Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EightyEight

The only thing standing between the Falcons and a Super Bowl..

23 posts in this topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Weird... Vanilla scheme in the preseason... Huh.. wonder... Why.....

with our luck I bet the same plays will be used during the season. They are the same training wheels plays called last season.

43 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Weird... Vanilla scheme in the preseason... Huh.. wonder... Why.....

It didn't exactly look revolutionary in the regular season last year either. Hoping for a Shanahan-like year two turnaround but not holding my breath.

Osiruz likes this

50 minutes ago, osiruz said:

WR looking bad. We also need a real NFL OC. Offense is way too vanilla. I am sure we are using a playbook from 1976.

Sark cant catch the ball for em bro. The stuff to counter the pass rush was there they just underexecuted.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Sark cant catch the ball for em bro. The stuff to counter the pass rush was there they just underexecuted.

Schemes look like they were used by the guy who invented football lol. Not sure who the Jags OC was, but he looked more creative. We look like the same unimaginative impotent offense from last season. It's about exciting as a time out.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Schemes look like they were used by the guy who invented football lol. Not sure who the Jags OC was, but he looked more creative. We look like the same unimaginative impotent offense from last season. It's about exciting as a time out.

They ran crossing routes and screens man. Wasnt that exciting. You just ready to run steve off. Fundamentals man.

23 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Pass rush. I know we harp on rush defense but our pass rush is pathetic. 

I didn't know we had a pass rush our defence think a qb sack is something he carry his lunch in

ShadyRef likes this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Pass rush wasn’t bad

Forgive me. I know I have an untrained eye and maybe, the many years of watching average or below average qbs stand tall like Joe Montana in the pocket is causing me to overreact. Of course the pass rush has been better under Quinn, but it's as if it's feast or famine with our rush. There isn't anything consistent about it even when we blitz. 

Can you drop some truth bombs on these pass rush deprived eyes y'all? What do I need to be looking at on the screen to get a good indication of a decent rush? What makes you say it wasn't bad today? By your standards, does that mean it was decent or below average?  I know our secondary is going to be well above average. Im just not happy that the dline often leaves them out to dry with lack of consistent rush. 

Maybe I'm tripping. Im just jealous of watching Jacksonville (I know it's unfair).

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, EightyEight said:

6F5F3562-37AF-483B-9FD4-4B92B5877675.jpeg

If I were the receivers coach, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and a few others would be catching so many balls from a contraption like this, they'd think their arms were gonna fall off!!!  Just a pitiful showing from our receiver group, tonight --- hopefully, we won't lead the NFC in drops again this year... 

EightyEight likes this

4 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Forgive me. I know I have an untrained eye and maybe, the many years of watching average or below average qbs stand tall like Joe Montana in the pocket is causing me to overreact. Of course the pass rush has been better under Quinn, but it's as if it's feast or famine with our rush. There isn't anything consistent about it even when we blitz. 

Can you drop some truth bombs on these pass rush deprived eyes y'all? What do I need to be looking at on the screen to get a good indication of a decent rush? What makes you say it wasn't bad today? By your standards, does that mean it was decent or below average?  I know our secondary is going to be well above average. Im just not happy that the dline often leaves them out to dry with lack of consistent rush. 

Maybe I'm tripping. Im just jealous of watching Jacksonville (I know it's unfair).

No, you saw right. I just saw a lot of no calls on Beasley. He has to deal with it. They will use this as a learning lesson. Also, check downs. Lol!!! Its how we lost the SB. They are like run plays.

ShadyRef likes this