On a scale of 1-10 this is probably a 0 but I thought it would make for a good discussion. When I went to the scrimmage/practice at the Mercedes Benz stadium, the dome was opened at 12:10 pm. I noticed a really bad glare from the 20 yard line to the opposite 20. The sun was directly overhead. They closed it before 1 pm. I hope that the Falcons don't try and play with the glare just for the sake of having the top open. I will say that they do a nice job of pumping in cooling are which made things comfortable. There is no way that they can play in the bad glare. I am sure they saw the same thing.

Edited by slewis1952
mistake
11 minutes ago, slewis1952 said:

On a scale of 1-10 but I thought it would make for a good discussion. When I went to the scrimmage/practice at the Mercedes Benz stadium, the dome was opened at 12:10 pm. I noticed a really bad glare from the 20 yard line to the opposite 20. The sun was directly overhead. They closed it before 1 pm. I hope that the Falcons don't try and play with the glare just for the sake of having the top open. I will say that they do a nice job of pumping in cooling are which made things comfortable. There is no way that they can play in the bad glare. I am sure they saw the same thing.

What's the question exactly and you didn't even give your own rating in the scale lol

To me, glare implies that there is an issue with the sun affecting eyesight.

It sounds like you're talking about direct sunlight, but I'm not seeing how that's any different than an open air stadium.  If it's too hot, they'll close it, like they did for the practice because it was really hot outside.

1 hour ago, PK Manley said:

To me, glare implies that there is an issue with the sun affecting eyesight.

It sounds like you're talking about direct sunlight, but I'm not seeing how that's any different than an open air stadium.  If it's too hot, they'll close it, like they did for the practice because it was really hot outside.

An open air stadium doesn't have the same issues with stark contrast between light and shadow, even though shadows creep onto the field.  It could be an issue for receivers, depending on the time of day.  Really wish we could have gotten the stadium that LA Is building because it has a TON of light for an "indoor" stadium.  Ours still looks like a dome with a hole in it.

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

An open air stadium doesn't have the same issues with stark contrast between light and shadow, even though shadows creep onto the field.  It could be an issue for receivers, depending on the time of day.  Really wish we could have gotten the stadium that LA Is building because it has a TON of light for an "indoor" stadium.  Ours still looks like a dome with a hole in it.

Well, I was just addressing the OP that doesn't seem to be referring to anything like this, but I think the lighting that exists in the stadium should do just fine to see properly.  If not, well we play there all the time and the opponents don't.

4 hours ago, slewis1952 said:

On a scale of 1-10 but I thought it would make for a good discussion. When I went to the scrimmage/practice at the Mercedes Benz stadium, the dome was opened at 12:10 pm. I noticed a really bad glare from the 20 yard line to the opposite 20. The sun was directly overhead. They closed it before 1 pm. I hope that the Falcons don't try and play with the glare just for the sake of having the top open. I will say that they do a nice job of pumping in cooling are which made things comfortable. There is no way that they can play in the bad glare. I am sure they saw the same thing.

I wish they'd just keep the roof closed forever.

8 hours ago, slewis1952 said:

I love are conditioned stadiums

15 hours ago, papachaz said:

yeah, they should probably close it when it rains so it doesn't leak  :ninja::ninja:

:lol:

ok I knew he meant when it IS closed....just in case anyone else didn't think that  ;)

I’m assuming no one else has mentioned it tbh. I got a buddy who has season tickets to the United games and he showed me a couple of videos of the water leaking bad on rainy days

On 8/24/2018 at 10:33 PM, PK Manley said:

Well, I was just addressing the OP that doesn't seem to be referring to anything like this, but I think the lighting that exists in the stadium should do just fine to see properly.  If not, well we play there all the time and the opponents don't.

We'll see, but I haven't been to a day game yet.  Those practice photos made it look like a death laser though!