UnrealfalcoN

Matt Ryan's Stats

72 posts in this topic

Can you guys share any statistics that is proof that Matt Ryan has been one of the top 5 QBs in the last decade and is making an impact on ALL-TIME lists. Most here agree that Matt has the HOF numbers that he is building on that can prove his position among the best. He obviously isn't in the Brady, Brees, Manning level. But his numbers definitely place him between the rest. I'm trying to compile these stats and can use some help to compile them :).

Some stats I know are

  •  He is the fastest QB to reach 40,000 Yards in history
  • Has more Yards that Rodgers in the same time frame both started playing
  • Has led his team to a NFC championship or SB when his Receivers aren't in the Top-5 in dropped passes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Quarterbacks are measured by Lombardis. 

As they should be. 

 

I don't know if that's 100% true though.

 

People like to label Aaron Rodgers as the goat with Brady, but he only has 1 SB ring and Brady has 5.

 

If that is the case, then Rodgers should be nowhere near that discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I don't know if that's 100% true though.

 

People like to label Aaron Rodgers as the goat with Brady, but he only has 1 SB ring and Brady has 5.

 

If that is the case, then Rodgers should be nowhere near that discussion.

Matt Ryan has... 

 

tenor-1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falcon Man™ said:

It takes 2 rings to be considered great. 

Period. 

1 can be a fluke.

Twice confirms. 

A-Aron the fluke. Ryan winning the 28-3 game wouldn't even matter. LUL nice troll

AlabamaFalconFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falcon Man™ said:

It takes 2 rings to be considered great. 

Period. 

1 can be a fluke.

Twice confirms. 

 

Not really.

 

Peyton Manning would've still been one of the all-time greats with just his 1st ring. His arm was pretty much dead when he got his 2nd one.

 

Terry Bradshaw has 4 and Troy Aikman has 3. No one is even considering them as all-time greats, just great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Can you guys share any statistics that is proof that Matt Ryan has been one of the top 5 QBs in the last decade and is making an impact on ALL-TIME lists. Most here agree that Matt has the HOF numbers that he is building on that can prove his position among the best. He obviously isn't in the Brady, Brees, Manning level. But his numbers definitely place him between the rest. I'm trying to compile these stats and can use some help to compile them :).

Some stats I know are

  •  He is the fastest QB to reach 40,000 Yards in history
  • Has more Yards that Rodgers in the same time frame both started playing
  • Has led his team to a NFC championship or SB when his Receivers aren't in the Top-5 in dropped passes.

 

I disagree with Brees being up there with Brady and Manning. The Bradys and Mannings and Montanas and Marinos are past the stratosphere. The Brees and Rodgers are in the level below that. Then you have your Matt Ryans and such. In any event, I agree with something Shannon Sharpe said a year and a half ago. He said that Ryan should have two SB appearances with at least one ring. This is true. All of that notwithstanding, Ryan needs a ring, though. 

Anyway, Ryan is not "elite" or "great". He is above average. That is my fair, unbiased view.

Edited by Halcon-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I don't know if that's 100% true though.

 

People like to label Aaron Rodgers as the goat with Brady, but he only has 1 SB ring and Brady has 5.

 

If that is the case, then Rodgers should be nowhere near that discussion.

Aaron Rodgers definitely should not be mentioned in the same convo as Brady FWIW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I disagree with Brees being up there with Brady and Manning. The Bradys and Mannings and Montanas and Marinos are past the stratosphere. The Brees and Rodgers are in the level below that. Then you have your Matt Ryans and such. In any event, I agree with something Shannon Sharpe said a year and a half ago. He said that Ryan should have two SB appearances with at least one ring. This is true. All of that notwithstanding, Ryan needs a ring, though. 

Anyway, Ryan is not "elite" or "great". He is above average. That is my fair, unbiased view.

I'll agree that NONE of those QBs were transcendent beings who carried a whole team to win a SB. Brady got lucky with the greatest coach of all time and some pretty good defenses. 

Brees, Aaron and Peyton needed some REALLY good defenses to put them over the hump. 

I'll agree that Brees needed both a genius playcaller AND a defense to finally win it all, but you cannot deny his individual accomplishments, even though winning wasn't one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, me4falcons said:

Well Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and, Nick Foles should be talked about as being great.

Wtf? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Not really.

 

Peyton Manning would've still been one of the all-time greats with just his 1st ring. His arm was pretty much dead when he got his 2nd one.

 

Terry Bradshaw has 4 and Troy Aikman has 3. No one is even considering them as all-time greats, just great.

Great is the word I used. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

A-Aron the fluke. Ryan winning the 28-3 game wouldn't even matter. LUL nice troll

How does this statement make any sense based on my post? 

WTH? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Quarterbacks are measured by Lombardis. 

As they should be. 

How? It's a team sport. If that were the case we'd only ever see P. Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees in the SB.

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

It takes 2 rings to be considered great. 

Period. 

1 can be a fluke.

Twice confirms. 

Idk about that. Eli's are both kinda fluky. He's the one exception to your rule though that I can think about. 

Falcon Man™ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now