.  We could be great but only time will tell.

Osiruz and Max like this

He's got a point. When you look at last night's game the QB was inaccurate. The line was almost not even there. There were a few good runs, but come on, and the skillet hands? Yea if we start the team we saw last night we are in trouble. Should cut them all. 

Also what was Gase doing last night running hurry up for the dolphins most of the game?

Osiruz likes this

Q: Is the OPs statement an overreaction?

A: Yes

Q: Is the pile-on by the rest of TATF over-the-Top? 

A: Yes 

Jacksonville is by far the best defense in the NFL but our offensive line got throttled and that was our “ones” out there against Jags D-Line so it was supposed to be “good-on-good”.

Falcons start the season against a stout Eagles front four, hopefully we have our big boy pants on for that game.

PokerSteve and Osiruz like this

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

I keep saying that the dropped passes are still a problem and everyone thinks I'm overreacting. How many did Davis drop last night? You play like you practice. And we've looked like crap in practice. Even the starters.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Is it me or do some of our fanbase want to be mired in mediocrity.

Heaven forbid we are good what would they have to complain about then.

Are some more of these nancies so used too being bad moaning is almost like there most enjoyable part of being a fan of a good team.

Nail on the head. Granted the **** show this team has been the majority of its history it’s almost understandable 

kiwifalcon and PokerSteve like this

11 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

C’mon Osiruz,  break that viscous cycle of negativism man! :)

I am positive about the defense, highly skeptical about the offense. I want them to prove it.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I am positive about the defense, highly skeptical about the offense. I want them to prove it.

Good deal.  They’ll game plan, use all their weapons & ratchet this thing up in regular season bro.  Real tough test Thursday though.

PokerSteve likes this

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

Do you think we will throw a pass to Logan Paulsen as our first play vs the Eagles?  

With no JJ or Free playing, it is hard to judge the offense.  What is (still) very concerning is all the **** drops and Ryan still throwing behind receivers instead of leading them with a pass.  Get those two things cleaned up and the offense will be fine.