Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcon Man™

Alshon Jeffery to miss first 2 games of season

26 posts in this topic

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/28/report-alshon-jeffery-will-miss-at-least-the-first-two-games/

Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery’s injured shoulder will keep him out at least the first two games of the season, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. The team, though, is expected to activate him to the 53-player roster this weekend with hopes that Jeffery can return by Week Three.

The Eagles’ first two games are against the Falcons and the Buccaneers.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said earlier Tuesday that Jeffery is “progressing well” but offered no guarantees that the receiver would return for the season opener.

Jeffery is on the physically unable to perform list and would miss six games if he remained on the list after final cutdowns Saturday.

Jeffery played through his shoulder injury last season, catching 57 passes for 789 yards and nine touchdowns in his first season with the Eagles. He had offseason surgery to repair the injury.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Jeffery is a big loss for the Eagles. The defense needs to come ready to ball next week.  I have a feeling it will take the offense a few weeks to get completely in sync and the Eagles always man handle our line.  It could very likely be another low-scoring affair.   

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I think this was already mentioned a few weeks ago, but I could be wrong.  BTW...am I the only one who isn't scared of Alshon Jeffrey?

He's definitely overrated.  He is 4-years removed from his 1,000 yard season w/ Chi.  But Philly is really thin at WR behind him and Agholor.  I guess Ertz is really their WR1 anyways.

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

HUGE loss for them. That along with Foles or Wentz is a bad thing for their offense. Just hope the Falcons take advantage and start strong

Yep.  They are effectively down their WR1 and WR2 with Alshon out and Torrey going to Carolina.  They did add Wheaton and Wallace of course, but lol.

Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

8 hours ago, athell said:

Yep.  They are effectively down their WR1 and WR2 with Alshon out and Torrey going to Carolina.  They did add Wheaton and Wallace of course, but lol.

Oh god we're in deep now!

Angie Hodapp â Geeking out on random facts and useless ...

Wally Cleaver

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

HUGE loss for them. That along with Foles or Wentz is a bad thing for their offense. Just hope the Falcons take advantage and start strong

No need to feel sorry for them, go out there and tear them apart!

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

No need to feel sorry for them, go out there and tear them apart!

No sympathy at all, I just know the falcons can go full romo next Thursday lol

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

ain't that the truth...I almost expect it, but then I could also see another GB domination. 

Pederson and the coaching tree he comes from just seems to own Quinn's soul

ya_boi_j likes this

I think it's hilarious how the Eagles are trying to play coy about the starting QB. It's a week from Week One and they think Wentz is really going to play and be effective. Throw in missing his #1 WR and that makes no sense. Foles will be starting without Jeffrey. That puts a lot of pressure on Agholor and Wallace to step up. I'll put my money on Tru and Alford. 

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gucci???

I need a translation. What does going  Tony Romo mean? :o

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Gucci???

I need a translation. What does going  Tony Romo mean? :o

You know how Romo always choked in big situations. 

Alshon Jeffrey, like DeMarco Murray's last year in Dallas, had one year where he was able to stay healthy and live up to his potential. It was only a matter of time before he missed more games. Philly not being able to throw the ball should limit them, especially if our line gets after it. It'll be a hoss fight. But if we can get Matt some time, I trust our offense to score on their defense more times than their offense can score on ours. Unless Keanu does another tuck jump and knees the ball into the opponents' hands again.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You know how Romo always choked in big situations. 

Oh ok... You young hippity hop kids always come up with something new!

and PS. Get off of my lawn! :argh:

lmao

1 hour ago, jfalconsp said:

So they’re down their #1 WR, #1 LB, and probably #1 QB. That’s rough.

Phunny... I don’t have a problem with any of that and find none of that rough. B)

15 hours ago, notthatcool said:

double digits 

I think if it is, it won't be much more than 10.

I think it's going to closer to a 6 point game.