Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MD-FalconFan13

Vic Beasley is SOFT

154 posts in this topic

Man you got to be kidding me. I have tried to have patience with him. But he gets manhandled WAY too much. 

There is no way we can be thinking of giving him 15+ a year. This is ridiculous. He lacks physicality at the point if attack and that will limit his impact. He's got to stop playing soft.

Just now, UnrealfalcoN said:

Yup, he should instead rip apart his shoulder on meaningless preseason games. /s

You realize other teams have all pro players playing in pre season making an impact and not getting blocked up.

Folks pretend like our guys under performing is normal. Its not. Beasley has so much potential. But he HAS to start playing tougher because getting close to the QB isn't good enough 

Byrdman242424 likes this

20 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Yup, he should instead rip apart his shoulder on meaningless preseason games. /s

Boi stop, takk out there ain't he? Vic ain't that guy period. Pre or post injury or de or lb.. Pay someone else 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

Beasley is not a bust, but he is entirely scheme dependent. He's not beating average tackles 1v1 often, and he's not even making top tier OTs break a sweat. I'm not down on him, but we really should acknowledge that he depends on scheme.  People hate when we do it, but I really think some of his best work is when we give him a chance to use his speed in space.  For instance, he can spy a QB with the best of them. His speed is his special tool, but he doesn't have the bend to beat good tackles with speed consistently.

I almost think he needs to learn a change up to compliment his fastball. Get them off balance with a studder step or something then go. 

10 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Boi stop, takk out there ain't he? Vic ain't that guy period. Pre or post injury or de or lb.. Pay someone else 

I'm almost here. If we're really going to spend that 15 mil on him why not 5 to it and get a guy that is a difference maker against the run and pass? I really want Vic to succeed. But he's been given enough opportunity and is still getting straight rough housed in his 4th season. 

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Man you got to be kidding me. I have tried to have patience with him. But he gets manhandled WAY too much. 

There is no way we can be thinking of giving him 15+ a year. This is ridiculous. He lacks physicality at the point if attack and that will limit his impact. He's got to stop playing soft.

Right. He should be out there going all out in this preseason game, screw it...style points count in preseason games...it guarantees a super bowl victory.