Scott1988

Saints acquire Teddy Bridgewater

148 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I was fan of his like many of you, but he’s been a disappointment since getting into the NFL. Mediocre at the very best. 

My thoughts exactly. Never understood the hype for him. Just don't see it.

3 hours ago, Saintsalltheway said:

Remember the last time the Saints went after a qb that experts said were damaged goods. Turned out to be one of the greatest to ever play the position. Drew and Teddy have allot in common, both have an extremely good work ethic both are students of the game and have great leadership qualities. 

Except Brees is way more talented than Bridgewater ever dreamed of.

3 hours ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

What the **** makes the Saints think they are in a position to win now? Their defense is questionable. QB is aging (which may be the point). WRs are meh outside of Michael Thomas. I guess they have Kamara who did well as a rook but we will see if it maintains. They just blew a 1st round pick on Davenport. That just doesn’t make sense. They aren’t even favored to win the division. The Falcons are by wide margin. Falcons should have a top 5 D. Saints suck on D.

Finally a voice of reason. I was thinking the same thing. I see a window closing for Brees...but not a Super Bowl window by any stretch fo the imagination.

3 hours ago, Saintsalltheway said:

Saying the Falcons are favorites to win the division is debatable, allot of experts have the Saints winning it also. Our defence is not as bad as it once was especially with Lattimore, Jordan and Marcus William's playing great ball. Davenport showed in the game against the chargers why we drafted him. He is raw but has exceptional talent.

I agree that no team is a lock to win the Division. That being said, Saints don't have a 3rd place schedule this year and I believe the defense is tremendously overrated. We shall see.

Not worried about it. A team that hasnt had a legit starting QB in 10 years just let him go for a 3rd rounder.

Then again, that can be seen as scary as well...it is the Jets after all.

4 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

He stood our beating our *** one day.

You mean the game where the Falcons lost 3 Olinemen in one half and Toilolo was forced to play tackle? In a year when Bierman was expected to provide the pass rush?

Or the one where he threw for 174 yards, no TD and a pick?

5 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

If him having ZERO touchdowns frightens you, I don’t know what to tell you

Louisville is my alma mater(home)and TB was terrific for us. Anyone that doesn't think he was good in College is blind...legit Heisman candidate his last year.   He is a solid QB in the pros for a run/defense team.

Yet, when he puts on that Saints jersey, I wish him nothing but a loss. I would have liked Atlanta to sign him.

Class act.

6 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

174 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, -3 rushing yards, 72.6 rating.

Um...no. He did not.

Looking back over my years, I guess I shedded some tears.

Told myself time and time again, this time I'm gonna win.

But another fight, things ain't right; I'm losing again.

Take a fool to lose twice, and start all over again....  

THINK I BETTER LET IT GO!!!!!

:slick:

FalconsFor6 and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, B3TD said:

Yeah, except if you spent the pick on a QB, you would have him secured for 4 years for cheap. The pick was instead spent to retain Bridgewater for just one year. 

Whether they can afford to keep him while still paying Brees, that's a whole different question and cost that they're gonna have to pay in addition to the pick.

Regardless, the third round pick just bought you an expensive one year insurance policy.

At least one year. It may have bought us life after Brees. Gonna take more than this year to know.

17 hours ago, g-dawg said:

you aren't getting a 3rd round comp pick for a NON-star player who has been injured more than he has played and was never a star.  Come On, Larry!

The only way you get a 3rd rounder for Teddy would be if Brees goes down early and Bridgewater balls out the entire year.

You're undervaluing the QB market and misrepresenting Bridgewater's career and skillset. 

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

You're undervaluing the QB market and misrepresenting Bridgewater's career and skillset. 

Not at all.

15 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

If him having ZERO touchdowns frightens you, I don’t know what to tell you

My only real point is that he did well in one stat that matters most. It doesn't disprove your broader point, but we Falcons fans can't throw too much shade on him without acknowledging that he did kick our *** for a day.

Actually, overall, I think he's a pretty good starting caliber QB. Not a top 10 one yet, but maybe one day. I'd be shocked to ever see him in the top 5.

16 hours ago, falconidae said:

You mean the game where the Falcons lost 3 Olinemen in one half and Toilolo was forced to play tackle? In a year when Bierman was expected to provide the pass rush?

Or the one where he threw for 174 yards, no TD and a pick?

The latter one.

18 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

My only real point is that he did well in one stat that matters most. It doesn't disprove your broader point, but we Falcons fans can't throw too much shade on him without acknowledging that he did kick our *** for a day.

Actually, overall, I think he's a pretty good starting caliber QB. Not a top 10 one yet, but maybe one day. I'd be shocked to ever see him in the top 5.

You can praise that all day long but in the end he’s not the first nor last average qb to beat the falcons, especially with a stout defense. That one game doesn’t stop me from speaking my opinion on him or any other qb at all. Especially knowing the falcons history of dropping games to average to below average qbs 

then I saw mentions of him being a heisman runner up. That doesn’t mean a thing. I can go on and on about all of the heisman winner failures when it comes to the nfl. Bridgewater will get no playing time for the next year or 2 then he’s gonna have to prove his worth. His stats will be overly inflated because of the air it our offense they have. That’s not a great thing for him either because teams will figure him out fast

On 8/30/2018 at 9:24 AM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

There's an awful lot of not-so-great evaluation goin on this thead....

And that would make it different than every other thread on this site how?