Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athell

Bryant back! Garland, Julio, Devonta Out vs Jags

4 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I guess you didnt watch the games so there is no point in continuing this convo

Every single one.

You are right though, there is no point continuing this convo tho.  First intelligent thing you've said about it!  Good day to you sir!

2 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Neither do Teco, Sanu, Grady and 20 others...but there out there. Apparently Free and Julio are China dolls.

Go the McVay route and sit all our starters for all I care.  The preaseason is dumb.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

What?

1.  Julio was at Ryan's passing camp

2.  Julio missed a couple of OTAs but he was at camp, healthy, and didn't miss a practice.

Last year he was recovering from foot surgery so he didn't practice as much.

But they dont train together, maybe all they need is a full camp. I never said they will not be great, but last year is a concern for me

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Every single one.

You are right though, there is no point continuing this convo tho.  First intelligent thing you've said about it!  Good day to you sir!

All this because I said it concerns me, man your panties are on tight!

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Go the McVay route and sit all our starters for all I care.  The preaseason is dumb.

I'm actually shocked that the dome sells any preseason tix. Unless you just want to watch the people you came to see stand on the sideline.

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

But they dont train together, maybe all they need is a full camp. I never said they will not be great, but last year is a concern for me

And they never have before.

Ryan is doing completely different conditioning than Julio and Julio probably doesn't do anything for throwing arm endurance.

When I recall Julio and Ryan having issues historically Julio not practicing was mentioned because these were things that were happening deep into the season.

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

What?

2.  Julio missed a couple of OTAs but he was at camp, healthy, and didn't miss a practice.

Didn’t practice at all. He and Gabriel worked out on the sideline. Never practiced. The first time they both hit the field was pre season. Don’t think some of these guys understand that timing and other things are taken care of in camp/practice. Not ore season. It’s too late if you’re trying to get these things down in pre season 

13 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I'm actually shocked that the dome sells any preseason tix. Unless you just want to watch the people you came to see stand on the sideline.

Preseason thrives because people are so hard up for football lol.  It's so bad though.  So so bad.  And probably still pretty expensive!

16 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

All this because I said it concerns me, man your panties are on tight!

I roll commando bruv ;)

Actually no I don't.  It's super uncomfortable.

41 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I should have used the word timing rather than chemistry, either way, it was gone. All you had to do is watch the games to see that they were not in sync on a lot of plays they alway have been in sync on

And you don’t think that has more to do with a 1st year OC that wasn’t on the same page with his players as well as not  having two of his top playmakers in camp while trying to learn another oc’s system vs playing pre season games? Last season was 2015 all over again. The Down year was attributed to sark learning the system more than anything else. The timing was off early because Julio missed CAMP and all off season because of surgery. Don’t know If you ever played but camp is where the season begins. Not pre season games. If you’re using pre season to get timing and  the little nuances down then it’s too late. Camp is where you work on timing. It took 2 years for them to get in sync with Kyle. This is year 2 with sark and they look d@mn good based on the KC game. And you think Julio and Freeman ain’t on the same page with everybody else?? They’ve been practicing. Trust and believe they’re on point with everybody else. Julio and Gabriel missed Matt’s passing camp last year because of injury. Julio was there this year like he was in 2016. They work on timing and routes and all the things you’re worried about there. Then it continues into camp. WHY would they lose that from not playing pre season games when they actually practice everyday? 

1 hour ago, athell said:

Fowler?  Me too!  I'm very curious about this move and what's up with Ortiz.

The timing of this acquisition was odd. Just when it looked like Ortiz had locked it up, here comes somebody from nowhere who now must be considered the favorite to win the job. I was starting to like Ortiz. Now I kinda feel bad for the dude.

I'm sure they brought Fowler in because they know he's better and more experienced than Ortiz and the price was apparently reasonable. It's going to be fun seeing him block, because they say he's a bone-crusher.

