Scott1988

Saints acquire Teddy Bridgewater

148 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Pretty smart move by the Saints. More or less a free option season. 

Trade a 3 and either acquire a potential future starter or, if it doesnt work out well, let him walk and get the 3rd back as a comp pick. 

Well played. 

Yeah, I hate saying anything nice about the Saints, but this really does look like a smart move on their part.

Obviously Bridgewater isn't on the same level as Brees, but he can likely give them a few years of competitiveness should Brees hang it up after this season.

That means they can take some time drafting & grooming the right player as a long-term solution at QB while still having someone at QB who can keep them in games & not totally waste the prime years of guys like Kamara, Ingram, Thomas, etc. on guys who are total question marks at QB.

Iron Saint likes this

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Kinda answers my unasked question...

Does anyone else not see Bridgewater as anything special?

I would be lying if I said I can understand the reactions. I can understand the potential starter comments due to half the league having extremely young qbs who haven’t had much success but other than that, this trade isn’t anything special at all

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I would be lying if I said I can understand the reactions. I can understand the potential starter comments due to half the league having extremely young qbs who haven’t had much success but other than that, this trade isn’t anything special at all

Loomised? :slick:

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Some of my exact thoughts.  To me he is the epitome of a "Game Manager".  His stats don't jump off the page when you see them.  He was the product of Pigtrino's offense at Louisville.

Kinda wish he could've landed somewhere else for his sake. He should be starting or pushing to start for a Qb needy team. Miami would've been perfect. It's his home town, plus Tannenhill is a whole Def Comedy joke under center.

Iron Saint likes this

42 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

meh. never saw anything I liked from him at Louisville. Certainly hasn't stood out when healthy as a pro.

except for when he starts against us

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

3rd for Bridgewater who is starting calibre. If he works out thaey have at least a stopgap at the position after Brees if not they release him in the offseason and receive a comp pick. This was a great trade by their F.O.

56 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Pretty smart move by the Saints. More or less a free option season. 

Trade a 3 and either acquire a potential future starter or, if it doesnt work out well, let him walk and get the 3rd back as a comp pick. 

Well played. 

you aren't getting a 3rd round comp pick for a NON-star player who has been injured more than he has played and was never a star.  Come On, Larry!

The only way you get a 3rd rounder for Teddy would be if Brees goes down early and Bridgewater balls out the entire year.

The Daywalker and RiseUpFalcs like this

58 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I was fan of his like many of you, but he’s been a disappointment since getting into the NFL. Mediocre at the very best. 

55 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

which is perfect for him taking over as saints starter next season.. mediocrity 

53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

meh. never saw anything I liked from him at Louisville. Certainly hasn't stood out when healthy as a pro.

Which is exactly what they were saying about Brees before Payton.  

Iron Saint and FuhRealDoh like this

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

o youre right, the world is over. Teddy will now be our new Daddy.. 

please gtfo with your glass empty attitude. its not even half empty its just empty 

RiseUpFalcs and papachaz like this

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

lol if you're afraid of him that's on you

39 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Loomised? :slick:

that has a certain 'vulgar' ring to it. kudos my man, kudos  :tiphat:

as it's very appropriate considering the stench of that city

PokerSteve likes this