Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

⚡Slumerican⚡

Fusco to start at Rt Guard

66 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

It would not surprise me at all if Ben Garland is cut. He can be let go with no dead money.

He struggled against KC and didn't play against Jacksonville. I don't think he's been that much better than Harlow or Douglass - at least not 3M dollars better.

Easy now, hes a hero round these parts. His name will ring through these halls forever due to the wilson sack in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is going to have a huge impact on the mechanics of the offense.

Can you elaborate please sir? I sense he will make our run gm better which will help playaction.

Falx likes this

could it wind up like this?

Matthews   Sambrailo

Levitre

Mack  Schweitzer

Fusco

Schraeder    Gono

just 8 OL---seems a little drastic

Garland  Pasztor  CUT

Harlow  Douglas   on PS 

Bruinskilll  PS/CUT???

1 minute ago, delaigle said:

Matthews   Sambrailo

Levitre

Mack  Schweitzer

Fusco

Schraeder    Gono

Garland  Pasztor  CUT

Harlow  Douglas   on PS 

Bruinskilll  PS/CUT???

Garland going back to defense.. Meet our new run stuffer 

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Garland going back to defense.. Meet our new run stuffer 

Well good bye Senat thanks for stopping by.

I mean you getta keep Crawford and McClain  --right???

red falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Matthews   Sambrailo

Levitre

Mack  Schweitzer

Fusco

Schraeder    Gono

Garland  Pasztor  CUT

Harlow  Douglas   on PS 

Bruinskilll  PS/CUT???

I'm not sure Jamil Douglas is still eligible for the practice squad since the rules state a player can only be on the PS for three seasons.

He spent 2015 on the Dolphins PS
He spent 2016 on the Patriots PS
He spent 2017 on our PS

56 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

It would not surprise me at all if Ben Garland is cut. He can be let go with no dead money.

He struggled against KC and didn't play against Jacksonville. I don't think he's been that much better than Harlow or Douglass - at least not 3M dollars better.

Garland broke up with a nice girl whose family I know - so "F" him!

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Played center against Jacksonville's starting defense - I think Mack only played one series.. Probably was one of the reasons the protections were breaking down.

Thanks. I didn't see that game. I knew he played tackle in college, but didn't know he could also fill in at center.

1 hour ago, delaigle said:

More concerned about what it means for Garland

Schweitzer SWING Guard AND backup center 

--that's basically what Garland has been the last 2 years

I thought Garland was back up center

Well that was the plan all along. Fusco looked good but props to Wes also for stepping up and giving him a battle. I now have confidence in him to step in if we ever need him.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

If he's not the swing guard or back up center as DQ suggested, it seems hard to justify.

Three million for a back up to the back-up? Nope.

rugger8 likes this

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is going to have a huge impact on the mechanics of the offense.

What are a few of the main differences you see coming with Fusco now the starter, PMF?

either harlow or garland make the the team. I dont see us keeping less than 9 lineman in fact this is one of the easiest 50 man rosters that I think we have had, the last 3 spots are the only ones left open to me

qbs-2

wrs-7

rb-3

fb- 2 (i hope)

o line-9

te- 3

so offense 26

de- 4

dt- 4

lbs- 6

dbs- 6

fs- 2

ss- 2

so defense is 25

k-1

p-1

ls-1

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

Can you elaborate please sir? I sense he will make our run gm better which will help playaction.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

What are a few of the main differences you see coming with Fusco now the starter, PMF?

Schweitzer struggled mightily last season to even make the most basic blocks.  There's a reason why the offense struggled against teams that had physical interior defensive lines... like Philly or Minnesota.  It was really stark when you would see it back from some of those all-22 gifs that @Jerz used to post every week from Allen Stark (no pun intended).

I swear it felt like every other week you'd see Mack playing hero ball to come over and help get a piece of someone getting past Schweitzer about to cave in Matt's skull to just barely save the day.

Now you don't have to be overpowering in this scheme to be effective, but your guard, depending on how the defensive front is set is going to have to be able to make consistent one-on-one blocks with no help.  That block is one of the ones the runner is going to read to make his cut off of.  He doesn't have to so much maul the guy but he has to stay in front of him.  Schwietzer struggled doing that.  There were times where he straight up got manhandled and you started to see teams target that spot on the line.

Reggie White to start games used to go up and down the line looking for a Huckleberry... someone he could settle in and whip up on the whole day.  Last year our Huckleberry was on that right side.

Fusco I expect to bring a level of consistency that the Falcons just didn't have at that spot last season and it's going to free them up to now in a critical spot you don't have to worry so much about not exposing the right guard -- meaning you can only run this play and not that play because the defensive tackle is blowing our right guard two yards back, or struggling to pick up a stunt -- so we gotta run to the left or throw something quick.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Three million for a back up to the back-up? Nope.

That’s 1.5 mil to play o and 1.5 to play d-line. If that makes you feel any better. Lol

@PeytonMannings Forehead man im glad someone with some credibility said. A lot in here think wes had a good year. He and ben were on skates almost all year. People say matt had a down year and want to blame sark but our guards sucked.

And for coach to say it was a close battle, sppphhhhhh whatever.

3 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

If only they put him at NT for a full season ;)