47 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

In my now decade plus of posting here, that absolutely ranks as one of the top 5 dumbest threads ever started.

#1 would clearly be the classic Swift thread where he claimed Ryan wasn’t elite because his girlfriend, now wife, wasn’t a super model.  Since humans first learned to speak, a dumber statement has never been uttered.  

Edited by Falconsin2012
9 hours ago, EJmusic said:

ATLANTA FALCONS

Matt Ryan May Be Boring, but It's Foolish to Overlook the Former NFL MVP

MIKE TANIERAUGUST 23, 2018

We want to feel disrespected here. This post does not help!  Please remove!!

In other words...thanks for posting. Good stuff!  Got my +1. The line about the comparison to Rodgers and Flacco is pretty powerful. The Cousins and Newton combined stat was pretty good too. 

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

I kind of liked what Eli had to say, 'who'??  LOL 

Jalen putting target on his back. Remember patrick peterson and his chirping a few years ago? yeah Matt and Julio might just put a game plan together if they have to play them any time soon when it counts for something

Talk is cheap.  I prefer JJ & MR’s approach.  I don’t mind some trash talking  on the field but Jalen came across like a big dummy I think. JMO I guess.

11 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Really? I only read the first two paragraphs but I thought it was sarcasm? Where did Ryan actually engage in the question enough to be considered exciting...

He didn’t engage, like I’ve said many times before ryan’s too classy to get into silly nonsense. But the journalist did a nice job making matt’s Case.....

The ‘eye of the tiger’ comment is from my own observations...

11 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Talk is cheap.  I prefer JJ & MR’s approach.  I don’t mind some trash talking  on the field but Jalen came across like a big dummy I think. JMO I guess.

Talk definitely isnt cheap but I get where you are coming from.  Sherman and Ramsey 2 of the best trash talkers and 2 of the best guys at getting under a WR's skin. Its a mental game too. Trash talking is something im fond of because I was a big one at every level I played. There is nothing like pissing a guy off and having him overreact and get emotional because things arent going his way.  That said....Ryan and JJ arent guys to talk to.  They will quietly eat you alive all game long and from time to time they will let you know about it.  I remember how Jeremy Lane was talking trash during the Seattle game from a couple years ago.  Julio ran him over and caught a couple passes on him and he was sure to let him know how he was abusing him. lol

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He didn’t engage, like I’ve said many times before ryan’s too classy to get into silly nonsense. But the journalist did a nice job making matt’s Case.....

The ‘eye of the tiger’ comment is from my observations...

Oh. I was lazy. After the first couple of paragraphs I thought it was another paper view match with Jalen and Matt.

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

Talk definitely isnt cheap but I get where you are coming from.  Sherman and Ramsey 2 of the best trash talkers and 2 of the best guys at getting under a WR's skin. Its a mental game too. Trash talking is something im fond of because I was a big one at every level I played. There is nothing like pissing a guy off and having him overreact and get emotional because things arent going his way.  That said....Ryan and JJ arent guys to talk to.  They will quietly eat you alive all game long and from time to time they will let you know about it.  I remember how Jeremy Lane was talking trash during the Seattle game from a couple years ago.  Julio ran him over and caught a couple passes on him and he was sure to let him know how he was abusing him. lol

Like I said the talking on the field I’m fine with.  It’s the stupid comments to media and stuff that makes you look foolish in many cases.

Ramsey def lost some cred/respect with that horrific week he had. His team punished him & his comments on league QBs made him look like a big dummy.

I don’t disagree with any of your above comments other than I still say talk is cheap. 

4 hours ago, Stryka said:

Agree. A good trash talker will put player's off their games. There's an art to it and those who are good at it are to be regarded with a certain respect, even if grudgingly given.

Whatever you think of it from a moral and/or ethical standpoint, it can be the difference between winning and losing. I've seen pool matches lost before the first ball was hit because one player psychs the other player out with effective trash talking. 

Calais Campbell of the Jags was talking about Ramsey's trash talking to Rick Eisen in a recent interview and was saying they ~ the Jags defense ~ liked to trash talk "then back it up" in the games. Clearly they have chosen a course few other defenses or offensive units in the league take, but they like being the intimidators and bullies and have the talent and confidence to make it work for them.

Which brings us to tonight's 3rd faux football game. I know Dan Quinn doesn't care about winning these games. I know we like to take the high road and not respond to the trash talk, but I do not want the Falcons first units on offense and defense to get shoved around and shown up tonight.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. A good trash talker will put player's off their games. There's a certain art to it and those who are good at it are to be regarded with a certain respect, even if grudgingly given.

Whatever you think of it from a moral and/or ethical standpoint, it can be the difference between winning and losing. I've seen pool matches lost before the first ball was hit because one player psychs the other player out with effective trash talking. 

Calais Campbell of the Jags was talking about Ramsey's trash talking to Rick Eisen in a recent interview and was saying they ~ the Jags defense ~ liked to trash talk "then back it up" in the games. Clearly they have chosen a course few other defenses or offensive units in the league take, but they like being the intimidators and bullies and have the talent and confidence to make it work for them.

Which brings us to tonight's 3rd faux football game. I know Dan Quinn doesn't care about winning these games. I know we like to take the high road and not respond to the trash talk, but I do not want the Falcons first units on offense and defense to get shoved around and shown up tonight.

I have no problem players trash talking on the field. But doing it in the media is just calling attention to oneself, and often/usually comes back to bite you in the ***....

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I have no problem players trash talking on the field. But doing it in the media is just calling attention to yourself, and often comes back to bite you in the ***....

It definitely calls attention to yourself, but it also calls out the other team right out in front of the entire universe. You're having the gauntlet thrown down at your feet in front of 9 billion people. Some teams can handle that public insult, others maybe not.

It can bite you in the backside, or it can make the team you trash talked play up-tight or over emotional and lose. I know this game is meaningless, but I still hope Ice can complete a few passes on him so the Ramsey trash talk trails off to a rueful whimper.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. A good trash talker will put player's off their games. There's an art to it and those who are good at it are to be regarded with a certain respect, even if grudgingly given.

I remember years ago that a Falcon player overheard Deion, after a play, tell a receiver; ......"You keep running routes like that, you'll find yourself in the Arena League".