OFFICIAL Falcons vs Dolphins Preseason Game Thread

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Alright Im going to say this once everyone. These guys playing now will not be in a Falcons jersey come next week. At most there may be 2-3 players from all the people playing right now and they will be game day inactives.

They will be bagging groceries as the old saying goes. 

52 minutes ago, fuego said:

How come it's the Falcons that always looks like crap in preseason and not the other team? We're always the ones having to make excuses (it's only the preseason, it doesn't matter) while the other teams' fans get to talk about how good their team looks. 

Now don't get me wrong. It IS preseason and it DOESN'T matter. But it sure would be nice to play decently anyway. 

You need good coaches for that.

4 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

No special teams is not made up of these players. There are 22 players on the field right now, the Falcons need to cut 36 players. All 22 may be gone by Saturday. Special team starters are not the guys playing now. 

Still doesn’t answer how Miami has 24 points and we can’t manage to stop them or score.  We should at least be able to field a competitive team.

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Still doesn’t answer how Miami has 24 points and we can’t manage to stop them or score.  We should at least be able to field a competitive team.

We can, we are more competitive when it matters and that's all that matters.

Again it doens't matter. We can't field a competitive all cut team because Dan Quinn and TD don't care.

9 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

That literally does not answer my question at all.  Special teams is made up of some of these guys that are playing.  We’ve been gawd awful on special teams for about 3 years now.  

And what does it say about our coaches that they can’t get these scrubs to perform, but the other team’s seem to be able to at least look competent?

Do we not care about them?

They aren't going to be on the roster. Chris Lammons. Marcelis Branch. Who out there is going to be on special teams? Be serious and name me 11 guys who would really make the roster and be active on gameday that's playing right now. 

26 minutes ago, vel said:

We literally went to the SB and the divisional round of the playoffs the last two seasons after winning exactly 0 preseason games. That's what it says. 

For the LAST TIME people we were 3-1 in the preseason in 2016, NOT 1-3 or 0-4! We went 2-2 in 1998. The Falcons went 0-4 last year but we were WAY more competitive in last year's 0-4 campaign than this year's and we still ended up having struggles throughout 2017. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

They aren't going to be on the roster. Chris Lammons. Marcelis Branch. Who out there is going to be on special teams? Be serious and name me 11 guys who would really make the roster and be active on gameday that's playing right now. 

Exactly. I have no clue what they think today is about? Most of the 53 is already in place. There will be about 2/3 guys playing today that actually make the 53 or the PS. Most of the guys not playing pretty much made the squad. And there a good bit of backups that didn’t play.