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And you don’t think that has more to do with a 1st year OC that wasn’t on the same page with his players as well as not  having two of his top playmakers in camp while trying to learn another oc’s system vs playing pre season games? Last season was 2015 all over again. The Down year was attributed to sark learning the system more than anything else. The timing was off early because Julio missed CAMP and all off season because of surgery. Don’t know If you ever played but camp is where the season begins. Not pre season games. If you’re using pre season to get timing and  the little nuances down then it’s too late. Camp is where you work on timing. It took 2 years for them to get in sync with Kyle. This is year 2 with sark and they look d@mn good based on the KC game. And you think Julio and Freeman ain’t on the same page with everybody else?? They’ve been practicing. Trust and believe they’re on point with everybody else. Julio and Gabriel missed Matt’s passing camp last year because of injury. Julio was there this year like he was in 2016. They work on timing and routes and all the things you’re worried about there. Then it continues into camp. WHY would they lose that from not playing pre season games when they actually practice everyday? 

Idk man, then why do starters even play in the preseason? By your philosophy we shouldnt play anyone, and niether should any other team. But they do, and there is a reason. 

But I am not trying to say you are wrong, but it still concerns me. I hope they light the world on fire, I expect them too. I just hope they are in sync day 1 and not a day later!

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

The timing of this acquisition was odd. Just when it looked like Ortiz had locked it up, here comes somebody from nowhere who now must be considered the favorite to win the job. I was starting to like Ortiz. Now I kinda feel bad for the dude.

I'm sure they brought Fowler in because they know he's better and more experienced than Ortiz and the price was apparently reasonable. It's going to be fun seeing him block, because they say he's a bone-crusher.

From what I can tell, this signing happened immediately following Ortiz wearing the black 'no contact' jersey in practice so I think this is more injury related than anything.

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

agreed with most of that but there will still be timing issues that just cant be solved in camp, bc there is not contact anymore in camp or very little, everything is at a slower speed. pre season is the closest thing to simulate to a reg season game. but I agree with everything else. the communication will be a lot better bc of sarks 2nd yr. matt and julio will be on the same page as to where and when to be on the field at what depth bc of the work they put in during the offseason. but it might take a game or two to get that real flow game down. not only bc of real game speed, but bc this the first time julio been healthy in two yrs.

1 minute ago, athell said:

It's really not

disagree if you play at true half speed during the pre season like you do in practice than you are in for a world of hurt and injury, bc certain players treat all games the same like jarvis landry 

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

Will playing 2 series together in a preseason game really help that? You get down chemistry in practice.

5 minutes ago, athell said:

From what I can tell, this signing happened immediately following Ortiz wearing the black 'no contact' jersey in practice so I think this is more injury related than anything.

Sounds like it, but why no definitive word one way or the other?

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

disagree if you play at true half speed during the pre season like you do in practice than you are in for a world of hurt and injury, bc certain players treat all games the same like jarvis landry 

Got nothing to do with half speed.  Guys play full speed.  It's just watered down vanilla football.  It would be like saying the NBA All Star Game is real basketball or the Pro Bowl is real football.  There is no scheming, either on offense or defense.  There is no real situational game calling.  It's just regurgitated something that appears to be football.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Got nothing to do with half speed.  Guys play full speed.  It's just watered down vanilla football.  It would be like saying the NBA All Star Game is real basketball or the Pro Bowl is real football.  There is no scheming, either on offense or defense.  There is no real situational game calling.  It's just regurgitated something that appears to be football.

no not a good analogy basketball is barely a contact sport at all anymore in real games including playoffs. so of course not in an all star game. as far as situational game calling the first couple of games in the real season is loosey gooesy as well bc so many teams have high turnover rates of players and coaches, so you cant really scheme against them, until week 3 or 4 after a decent amount of tape has been put on film.

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

no not a good analogy basketball is barely a contact sport at all anymore in real games including playoffs. so of course not in an all star game. as far as situational game calling the first couple of games in the real season is loosey gooesy as well bc so many teams have high turnover rates of players and coaches, so you cant really scheme against them, until week 3 or 4 after a decent amount of tape has been put on film.

It is a good analogy though.  Watered down, vanilla version of a sport that does not count for anything.  That is preseason football.  You are seeing like 1/25th of the playbook during these games and the players running them, almost half won't even be on the team come regular season.

The preseason, for starters, is an absolute joke.  I get the need for rookies, udfa's, players working back from injury, etc.  But by and large it is a pointless exercise for veterans and starters.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

What?

To take it further...didn't participate in 11 v 11's at all during camp. First live action was preseason.