Unkn0wn

Rays @ Braves

297 posts in this topic

Phillies are 3 outs away from a loss so the Braves are looking at entering tomorrow 3.5 up. This is a quick 2 game set followed by a 1 game makeup against the Cubs. Then the Pirates are in for the weekend.

Phillies defensive mistake allowed the 2 runs to score that cost them the game. Phillies now have -101 defensive runs saved. Braves a +39 in that category. As Anthopoulos said after taking over, defense matters.

Mark Bowman discussed who we might see in a few days when rosters expand. He said you shouldnt hold your breath for Riley. The 40 man roster is crowded as it is and the Braves may not feel comfortable removing someone just to add Riley for a few weeks. He said you can expect Wilson, Touki, Moylan and McCarthy. He also thinks the Braves will give a roster spot to Kyle Wright. Flaherty, Michael Reed and either Chris Stewart or Alex Jackson are his position player adds. He mentioned Wes Parsons, Dustin Peterson and Michael Reed could all be removed from the roster to make room for the likes of Austin Riley if the Braves decided to do it. Viz could also be transferred to the 60 day DL to free up a spot. It's becoming more likely he won't return this season

Malachore likes this

Hopefully we can go up by 4.5 tonight. We have missed some chances the past few weeks, but we still have a good chance this week to increase our lead.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Good problem to have but I feel like removing Moylan for Riley is a no brainer.

I believe it is more about his clock starting for Major League time than anything. If Camargo had not played as well as he has this year, we may have already seen him. He needs a little work defensively, but, he has little else to prove with the bat. His base is looking better and better, as he is recovering from his injury.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies defensive mistake allowed the 2 runs to score that cost them the game. Phillies now have -101 defensive runs saved. Braves a +39 in that category. As Anthopoulos said after taking over, defense matters.

But Harold Reynolds said a couple weeks ago that the Phillies are a good defensive team. LOL!!! :lol:

22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But Harold Reynolds said a couple weeks ago that the Phillies are a good defensive team. LOL!!! :lol:

Its funny after not paying attention to baseball analysts for years I listen to them now and they are mostly even worse. Phillies defense has been atrocious all year Phillies announcers have been saying it fans so have their fans but I somewhat thought it was just typical Philadelphians

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Yea heres where you bring up Riley cause you need a bat, screw the extra year of control, you havent won anything yet. Screw around now and lose the division or wildcard would be a shame.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Hopefully we can go up by 4.5 tonight. We have missed some chances the past few weeks, but we still have a good chance this week to increase our lead.

It's Scherzer vs Nola again. Last time they met last week, a 2 run HR off Scherzer was the game's only runs. 

21 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Its funny after not paying attention to baseball analysts for years I listen to them now and they are mostly even worse. Phillies defense has been atrocious all year Phillies announcers have been saying it fans so have their fans but I somewhat thought it was just typical Philadelphians

I don't listen to any of it. I only know that happened because someone mentioned it on Twitter.

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

It's Scherzer vs Nola again. Last time they met last week, a 2 run HR off Scherzer was the game's only runs. 

Here's to better luck this time

RING OF HONOR likes this

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t see Riley this year. 

Dansby is hitting .298/.346/.660 (1.006) in his last 14 games and is still stuck in the 8th spot. Whatever. Just one of the many reasons the Braves desperately need a new manager.

What's even more funny is that Snitker had the presence of mind to drop Albies after his protracted slump along with other guys like Flowers and Enciarte, but won't move Swanson after repeatedly doing so earlier this year. Not a defense, but the only thing I can think of is that he is scared to move Swanson because he doesnt want to upset the status quo and comfort of his recent offensive surge. I don't agree with it, but maybe that's his thinking.

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dansby is hitting .298/.346/.660 (1.006) in his last 14 games and is still stuck in the 8th spot. Whatever. Just one of the many reasons the Braves desperately need a new manager.

Maybe it's what is working for him? 

4 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

I can see Snit's line of thinking. Have someone at the bottom of the lineup who can get on base so there isn't an automatic out at 8 and 9. 

4 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

But it's not. Check out his career numbers.

• 1st = .000/.111/.000 (.111) (9 PA)
  • 2nd = .173/.190/.295 (.485) (142 PA)
  • 6th = .317/.391/.427 (.818) (92 PA)
  • 7th = .244/.300/.323 (.623) (217 PA)
  • 8th = .255/.340/.393 (.733) (622 PA)
  • 9th = .275/.296/.549 (.845) (55 PA)

His numbers batting 8th just got better thanks to his recent hot streak.

Even if you want to isolate the numbers to 2018, the story is still the same.

• 1st = .000/.000/.000 (.000) (4 PA)
  • 2nd = .208/.208/.358 (.566) (53 PA)
  • 6th = .349/.391/.465 (.856) (46 PA)
  • 7th = .211/.259/.368 (.628) (81 PA)
  • 8th = .244/.323/.415 (.738) (236 PA)
  • 9th = .300/.300/.650 (.950) (21 PA)

Based on this information available to you where should Dansby be hitting at? The clear and obvious answer is 6th.

maorifalcon likes this

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I can see Snit's line of thinking. Have someone at the bottom of the lineup who can get on base so there isn't an automatic out at 8 and 9. 

LOL!! You're giving Brian Snitker way too much credit here. He doesn't think like that. If he did he wouldn't have kept Dansby hitting 8th when over the span of 2 months he carried a .199 average.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! You're giving Brian Snitker way too much credit here. He doesn't think like that. If he did he wouldn't have kept Dansby hitting 8th when over the span of 2 months he carried a .199 average.

Maybe Snit has evolved over the past 2 months

Just now, tl;dr said:

Maybe Snit has evolved over the past 2 months

That's highly doubtful. This is the same man that hit Ender 9th for about 10 days and the Braves offense took off and then he quickly dumped it "because I don't like it." This is the same man that can't plan an inning ahead let along 2 innings ahead, 1 game ahead, 5 games ahead. ect. It's why we see the same pinch-hitter/bullpen mistakes game after game after game.