Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atljbo

RT Matt Gono, MLB Jonathan Celestin, and DT Justin Zimmer

25 posts in this topic

These are 3 UDFA (even tho zimmer wasnt a this year UDFA) that has shown some  signs and i hope all 3  show out tonight

6'4 305 RT Matt Gono

The guy is Ultra Athletic with the potential to be a future starter in this League

6'1 232 MLB Jonathan Celestin

As a guy who we signed wayyyyy later then the other UDFA.... He has came in and looked good.... We need some young depth... He could prove to be the guy

6'3 292lbs DT  Justin Zimmer

This dudes tools are everything we (as in me) loved about Taven Bryan .... I was ready for a a young D-Lineman to show up and Zimmer have... I would love to see what Coach Quinn and the DLine coaches can do with a talented guy like him.

Zimmer and Gono are the kind of players we need for the future. With Grady and Matthews getting paid, we'll need to find quality, inexpensive OT/DT in the draft/udfa. I think they all make the team. Positionally, they should all have a leg up on their WR competition for the last roster spots.

I think all three make the roster.  Here is How:

Position Starter Backup Third String  
QB Matt Ryan Matt Schaub   2
RB Devonta Freeman Tevin Coleman Ito Smith  
FB Ricky Ortiz Jalston Fowler   5
WR Julio Jones Calvin Ridley Russell Gage  
WR Mohamed Sanu Justin Hardy Marvin Hall 6
TE Austin Hooper Logan Paulsen Eric Saubert 3
LT Jake Matthews Ty Sambrailo    
LG Andy Levitre Matt Gono    
C Alex Mack Ben Garland    
RG Brandon Fusco Wes Schweitzer    
RT Ryan Schraeder     9
DE Takkarist McKinley Derrick Shelby    
DE Vic Beasley Brooks Reed    
DT Grady Jarrett Deadrin Senat    
DT Terrell McClain Jack Crawford Justin Zimmer 9
OLB Foye Oluokun Duke Riley    
MLB Deion Jones Kemal Ishmael (S)    
OLB De'Vondre Campbell Jonathan Celestin   6
CB Desmond Trufant Justin Bethel    
CB Isaiah Oliver Blidi Wreh-Wilson    
CB Robert Alford Brian Poole    
FS Ricardo Allen Damontae Kazee    
SS Keanu Neal Ron Parker   10
K Matt Bryant      
P Matt Bosher      
KR Calvin Ridley      
PR Russell Gage      
LS Josh Harris     3
mtldirtybird, jdawg4876 and sdogg like this

18 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

C Alex Mack Ben Garland    
RT Ryan Schraeder     9
K Matt Bryant      
P Matt Bosher      
KR Calvin Ridley      
PR Russell Gage      
LS Josh Harris     3

ours look exactly the same except I got us keeping reggie davis over zimmer purely bc of special teams an he knows our system after two yrs. but we coul coul keep both if only we keep one fb. like I said this was one of the easier rosters to put together untill you get to the last 5 spots are so.

for example do you keep harlow bc you believe he can compete next yr after andy is gone, or do you try and stash him on the practice squad.

I actually like our dts. I do think a combo of senat and McClaine will help keep debo and company clean to make tackles against the run. than in the nascar package crawford will help push the pocket with grady.

What im more nervous about is our de group and I like them all including shelby, I just think we need an extra rotational pass rusher. but the more I think about it the more I think campbell is getting a lot of rush snaps. imagine 3rd and 11 takk,crawford,grady,and beasley with campbell coming of the side with takk. deion and neal watching the middle of the field. alford and trufant guarding the outside sticks and either allen or kazee in the slot along with  either allen or kazee playing deep. I like that a lot

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

These are 3 UDFA (even tho zimmer wasnt a this year UDFA) that has shown some  signs and i hope all 3  show out tonight

6'4 305 RT Matt Gono

The guy is Ultra Athletic with the potential to be a future starter in this League

As a guy who we signed wayyyyy later then the other UDFA.... He has came in and looked good.... We need some young depth... He could prove to be the guy

This dudes tools are everything we (as in me) loved about Taven Bryan .... I was ready for a a young D-Lineman to show up and Zimmer have... I would love to see what Coach Quinn and the DLine coaches can do with a talented guy like him.

