Dirtybird3

36mil/yr for Arod

75 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

JJ will definitely be gone after the season. The relationship between player & organization is fractured. They should've just paid him accordingly.

sooo, you're obviously pushing for more votes huh.....

because you apparently didn't read or see where TD and DQ both said they knew all along Julio was not going to skip camp. And let's not forget that part where the team owner said Julio will be a Falcon for life....

and let's not forget that you 'agreed' with jedi saying Ryan will pull the 'I want an adjustment' crap next year, which is totally a jedi type thing to say, and NOT a Matt Ryan thing to say, and even at that jedi screwed it up, because if his insinuation was that Matt will duplicate Julio's actions, it wouldn't be until after the SECOND year of the contract....

I guess what I'm thinking I should advise you is, never go full Jedi.....and agreeing with his ridiculousness is basically the same as going full Jedi....

kiwifalcon and falconidae like this

3 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Let's not forget that Aaron Rodgers is literally the best QB in the NFL.  Matt is good enough to be a franchise QB but he's not on Rodgers level.  Matt is basically a more proven Kirk Cousins.

Matt has more yards than Rodgers in the same timeframe yet Matt's been playing since his rookie year. 

Without a good defense, Rodgers hasn't accomplished anything in the league either lol.

It's $33.5 million per year in new money. 

The $36 million number must be coming from thinking it's $180 million total over 5 years, but it's over 6 years, so effectively it's $30 million per year going forward.

It's still a pretty good jump from Ryan's $30 million per year in new money, but honestly pretty reasonable for an extension that "starts" in 2020.

4 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Let's not forget that Aaron Rodgers is literally the best QB in the NFL.  Matt is good enough to be a franchise QB but he's not on Rodgers level.  Matt is basically a more proven Kirk Cousins.

you trippin' bro . . . take a nap

3 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

please stfu lol None of that is happening with ryan. Ryan has never once asked for an adjustment. its always been known that he will play and re up in the final year 

the same thing was said about Julio. . .  I remember ppl slobbing over how "humble" and "team-oriented" fans perceived him to be. As soon as he got the "a" and the "d" for adjustment out of his mouth, this board went to ****.

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

I have spent the last few minutes going back and forth between which of you is a bigger doofus, one for typing that garbage, or the other for agreeing.

my conclusion, based on deductive reasoning, is I'm going to have to start a thread with a poll attached, with both of these ridiculous posts in it...

that sounds like a plan charles :D

papachaz likes this

2 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Matt has more yards than Rodgers in the same timeframe yet Matt's been playing since his rookie year. 

Without a good defense, Rodgers hasn't accomplished anything in the league either lol.

Hard to gauge given how many games Rodgers has missed due to injury

1 hour ago, PK Manley said:

It's $33.5 million per year in new money. 

The $36 million number must be coming from thinking it's $180 million total over 5 years, but it's over 6 years, so effectively it's $30 million per year going forward.

It's still a pretty good jump from Ryan's $30 million per year in new money, but honestly pretty reasonable for an extension that "starts" in 2020.

It’s also groundbreaking in that Rodgers will receive 60 of the 100 mil guaranteed before the end of the calendar year and 20 more of it before St Patrick’s Day. He’s only getting 23 mil guaranteed over the last 5 years of the deal. 

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

They double dipped at corner this year like we did a few years ago. They're actually not too bad of a team when it comes to that just had some bad years. Similar to us.

They may have addressed corner, but they are talent deficient in other places but namely pass rusher and pass catchers. The packers as a team do not scare me at all outside of Rodgers and lately, DQ has had his number. 

54 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It’s also groundbreaking in that Rodgers will receive 60 of the 100 mil guaranteed before the end of the calendar year and 20 more of it before St Patrick’s Day. He’s only getting 23 mil guaranteed over the last 5 years of the deal. 

Well, Matt is getting ~$55 million this year between signing bonus, base salary and a small option bonus, and he'll get another $10 million in an option bonus before St. Patrick's Day. 

$94 million vs $103 million guaranteed.

It's a significant increase, but it doesn't really blow the old benchmark out of the water like it sounds today, particularly since it's an extension for two years out from now instead of one.

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

hmmm, getting the bulk of his record setting contract in the first few years, with it dwindling off the last part of the term. man does that sound familiar, let me think........

I guess in two years he'll be holding out for an 'adjustment' :ninja:

NeonDeion likes this

6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

hmmm, getting the bulk of his record setting contract in the first few years, with it dwindling off the last part of the term. man does that sound familiar, let me think........

:yikes:

papachaz likes this

17 minutes ago, papachaz said:

:lol:

papachaz likes this

Aaron Rodgers is the highest-paid quarterback in the world.

On Wednesday, Rodgers finalized a new deal that guarantees him $103 million and will keep the 34-year-old in Green Bay through 2023. Rodgers kept his promise to deliver details of the news to former Packers receiver James Jones, who now works for NFL Network and was the first to report the impressive details. ESPN says the deal can be worth up to $180 million. Rodgers will receive $67 million before the end of the year and an additional $13 million before next spring. He joins Matt Ryan as the only other player on a contract worth $100 million guaranteed, though Ryan’s deal is for five years and maxes out at $150 million.

11 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Expect Packers / Falcons game to get prime time slot.

2 highest paid QBs - MVP caliber 

Its gonna be a cracker!!!

No way in **** they are taking Steelers/Raiders off Sunday night. They won't even move it to 4pm because Eagles/Cowboys are at 4.

Regardless of records, this game stays at 1pm.

19 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Ha, yeouch!  Begrudgingly, another QB in the northeast may be better.