Falcons Fan MVP

Who thinks Sark is going to prove his critics wrong and have an excellent season calling plays and being creative?

99 posts in this topic

I was watching a game and the announcer commented on 1 certain play

Game plan was excellent

play call was excellent

EXECUTION was lousy

I think that was at least 1.2 the problem last season

Sark getting better will NOT fix that 1/2   the players must

SOO Who thinks the PLAYERS will EXECUTE better this season???  WHY???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will be better than last year but not as good as KS was in his second year. So far in pre season I'm not seeing that much improvement.

We will probably be around 30 pts per game in scoring if we are lucky, won't mean much though if we are still committing stupid penalties all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the defense is going to take a big enough step that it won't matter how much the offense improves over last season. I think the Falcons are going to win a lot of 23-13 type games this year, and that's just fine by me. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I think he will be better than last year but not as good as KS was in his second year. So far in pre season I'm not seeing that much improvement.

We will probably be around 30 pts per game in scoring if we are lucky, won't mean much though if we are still committing stupid penalties all the time.

That would make it the 2nd highest scoring team in franchise history.  People would take that for sure.

I don't think the offense will be quite that good though.  I think 25 points per game would be fine. 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Wait and see mode here.  I trust Sark as far as I can throw him right now.  Average 30 points in the first 4 games, and it's a different story though.

Yup. Bad execution isn’t only on the players. Guys play like they practice and execution reflects a sloppy approach overall from the coaches on down.  KS was a perfectionist and didnt settle for “I think they got it”. Didn’t win him many friends but it sure clicked in 2016 and he’s got a track record of success. Sark is neither a perfectionist nor does he have a track record at the pro level, yet. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Wait and see mode here.  I trust Sark as far as I can throw him right now.  Average 30 points in the first 4 games, and it's a different story though.

That's not going to happen lol.

Falcons will be lucky to put up 20 against the Eagles, but I think that will be enough to get it done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Yup. Bad execution isn’t only on the players. Guys play like they practice and execution reflects a sloppy approach overall from the coaches on down.  KS was a perfectionist and didnt settle for “I think they got it”. Didn’t win him many friends but it sure clicked in 2016 and he’s got a track record of success. Sark is neither a perfectionist nor does he have a track record at the pro level, yet. 

Hitting the nail on the head.  People think he'll suddenly have a 2nd year jump like Shan, but he just doesn't have it.

EpicBird and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

That's not going to happen lol.

Falcons will be lucky to put up 20 against the Eagles, but I think that will be enough to get it done. 

20 would be enough?  Well, we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we will have one of the top 3 offenses in falcons history. Ridley will produce more this year than Gabriel did in 2016 and Coleman will be much more effective this year than in 2017.  

 

I also think that Matt Ryan will be in the MVP conversation all season long.

Edited by abstract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the question really is, are they playing more dynamic plays this year like using running backs to receive passes, more QB rollouts and whatever plays made Ryan a MVP, etc.  I haven't seen enough preseason to know.  you guys are the experts   I thought people were saying earlier that the offensive playcalling looked a lot more dynamic than last year, but people on this thread seem to be saying that's not really the case.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the offense will be better, and it will be due to fewer drops, better TE play and better OL play. Sark will get the credit while credit could be due in other places. Sarks fine, Knapps fine. We just need to be smarter about goalline situations, IMO.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

The most interesting thing about having Sark is we have an offensive coordinator that, even if he runs the offense very well, or above average, he will still not be considered a head coaching candidate ANY time soon. 

He has so much baggage with what happened in his head coaching college days, that many teams wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole right now.  For awhile there, I was sick of every one of our coordinators being considered for the next hot job opening - And this happened every single year (which happens to every good team of course). 

With Sark, I think we can have a very good offensive coordinator all to ourselves for multiple years, at the very least.  Let's just hope he blossoms into a very good offensive coordinator.

If he puts together 2 or 3 seasons fo top 5 offenses he will get attention despite any baggage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, etherdome said:

I think we will see an improvement over last season.  For those who want another Shanahan-like season, I think they will be disappointed.  

Shanny's offense put up a lot of points, but had its flaws in short yardage situations.  I am hoping for a more balanced offense that can come close to Shanny's in points, but that can possess the ball and manage the clock better.  

I wouldn't be disappointed in this result, but I don't think balanced in today's game is going to be as popular.  I could see a 65 - 35 or 60 - 40 split - pass/run though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, abstract said:

I think that we will have one of the top 3 offenses in falcons history. Ridley will produce more this year than Gabriel did in 2016 and Coleman will be much more effective this year than in 2017.  

 

I also think that Matt Ryan will be in the MVP conversation all season long.

Sounds about right to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peyton said:

I think the defense is going to take a big enough step that it won't matter how much the offense improves over last season. I think the Falcons are going to win a lot of 23-13 type games this year, and that's just fine by me. 

I would be happy with this as well.  I think you need to have both units operating at a high level, and this would definitely put both in that category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sark can call plays, matter of fact I can call plays on madden.. Sark just isn't gonna scheme players open like Kyle did and he isn't going to game plan like Kyle could.. Knapp can possibly help Sark, depending if Knapp has his eye on taking over the oc position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will be an improved office, we are already showing signs of being more explosive. I see more deep completions from the offense. Last year offense was more dink and dunk, most likely because of the problem at guard. Also if you look at the sacks allowed against the Jags it had a lot to do with no one being open also. True we had some people get beat but Matt was able to hit his drop and release on time if someone was open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Sark can call plays, matter of fact I can call plays on madden.. Sark just isn't gonna scheme players open like Kyle did and he isn't going to game plan like Kyle could.. Knapp can possibly help Sark, depending if Knapp has his eye on taking over the oc position 

Personally I don’t think Sark has enough NFL experience for us to call what he “can” or “can’t” do.  We know what he “could” or “couldn’t” do last year but no NFL offensive coordinator ever peaked in their first season.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now