I don't trust anyone of these guys to be stashed on the PS..I'd like to see these guys make the team especially gono

Hurry_Up_And_Buy and atljbo like this

4 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I don't trust anyone of these guys to be stashed on the PS..I'd like to see these guys make the team especially gono

Gono will definitely be a starter someday soon. He stood out to me the most as well as the other two if not more so.

How can Gono look good vs Dee Ford but get beat around the Corner vs a dude who is not making the Dolphins roster

5 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Gono will definitely be a starter someday soon. He stood out to me the most as well as the other two if not more so.

Gono was horrible tonight!!!

Gono could still be kept in one form or another to develop.

some of you guys are brutal lol. UDFA that came in to be developed.

4 hours ago, atljbo said:

How can Gono look good vs Dee Ford but get beat around the Corner vs a dude who is not making the Dolphins roster

Perhaps Dee Ford played down to Gono & Gono played down to the dude he faced from the Fins.

20 minutes ago, k-train said:

Perhaps Dee Ford played down to Gono & Gono played down to the dude he faced from the Fins.

To be fair to Gono played a different position tonight then he played most of the preseason.  He played opposite side i think it was the left this game compared to the right last game so he might just be more comfortable over there playing from that side and was just trying to see how versatile he was this game playing out of his comfort level.

12 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

C Alex Mack Ben Garland    
RT Ryan Schraeder     9
K Matt Bryant      
P Matt Bosher      
KR Calvin Ridley      
PR Russell Gage      
LS Josh Harris     3

1)  You've got to make a decision on ONE Fullback... that opens a roster spot...possibly DE Jacob Tuiloti-Mariner

2) If Gono makes it, Sambraillo is expendable... replace him with Jamil Douglas

3) Profit

6 hours ago, atljbo said:

Quality of the guys around him?  Gono fits in well with competent players around him, but looks bad when surrounded by people maybe that are not doing their jobs well enough that he has to compensate?

8 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Quality of the guys around him?  Gono fits in well with competent players around him, but looks bad when surrounded by people maybe that are not doing their jobs well enough that he has to compensate?

Andy Levitre syndrome.

I remember how many here wanted to run him out of town, but the truth was he just had a guy next to him in Person that had never played center before, so Levitre had to do his own job AND help Person try to not get blown up on every play. Once Alex Mack got here, Levitre was back to being an very competent guard like he had been in the past.

15 hours ago, atljbo said:

I still feel like we need to be on the hunt for a outside rusher

Oh yes we are thin there. 

Of the guys highlighted in this thread, Celestin is the only one I'd consider on the 53.  He was not great last night but he's been the most consistent and had the least amount of time to get acclimated.  The others are PS material.  I would not be mad if the Falcons sniffed the waiver wire as last night was not cute for our deep depth LBs.

20 hours ago, atljbo said:

6'4 305 RT Matt Gono

Based on last nights performance. The only one of the above mentioned that has a a slight chance of sucess is Celestin. And he might be PS material. However G. Smith, E. Ellerbee, M.William, and J. Cunningham could all have some sucess.         :slick:

10 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

1)  You've got to make a decision on ONE Fullback... that opens a roster spot...possibly DE Jacob Tuiloti-Mariner

2) If Gono makes it, Sambraillo is expendable... replace him with Jamil Douglas

3) Profit

2) problem here would be too  little backup OT --Gono would be only one--don't won't to put all hopes in an UDFA this season.  Douglas would add a 3 Backup interior OL  but 1 swing  T --Gono ain't Svitek

1 hour ago, delaigle said:

2) problem here would be too  little backup OT --Gono would be only one--don't won't to put all hopes in an UDFA this season.  Douglas would add a 3 Backup interior OL  but 1 swing  T --Gono ain't Svitek

Good point, which means if they keep Gono, then Sambrailo is not expendable. The Falcons need some prospects to develop, since their OL is aging pretty fast. I say they keep both, even with Gono's performance last night.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this